Run in Place, Game Lock, etc.

badn00zm00se
badn00zm00se Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
Since the genie update, I have had many instance of game lock, crash, freeze, run in place, stuck harvesting herbs or ore or any resources after 100% and the harvest bar stays on screen @ 100% and i can't move and the mobs kill me. I'm tired of losing exp by dying from this problem. Am i doing something wrong or is there a patch issue? Can you help me?
Post edited by badn00zm00se on

Comments

• trifleman
    trifleman Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    also having the exact same problem,also in fb was taking ages to get first skill off
  • KillerByte - Heavens Tear
    KillerByte - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am having same problems, I have 3 different pc's running both vista and xp, and several game accounts all computers suffer the same problem. The game will freeze while in shop mode, it will freeze while I am in play mode, and have had several instances if running on the spot in instances, with my only option being to quit and relog. All of these errors have only shown up since the genie patch release. If the errors arent fixed soon I will be forced to quit the game, cannot play like this.
  • Gorsin - Dreamweaver
    Gorsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    same thing happens to me now after the patch. cant seem to use my buffs or change into tiger form after this happens. only thing i can do is restart the game.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • coogrrr
    coogrrr Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My wifes account does this on 2 computers but my char never does on both of these 2 computers.

I am a veno level 53 and she is an arch level 54 i have the pink genie she has the gold one (no legs)

Please post your char class level genie type to see if it is related to a specific set of things.

See you online Coogrrr A.K.A Setrilla of Sanctuary
    It Can Wait!!!
    Dont text and drive please. Dont risk your life and the lives of others. Join the cause and take the pledge - See more at: http://www.itcanwait.com

RM1fNp64
  • alnlolnlylmlolulsl
    alnlolnlylmlolulsl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Every1 has been having these lag issues after the stupid genie update. I really wish these people who make the game would make sure that their updates won't cause any problems. I mean just don't release the stupid update if it will **** up the game. God... I wish there were smarter people running this game. Never had these problems in games like Guild Wars... where the devs are smarter.
  • badn00zm00se
    badn00zm00se Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    coogrrr wrote: »
    My wifes account does this on 2 computers but my char never does on both of these 2 computers.

I am a veno level 53 and she is an arch level 54 i have the pink genie she has the gold one (no legs)

Please post your char class level genie type to see if it is related to a specific set of things.

See you online Coogrrr A.K.A Setrilla of Sanctuary

thx coogrr,
    i have the pink genie ,
    my character barb level 25

the game lock freeze seems to happen alot with herb harvesting and fighting mobs. i don't know what else to say. I uninstalled game and reinstalled and updated and still no help. is there a thread from support somewhere to help us get our game re-tooled?
  • Grendolf - Sanctuary
    Grendolf - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    as I have seen a reply or two lets work this up

Wifes char is an Archer with gold genie
    Barb replied with pink genie

These 2 chars only share things like chars necklace rings cape helmet not armor nor weapon not clothes (male vs female)

So if anyone else posts please race, class, gender, genie, and some of these items might help us track down these bugs. Also let me note she has glowing items on too.

Thanks for the updates guys and I will check back for more information soon!

~Coogrrr
    Sanctuary Server
    55 Veno
    27 Archer
    0 Life :)
  • mrmcnasty1
    mrmcnasty1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    having same problems

BM

pink
  • valariaa
    valariaa Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Same problem, running back and forth in place with mouse click, running in place with w. Also same thing with herb and mining.

Female blademaster, white genie level 19

Is everone having this problem running vista?
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Every1 has been having these lag issues after the stupid genie update. I really wish these people who make the game would make sure that their updates won't cause any problems. I mean just don't release the stupid update if it will **** up the game. God... I wish there were smarter people running this game. Never had these problems in games like Guild Wars... where the devs are smarter.

LOL the devs in GW arent smart... look who they had doing the skills. And just to remind everyone, this is a chinese game, all the updates and expansions have to come from china and be reformatted and translated into english... If there are problems they are more than likely completely unexpected and unintended, but our devs have no control over exactly what they are receiving from the chinese company. They didn't make the expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • kyrieelise
    kyrieelise Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I too play on Windows Vista and have the same problem

I run in place, no destination cursor appears when i am running in place i.e. trying to stand still, first shot takees too long to get off, screen becomes fuzzy at the bottom and shakes

level 25 winged elf archer with white genie

SummerLea
    HP computer running Windows Vista on the integrated video and chipset
    (no add-on card)
This discussion has been closed.