map reset

Veltore - Heavens Tear
Veltore - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Etherblade (West)
I hoenestly think it's time HT map was reset.No one attacks Enrage.We can't attack any for fear of being a bully.It's no fun attacking peeps that don't show up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Veltore - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I hoenestly think it's time HT map was reset.No one attacks Enrage.We can't attack any for fear of being a bully.It's no fun attacking peeps that don't show up.

Just a map reset for Enrage and Rad, deal?
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veltore - Heavens Tear
    Veltore - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If they reset ,lots of factions would get territorries.Especially those with TW experience.IMHO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What about the hard working guilds who actually managed to get land by them selves?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    it would be for the best of all older servers to have a reset, though we all know they wont do it.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It'd be fair to reset once 1-3 guilds have taken over 90% of the map with no signs of competition for them approaching. But at this point some up-coming guilds have just secure their first land and look promosing enough to get more, it'd be very unfair for those guilds.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It'd be fair to reset once 1-3 guilds have taken over 90% of the map with no signs of competition for them approaching. But at this point some up-coming guilds have just secure their first land and look promosing enough to get more, it'd be very unfair for those guilds.

*glances at Sanctuary's TW map* I think they could use a reset...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited May 2009

We are in agreement, if they reset you have my blessing to use special beam canon on Veltore for bringing it up. lol
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009

b:chuckle just wait little one, just wait, the time will come. b:laugh
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Enrage might be begging for a reset... but on the other hand, I believe Radiance will be dead against any reset. Chances are, they will never get that much land again.
  • SushiFishy - Heavens Tear
    SushiFishy - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nah, no reset... things are finaly getting interesting again with more factions on the map now, so why reset ? .. would be rather stupid if you ask me ... I for one would like to see what happens with TW now. Other factions will get stronger to a point where they CAN kick enrages butt... Just takes time so be patient :) ... In a real war they wouldnt say something like this either: "hey , lets start over and see what happens this time, maybe more countries will get involved wich could be more fun"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    at this moment we definetly don't need a map reset

but it would be nice tho that admins would put in a new patch so there would be like legion attacks at random times on territory's so fallen guilds would loose their land faster just to wraiths , like the storyline is telling us about
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    In a real war they wouldnt say something like this either: "hey , lets start over and see what happens this time, maybe more countries will get involved wich could be more fun"

Good thing this isnt real life.

As for the small guilds who just got on the map, they would actually stand a better chance of getting back on the map and getting more territories from a map reset.

As lets face it there really arent that many true TW guilds on HT. The "smaller" ones holding land now would get right back on the map and be able to expand through more guilds they would be able to actually compete against and win to get more territories than what they stand to agianst now.

But yeah the game probably wont do it at least not for a long long long long time to come. Will be fun when they finally do, otherwise Ill keep working on my TT90 gear and getting it all spiffed up for when we finally get attacked again lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • KillerByte - Heavens Tear
    KillerByte - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Other guilds aren't attacking Enrage either because they are way too small or their territories aren't touching you guys yet, let them grow and you will get your confontations.
    As for peeps not showing up, you are still only attacking Rad, and one of the reasons that I left Enrage was that your future plans at the time were only to attack Rad and encircle 1k streams which meant absolutely no exciting TW's in the forseeable future. Resetting the map isn't the answer, resetting your factions attack strategy is, or at least was.
  • Lleela - Heavens Tear
    Lleela - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hmm, thought the current destroy Rad strategy was a map reset.

Tactics have been quite brutal, send players to a guild recruiting, have them create mass amounts of drama and dissent till others get tired of it and leave too. Massive propaganda threads in PW Forums about how Rad sucks, from players who haven't been in faction for ages, or were not willing to work under different leadership.

Looks like a Map reset to me. Lets let everyone reap the benefits of all their hard work awhile, after all destroying guilds through political means deserves something in return.

Next big map reset comes when that next (forbidden name) MMO is released and all the superstars head off to be top dog somewhere else and leave HT to us casual players who play for fun and not my e-peen is bigger than yours bragging rights.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Hmm, thought the current destroy Rad strategy was a map reset.

Tactics have been quite brutal, send players to a guild recruiting, have them create mass amounts of drama and dissent till others get tired of it and leave too. Massive propaganda threads in PW Forums about how Rad sucks, from players who haven't been in faction for ages, or were not willing to work under different leadership.

Looks like a Map reset to me. Lets let everyone reap the benefits of all their hard work awhile, after all destroying guilds through political means deserves something in return.

Next big map reset comes when that next (forbidden name) MMO is released and all the superstars head off to be top dog somewhere else and leave HT to us casual players who play for fun and not my e-peen is bigger than yours bragging rights.

ROFL, so in essence none of Rads problems are their fault..... Im really sure people sent people into Rad just to cause drama to make others leave. Looks like your own guilds decisions are doing that well enough without the help from outsiders.

The massive propoganda threads? So if I person is unhappy with a guild to the point of leaving it and then they let people know why they left or why they were unhappy it becomes massive propoganda?

Those people all didnt get mad and upset and that angry for no reason. Rad did something to make them feel the way they did, even if you dont agree with their feelings.

Hate to break it to you but even when those "top dogs" leave there will ALWAYS be someone there to take their place and the e-peen contest will go on. Rad did it when they were "top dogs" as well. Any guild that reaches the top will become that way too. So "you" casual players might as well get over that now or move on yourselfs if you cant enjoy the game the way it is..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    map wipe ftwwwwwwwww
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lleela - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    so happy Cat got the first flame in.

Lets see if I can respond. recently we had fivealive, from triad show up to count numbers then drop in middle of TW and then flame forums next day how Rad sucks because he just left, bookman, mostly just a trouble maker for a week, forp, sad little kid this past week, the list goes on. Just the ones I can recall off top of head. Yeah so some people come just to count numbers cause problems and leave.

Propaganda threads, yep a month after charity left PW the bashing of her and her leadership continued, was ancient history. Without mentioning faction names, last big upheaval came because some folks didn't get their way and took their ball to go play elsewhere. It appears since the the numbers were so large if they had bothered to actually vote, the split would not have been necessary. Should have named their new faction Lemmings, seems fitting for their follow the shiny level 90s and future TW income mentality.

I use the term top dogs very loosely, as it appears all it takes to become top dogs is a little more time in game. Those of us who started 5mths and more after server start up are quickly catching up. As for moving somewhere else, nah... I plan to stick around to see the fall of a couple of the new 'top' guilds and sit on sidelines chuckling at the irony.

I think I finally understand all the anger that fuels your flames Cat, once you found out other people could actually own a Herc and Phoenix too you didn't feel so special anymore. Rush rush rush to the next game to get that special feeling back.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    actuallly... cat doesnt feel special cause shes got herc and nix, she feels special cause she iz major trollzer! and she gets the company of Mr.Sticky. man, that dude is awesome, i would SO have his babies....
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A map reset is just a temp delay of what will happen.
    Lets see, if the TW map resets-> large guilds bid on lands surrounding the cities, smaller guilds bid on other lands. I forsee almost all of lands being taken up within first 1-2 weeks since there are already alot of max refund guilds in HT.

In the next couple of weeks the large guilds take the 5 cities and following that proceed to wipe out the smaller 1-2 land guilds. Eventually 5 large guilds clash and become 4 or maybe 3 larger guilds. Its the same situation really.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Insert My attempt at a comeback here

Not like you guys werent warned about book and desi lol. As for the others IF thats what they are really doing then once maybe you need to sit back and ask yourself why and what has Rad done? Though I seriously doubt once again that anyone needs to come in to count the numbers of Rad, especially Triads.

I can tell you even as much as people hate Enrage we arent having those problems. There arent people coming into our guild trying to sabotage us and just cause trouble then post about it the next day on the forums.

So it seems kinda ironic to me that this little nice guild Rad who has never done anything to anyone has all these big bad people purposely coming in and trying to destroy it, cause drama, etc etc..

Something has to be fueling those actions and causing such hate.

As for your last comment what does herc and nix have to do with anything? Especially with feeling special? What makes me feel special is all the emotions I can provoke in people like you with just a few little comments.

Dance My Puppets! Dance!

Wait I am lying! My herc does make me feel special, have you seen what he can do!?

Then you need to take your blinders off and stop trying to pretend Rad is this perfect guild. And that everyones out to get Rad. Everyone pretty much already knows Rad is no longer a top notch TW guild. Most guilds on the map probably dont even consider them a threat.

Yes wiping rad off the map is like a small map wipe but not enough to change things as drastically and as fast as a real map wipe would. Im in the "top" guild and I wouldnt care if they did a map wipe. Most people still fail to understand the fun in TWs is the TWs not the land you own.

Personally I would prefer map wipes every 6 months regardless of who owned what or how much land. Just because things would always be ever changing and interesting.

But make a few more posts for me about all these spys getting sent in and evil plots. This is going to make for one great conspiracy theory for next weeks predictions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    oooooo O.O

Nintendooo
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    so happy Cat got the first flame in.

Lets see if I can respond. recently we had fivealive, from triad show up to count numbers then drop in middle of TW and then flame forums next day how Rad sucks because he just left, bookman, mostly just a trouble maker for a week, forp, sad little kid this past week, the list goes on. Just the ones I can recall off top of head. Yeah so some people come just to count numbers cause problems and leave.

Propaganda threads, yep a month after charity left PW the bashing of her and her leadership continued, was ancient history. Without mentioning faction names, last big upheaval came because some folks didn't get their way and took their ball to go play elsewhere. It appears since the the numbers were so large if they had bothered to actually vote, the split would not have been necessary. Should have named their new faction Lemmings, seems fitting for their follow the shiny level 90s and future TW income mentality.

I use the term top dogs very loosely, as it appears all it takes to become top dogs is a little more time in game. Those of us who started 5mths and more after server start up are quickly catching up. As for moving somewhere else, nah... I plan to stick around to see the fall of a couple of the new 'top' guilds and sit on sidelines chuckling at the irony.

I think I finally understand all the anger that fuels your flames Cat, once you found out other people could actually own a Herc and Phoenix too you didn't feel so special anymore. Rush rush rush to the next game to get that special feeling back.

You always post the exact same dribble and its always shot down by people who actually have a clue. Radiance has destroyed itself by merging with factions that already had big issues and simply added to the drama within Radiance. Many warned Radiance about bookman and desi but your leadership didnt listen so Radiance deserves what ever those 2 have done.

You seem to think you can convince people that Radiance is doing well and full of joy and love. Well most of us get shown screenshots of forum posts/Officer meetings/ faction chat from Radiance on a weekly if not daily basis, so your only fooling yourself. Radiance is no longer Radiance nor will it ever be again. They dont even rank in the top 4 guilds anymore and no one takes them seriously as a TW faction.

We dont need to bring up old drama anymore theres plenty of fresh Radiance drama to keep us all amused b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wendygo - Lost City
    Wendygo - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009

This just shows how ignorant you are and how much you realy know.wich isnt much apperently.People did vote and Rawthorne was not the one who won. Due to some drama Edya left and the large group you talk about is the majority who voted for her, not Raw.Following shiney lvl 90's? nah,. following someone they do believe in for leading a faction well and to make it a good one , not to forget to be with friends.
    Seems like the right choise to me, specialy when you look at what Radiance has become, or should i say elysium?
    Thought you joined Radiance for what it stood for.Well sorry to say but there is nothing left of that Radiance.
    You say they all left to join a strong faction to get a large TW pay in the future? If you realy joined Radiance for what it stood for, the only reason i can think of for you still being in it is to get as much TW pay as possible out of a dying faction that will soon be whiped of the map.
  • Lleela - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    TeeHee, I am sneaky attributing quotes that were not made.

Your right we knew better with bookman and desi, many did not want to invite them due to their past history. A large group of their "friends" who now are their current guildmates put the pressure on to let them in. I hope they are all happy together until the guild bank goes missing.

Cat, the triad spy happened about 2 weeks prior to Triads huge influx of players which put them back in the game, your right at this point no need to spy on Rad, their only possible competition left is Enrage.

Crystabella, wow this gives me an idea for a game. I post something and we can bet on if you, rifkind, cat, or killerbyte can be the first to flame it.

Stop stalking me, it creeps me out.

Wendygo??? Edya is that you? Does make me wonder though, since Edya won the vote why she choose to leave and create Tao, seems like it would have been easier to stay and kick people, instead of spending so much time PMing people to come to her new Lemmings faction. Your recruiting is slipping, still a couple over here teetering on the fence about coming to Lemmings, just give them a little tug.

Oh and please don't assume because you only see staying for TW income till it dries up as a reason to stick with a faction that applies to others.

Next time post with your Lemmings faction character so I can know if Im responding to the head lemming or just one of her minions.
  • Wendygo - Lost City
    Wendygo - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lemmings , lemmings................hmm, nope, im no lemming, neither is Tao a faction with lemmings, or any other faction with ex Radiance members ;). And no, im not Edya, im not even in Tao but one of the other wonderfull factions ;),. just saying you dont know anything. And since lemmings dont know anything,. well, you can fill in what im gona call you next ;)
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Your right we knew better with bookman and desi, many did not want to invite them due to their past history. A large group of their "friends" who now are their current guildmates put the pressure on to let them in. I hope they are all happy together until the guild bank goes missing.

Cat, the triad spy happened about 2 weeks prior to Triads huge influx of players which put them back in the game, your right at this point no need to spy on Rad, their only possible competition left is Enrage.

Crystabella, wow this gives me an idea for a game. I post something and we can bet on if you, rifkind, cat, or killerbyte can be the first to flame it.

Wendygo??? Edya is that you? Does make me wonder though, since Edya won the vote why she choose to leave and create Tao, seems like it would have been easier to stay and kick people, instead of spending so much time PMing people to come to her new Lemmings faction. Your recruiting is slipping, still a couple over here teetering on the fence about coming to Lemmings, just give them a little tug.

Oh and please don't assume because you only see staying for TW income till it dries up as a reason to stick with a faction that applies to others.

Next time post with your Lemmings faction character so I can know if Im responding to the head lemming or just one of her minions.

You and Radiance must wonder where other people are getting the fuel to attack you each week and basically dislike your faction now, don't you? Cause of THIS. Your constant forum posts defending and attacking other people about Radiance, plus add in your guild members waste the scene so worse for your guild in other threads.

Why defend Radiance while your own people are still there infront of your face making you look bad? Where? Look in "QueenBii".

Just accept the fact Radiance is not liked and your going down. b:bye
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lleela, so your choice would be to kick those people you dislike in faction once you become leader? so tactful... anyway it would never have made radiance look respectable, but i can understand you may see it good idea, just that in long run there wont be any healthy faction on that choice :P
  • Lleela - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    plus add in your guild members waste the scene so worse for your guild in other threads.

huh?? that made no sense at all. welcome back from your fake bid ban btw.

Edit***theHate nope, my solution would have been to accept leadership and choose to work through conflict in an adult manner, not disband and take several people to a new faction to become undisputed Queen of the lemmings. Getting back to the so holy charter everyone likes to bring up, what happened to respectfully being in disagreement. I dont recall the chapter and verse related to jumping ship if things are not going your way.

Was sorry to see you guys go, but in reality the fall of Rad (as a TW force) is related more to those who were unable to work through petty grudges and ego clashes, not the ones you left behind holding the bag. ***/End Edit

Back to map reset topic,

Since when is Enrage worried about being seen as a bully, that's good for a laugh. Just continue mopping up lands, plenty orange lands out there still for you. Your not going to know where you stand though until you face the New Triad. Tao and Ceaser are same old players you've beat before under different banners.

Sooner or later Enrage and Triad are going to bump into each other.
    Ceaser and Tao can compete for the number three spot.

Besides as a previous poster stated, even with a complete reset it would only be a matter of weeks before the same top four TW factions dominate the map again
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2009

You think people are stalking you if they reply to your forum posts ?? LOL I think that totally sums up your intelligence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    One of the best threads I have read in a while!
    What will be said next? Stay tuned.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]