Lyndura, Warmachine or any other pro BM..Please look!

tinydix
tinydix Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
Hi! I'll try to keep it short and simple.

I'm a Lvl. 72 Axe BM - 212 STR, 100 DEX, 55 VIT, 5 MAG (no equip bonus)
I'm a PvP h0 and I only AoE grind to level. I don't cash shop (apart from spending to refine my XS) and already collected the 77-79 molds. I don't see myself wearing a LY or TC cape anytime soon either unless I get lucky in FB :|

So now that the intro is done..a few questions if you may :)

#1.
what do you guys think would be the best PK/TW build for someone that's on a limited budget...should I cap or increase DEX? or increase VIT? If so by how much? Just need a solid build until I hit 89.

#2.
Should I equip the mold gear with HP shards or Mdef shard and refine them to +3?

#3.
Genies!!! I'm so clueless?!?! What's the best type of genie for a PK BM? Is VIT the way to go? Which skills? What's the fastest way to lvl a genie? Because as a BM I'm always stuck for SP :(

Only experienced, level 80+ BMs should reply to this to keep it informative and free of spam :)

Thanks again for any replies. b:thanks
Post edited by tinydix on

Comments

• Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I might not be Lyndura or warmachine or any uberpvppkz0rd god but I can try to help? :o
    tinydix wrote: »
    #1.
    what do you guys think would be the best PK/TW build for someone that's on a limited budget...should I cap or increase DEX? or increase VIT? If so by how much? Just need a solid build until I hit 89.

I always used enough str for the weapons the spare points i used them on whatever I needed and in my case was Dexterity due the lack of Accuracy.

My stats as a lvl 89 are the following: 106 vit 272 str 75 dex and 5 mag (4260 hp without gear)
    At level 90 I will be having the next stas: 108 vit 272 str 80 dex 5 mag

(Thats without any gear btw)

I've got 106 vit since lvl 70 so I never had issues with my HP but my Accuracy, I'm not saying that im an ubergod in PvP but I do decent and I survive when several players are attacking me (unless they debuff me and amplify me haha).

Tip: Never cap your vit because you're going to need HP after 90
    #2.
    Should I equip the mold gear with HP shards or Mdef shard and refine them to +3?

HP shards, not all your enemies are Magic users and in PvE you won't need magic shards since blademasters don't grind with magic mobs and since they get too close to the enemy they still receive physical. ^^ If you want magic def get m.def necky, belt and if you can get the tauren chieftan cape also.
    #3.
    Genies!!! I'm so clueless?!?! What's the best type of genie for a PK BM? Is VIT the way to go? Which skills? What's the fastest way to lvl a genie? Because as a BM I'm always stuck for SP :(
    I can't really help you with this one because pretty much depends on your preferances, there are many skills that can help alot in PK but average genie is limited to 3 skills (every 40 Genie Magic points will increase 1 skill slot). As for genie leveling if you truly AoE alot im sure you won't have any problem leveling a Genie by using spirit.

I hope this can help.

-D

b:bye
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • tinydix
    edited May 2009
    Hmmm...I guess I'll cap my DEX at 100 and start upping VIT then? Hope I come across some decent 10% accuracy rings or LY soon ^^

Good point about the shards - it's just that I've read high level BMs imbue Mdef shards into their gear later..this probably happens level 90+?
    HP shards it is then since I can't afford to refine all my gear to +5.

Thanks Danteii!!

Any other responses/opinions and more info on beneficial genie spells/builds for PK BMs, would be welcome :)
  • ashez
    ashez Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm having similar issues with the genie. b:sad
    "Nova_: Their HIGHEST member admitted we roll them, we are more coordinated, we are more organised."

oreally? b:pleased

Le Crimson
  • Gau - Dreamweaver
    Gau - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Cant really help on any but the Genie...If you use your genie to buff...only increase Dex.If you use it to attack..only increase Str....If you get 40 magic you get a extra skill slot but it will give you 4 weak skills,or you can get 3 strong skills
  • tinydix
    edited May 2009
    Bump... b:sad
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    For an axe BM you have to much dex. Cap it off at 75 and you'll have 700 accuracy. With a Mysty forest ring and accuracy shards on weapon you can get it to 1.2k which is just about enough to give you a decent hit rate.

when you fight archers use an accuracy pot.

@ level 90 you should have 280 strength for your GX and massive HP, as you'll be focus fired in pvp due to your AoE skills.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...