BEst genie skills to compliment a mage

2»

Comments

• Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have to agree with Haiz about Frenzy. I like it a lot.

The best thing about it and all genie skills for that matter is that casting is independent of player channeling. So like Haiz said activate the skill the instant before channeling is complete, unless you're coupling it with Extreme poison in which case you use poison half a sec before you need to use frenzy (if you look at the genie skill timer you'll see why). Funny thing is this seems to cause some display errors for me as the impact animations are centred around the caster and the target.

The question I now have is what to use for my 3rd and 4th skill...
    I like pie
  • Babidi - Heavens Tear
    Babidi - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have to agree with Haiz about Frenzy. I like it a lot.

The best thing about it and all genie skills for that matter is that casting is independent of player channeling. So like Haiz said activate the skill the instant before channeling is complete, unless you're coupling it with Extreme poison in which case you use poison half a sec before you need to use frenzy (if you look at the genie skill timer you'll see why). Funny thing is this seems to cause some display errors for me as the impact animations are centred around the caster and the target.

The question I now have is what to use for my 3rd and 4th skill...

when does a wizard get owned?

1.When hes stunned
    2.Ganked (2 is enough)
    3.nixed

an anti stun skill is a must (if ur not a pot user)
    bloodclot or healing is a must, or just run away from the nix with holy path, which can be used as an alternative kiting skill to distance shrink.

question is, if u go with longetivity,is the initial skill worth it? seeing that there are other skills out there that can have a similar impact/effect on the target, such as extreme poison. is it usefull to get two debuff/amp skills on ur genie? or one or the other wld suffice? is undine strike better with extreme poison or eruption fist? so many questions that hopefully will be answered after all the bugs are fixed including the skills with their proper discriptions and durations. Ty b:chuckle
  • Coh - Lost City
    Coh - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well I'd get aquaflame armor, its dmg reduce is amazing.

It says 40% dmg reduce for 10 secs and afterwards u get 40% more.
    I've it at lvl 10 and i could tank a Blade Tempest crit of a 90 wiz even though i had undine + extreme poison on me, it only dmged me for 2k. And even when u get stunned and attacked by 2-3 people its useful because archers rlly do a hell of a less damage^^

after u've used it u should either kill ur opponent rapidly or escape till u can use it again/the 40%+ dmg taken is gone. That skill saved my **** alot of times^^
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    In addition to Frenzy/Poison I am leaning towards 2 defensive skills, or 1 defensive and 1 multi-purpose skill like the speed buff. You need 130 energy to cast poison/frenzy which is easily achieved without spending too many attr points (40 points in Vit I believe). More than 2 offensive type skills seems a waste to me as its pretty hard to have enough energy to cast 3 skills in a row.

First I'm going to do a bit of thinking on which genie is the best long-run. From what I've read it seems that the starting bonus attr can be raised higher before the 2 for 1 penalty on stat allocation kicks in when going above 40 points. I started with the Infliction genie (nascent for Str), as str is related to damage and I doubt I'll be using any genie skills for damage I'll probably switch to the Dex genie (longevity) as Dex appears to have the best modifier on the skills I'm interested in.
    I like pie
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    Leaderalan - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • crosscutsamurai
    crosscutsamurai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    has anyone tried sand shield yet? i was wondering why pwi has made this skill up...
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Still no one uses cloud eruption?

My genie skills will be thus once my genie dings 80:

Extreme Poison
    Frenzy
    Holy Path
    Cloud Eruption

Cloud eruption always gives 1 spark. Period. If you pump str, it gives 1.5 like mine does.

I can enter any battle with full chi if I just take 2 minutes out after a death. I self buff and fly out, and by then I'm ready to pop CE and go again.
  • Oz - Lost City
    Oz - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Still no one uses cloud eruption?

Might be that u dun need Cloud Eruption as heaven mage...
    But being a hell mage, i gotta say it is the best genie skill there ever is!
    1 spark for free every ~1min?

In TW, im not using ANY spark pots and i always have enuff to cast ultis (even 3-spark ulti ever so often),
    in pve, i used 5 pots in last 3-3HH the whole run, rest was spark only.

Nuff said to that skill. Get it. b:victory
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Might be that u dun need Cloud Eruption as heaven mage...
    But being a hell mage, i gotta say it is the best genie skill there ever is!
    1 spark for free every ~1min?

In TW, im not using ANY spark pots and i always have enuff to cast ultis (even 3-spark ulti ever so often),
    in pve, i used 5 pots in last 3-3HH the whole run, rest was spark only.

Nuff said to that skill. Get it. b:victory

Honestly, even Sages could benefit from CE, cause you can never have enough chi.

but yeah, for demons it's pretty much a formula for ****.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    necro necro necro.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    necro necro necro.

Oh snap, didn't even notice that lol
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cloud eruption is garbage for a heaven wizard, much better off using genie energy for amping/surviving.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    necro necro necro.

Not important honestly, this topic is so relevant daily that (imho) we should have something resembling a guide stickied here.

Also, this is (well, will be in a week) my genie:

Extreme Poison - +20% damage boost
    Frenzy - +20 attack level, the closest most mages will ever get to understanding the power of a warsoul weapon
    Holy Path - Run away ftw b:surrender
    Cauterize - Mages should have no reason to complain about flesh-ream bug
    Bramble Rage - **** HA toons in close proximity (catapult wb be dead >:3)
    Leaf Dance - permanent +2% crit buff

Affinities needed: 18
    Metal - 5
    Water - 1
    Earth - 6
    Wood - 6
    Fire - 0
  • Snow_Flake - Raging Tide
    Snow_Flake - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Should mage get the :

Lawbreaker

Energy 75
    Stamina 500
    Instant
    Cooldown 30 seconds

22% (level 1) chance to remove a silence effect from yourself.

Strength: Every 2 Genie Strength points increase the success rate by 1%.

It takes Metal 3, Earth 4.
    Just in case that psychics will have their Soul of Silence on for 10 minutes.
    Worth it or not? b:surrender

Edit : Skill duration is 10 minutes
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Not important honestly, this topic is so relevant daily that (imho) we should have something resembling a guide stickied here.

Also, this is (well, will be in a week) my genie:

Extreme Poison - +20% damage boost
    Frenzy - +20 attack level, the closest most mages will ever get to understanding the power of a warsoul weapon
    Holy Path - Run away ftw b:surrender
    Cauterize - Mages should have no reason to complain about flesh-ream bug
    Bramble Rage - **** HA toons in close proximity (catapult wb be dead >:3)
    Leaf Dance - permanent +2% crit buff

Affinities needed: 18
    Metal - 5
    Water - 1
    Earth - 6
    Wood - 6
    Fire - 0
    Lol you're so easy to kill..

And no, silence effects aren't worth removing with genie skills, as you can freely move and holy path around meaning you're not going to die anyway, especially to a psy.
  • Inabikari - Raging Tide
    Inabikari - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So bramble rage is worth getting?
    RIP Resolve. You guys still owe me TW pay. XD

Varden- <3 you all!
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    No bramble rage fails, you'd be much better increasing your own damage with extreme poison than waste all your genie energy on a crappy skill that only works on the ground and requires stupid affinities.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    When you post in a thread that has been inactive for more than a month it is considered necromancy, and

that is against the forum rules.

If you see an inactive subject that appeals to you, please create a new thread rather than "necroing"

an old one b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.