Fox form problem

merulz
merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I can't change to fox form without first equipping a weapon. The skill description says "Unarmed, Magic Instruments".

I found this out when I was trying to equip my heavy Venomancer with a melee weapon in fox form (too bad you can't b:bye). It's not a big deal, I just though GM's should be aware of it so they can pass it along to the Dev's to fix the skill description or allow unarmed transformation again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
Server: irc.deltaanime.net
Channel: #pwint
Post edited by merulz on

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    its because, although the veno's true form is a fox, it takes magic to transform her into human shape. apparently the magic in the weapon is what enables her to shapechange, and when the magical weapon is switched for something else, or taken off, she is stuck in human form. venos are supposed to be magic users, not blademasters, so this isnt actually a glitch.104.gif
    merulz wrote: »
    I can't change to fox form without first equipping a weapon. The skill description says "Unarmed, Magic Instruments".

I found this out when I was trying to equip my heavy Venomancer with a melee weapon in fox form (too bad you can't b:bye). It's not a big deal, I just though GM's should be aware of it so they can pass it along to the Dev's to fix the skill description or allow unarmed transformation again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why exactly would you want to change to fox form with no weapon again?

Fox builds are pretty much flawed from the getgo because we're not allowed to use swords/axes/etc so it really makes no difference to the game.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This isn't a bug, it's enforced common sense. The foxform is a hard to play status inducing tank, your attack is based on,

phy atk weapon stat X Base phy atk X fox form multiplyer.(a melee weapon would provide you too much attack so to help balance the game you have to use low power weapons)

It's not that useful PvE, but a real pain to fight PvP(Decent Defence and Magic Defence).
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's not that useful PvE, but a real pain to fight PvP(Decent Defence and Magic Defence).

I kinda beg to differ, here. I use fox form all the time in PvE, and it is really useful. It comes down to exactly what you have on your magic weapon and gear. If you want more physical power, instead of putting magic shards into your weapon, add more physical shards. I've got a weapon on me right now that has + 9 Str. I also have pieces of gear that give me + str. No, I'm not going to say I have the booming physical power of a barb/BM, but with proper improvisation, IE amping a mob beforehand, I do tend to cause quite a bit of damage.

But, you did get one thing perfectly right. We are designed to be a debuff tank. Power isn't our game. We cripple the hell out of everything statwise instead. When you can pretty much make a mob miss almost all the time, and absorb back the HP you lost when it does connect, why do you really need to hit him like a truck? That would just be rediculous, and overpowered.
  • jojoban
    jojoban Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ^ Agreed. My build is foxform only atm (lvl 62) and she kicks **** in PVE. Granted that against magic mobs I have to be careful and only take them 1-2 at a time as they can hit me fairly hard, but phys mobs get crapped all over. Foxform venos are every bit as good as a mage veno if done right, just in different areas. I can state that without any doubt because I also have a lvl 67 mage veno.
  • HoVulpes - Sanctuary
    HoVulpes - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2009

THERE IS A BUG -.- cmon u used to be able to transform unarmed , with no weap. and now u can do it only with weap
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I assume by the Red statement above that you were not either unarmed or carrying a magic weapon, but a melee weapon. If thats the case then there is no bug. you were just equiped with the wrong weapon, when you should have been unequipped or magic weapon equiped.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't see the problem. If you were using a melee attack weapon you were neither unarmed nor using a magical instrument. Additionally if you changed into fox form you may not exchange weapons, even to dequip or use another magical weapon. There isn't a glitch here, usefulness and whatnot aside.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi all,

I can already see the smoke starting so I will quell the flames before it burns out of control.

We are aware of this issue and will look into getting a fix in the future.

b:sweat
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I kinda beg to differ, here. I use fox form all the time in PvE, and it is really useful. It comes down to exactly what you have on your magic weapon and gear. If you want more physical power, instead of putting magic shards into your weapon, add more physical shards. I've got a weapon on me right now that has + 9 Str. I also have pieces of gear that give me + str. No, I'm not going to say I have the booming physical power of a barb/BM, but with proper improvisation, IE amping a mob beforehand, I do tend to cause quite a bit of damage.

My 67 heavy fox already does more damage per hit than my herc and golem. And she hits a *lot* faster than both. This is using just the base TT60 sword, no phys attack shards.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, can't argue with that. I think we have definitive proof that Fox Form, does in fact, NOT SUCK. Oh, and just a sidenote, Solandri, I'm LA, so I need that little extra bit of push I can get. You, on the other hand, wow. I could never make the HA build work. Too much effort to get those +Stat and - Req to be perfect. But LA allows me to switch between LA and Robes without worrying about the stats to equip, so I'm happy. b:laugh
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Can you imagine the kind of damage a Heavy Fox with same level axes would do in Fox Form if Fox Form wasn't restricted to bare-handed/magic weapon? It would be pretty ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Can you imagine the kind of damage a Heavy Fox with same level axes would do in Fox Form if Fox Form wasn't restricted to bare-handed/magic weapon? It would be pretty ridiculous.

Calculated: Lv 70 with TT Heraldy Axes b:sweat I'm working on making my TT70 Heraldy Axes

7k-10k (Might be just 9k or 9.5k) critical

5k-6.5k in the middle

2k-4.5k regular

With TT 60 Skeleton Axes

5k-7k critical

4k-4.5k in the middle

1k-3.5k regular

As for the foxform with the axes, it'll be sweet.b:victory
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There is no problem with the fox form. In the class description for venomancers it clearly says that venomancers use magic weapons and all the of the venomancers skills require a magic weapon (or unarmed, but who would do that?). And, guess what, that's the way it's supposed to be. That is not a bug (that makes me wonder how many things players call bug are actually they way they were meant to be).

And seriously, I don't know why you would want to be a pure melee. I am a heavy werefox using all level 11 gear and I use mostly my ranged magic skills for both pvp and pve because that's the easiest way to kill anything.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Look at the skill description. It clearly states "Weapon: Barehanded, Magic Instruments". However, the skill is not usable when barehanded. Therefore, the skill is not working as advertised. That is called a bug.

That's all the OP was trying to bring attention to. What weapons Venos should use or whether Fox Form is viable is irrelevant to this topic.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There is no problem with the fox form. In the class description for venomancers it clearly says that venomancers use magic weapons and all the of the venomancers skills require a magic weapon (or unarmed, but who would do that?). And, guess what, that's the way it's supposed to be. That is not a bug (that makes me wonder how many things players call bug are actually they way they were meant to be).

And seriously, I don't know why you would want to be a pure melee. I am a heavy werefox using all level 11 gear and I use mostly my ranged magic skills for both pvp and pve because that's the easiest way to kill anything.

While heavy werewolf is easy for you, Pure Melee is the same with me. It's just what build a person can play the best as. The way things are suppose to be can be altered to better ways. There are many things to do one thing. So please be open with the possibilites. b:thanks
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    in a FB squad, you have the barb who beats down the boss, but the one underneath, letting the air out of the tires with debuffs, is your friendly, neighbourhood foxform veno. we are the ones with the debuffs that make the barbs job that much easier. and the added physical attack that melee mastery gives us while in foxform is nothing to sneeze at either. so we are a big help in getting the goodies from bosses, and thats part of all the fun!

besides, being a fox is SO much more fun that a human....we're cuter than all the rest of you, except the fluffy white tigers! ^0^

treasure.gif
    This isn't a bug, it's enforced common sense. The foxform is a hard to play status inducing tank, your attack is based on,

phy atk weapon stat X Base phy atk X fox form multiplyer.(a melee weapon would provide you too much attack so to help balance the game you have to use low power weapons)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart