Barbarian tiger form bug

pooritan
pooritan Posts: 13 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Support Desk
since the last patch i have issuses with the tiger form in instances.

-sometimes when fighting my char doesn't stop the running animation. it runs and runs but doesn't move.

-when jumping the char keeps rolling like a freak.

-form changing happens with a long delay of about 30 seconds. when changing i can't use buff skills.

-attacking gets a real problem with lag or no possible skill use.

-when i drop items they don't land on the ground under me, they land meters away.

-this bug is persistant and only relog or using a teleporter like the one in tt 1-x at dimentora/shooting aur helps to get rid of the situation
what really sucks, cause it costs time to relog, you loose all your chi and buffs

it looks to me that something with the chars "location" is wrong.
this happened to me in tt, frostland and fb79 so far
no problems in tw instance

i asked in my faction if anyone else has those problems and yes it looks like many have it. but i havn't seen anything here in the forum about it.
i reinstalled my client so its not a failed patch update or messed client.

my question is has every barb this bug? i mean they have changed the barbs alot since the last patch. something must be went wrong
Post edited by pooritan on

Comments

• Iliketoheal - Harshlands
    Iliketoheal - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Its normal that in tiger form they spin loads of times like a freak i would prefer they dident but i dont control the game also the lags while fighting happens to me as well and ive asked alot of other people and they have it to so i dont no why that is but apart from those to i have no idea....
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    you may just have a shtty internet connection, what that sounds like is called -position- lag. where you see yourself in one place but youve lagged and traveled so far, youre still in another place a few meters away. this is what causes server errors in archo.

try switching your resolution, and then switching it back to prefered settings, see what happens
  • pooritan
    edited May 2009
    read my post again

since the last patch
    no internet connection changes
    no "normal" lag=>standing for minutes on a location changes nothing
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    nooo its not just him. I've gotten it several times a day since patch. u can like walk in the air, like ur going on a staircase . u can be stuck in middle of air. i once tryed it kept saying "unable to logout" when i tryed to log out while it did it >_>.
    also can keep changing with going forward and backward. while standing at same spot, VERY VERY fast.
    and yes i veryfied files.
    Also i tryed this thing happen 3 times before this patch. it could happen before. but after this patch it went nutz.

should record it.. it looks kinda funny. ( but it aint fun -.- )
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I know on Sanctuary a barb friend of mine cannot stop running, and going nowhere.....Also, a lot of us have been experiencing not being able to use skills, or there being a serious 30 second delay from pressing our skills/macros and seeing it initiate. The latter half goes for all classes.

Also, I know that my barb friend has had recent issues with not being able to move while in natural form. I can only imagine the frustration not being able to move to tank in TT, and watching your squad members getting mauled to death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's not just him and he's not a barb noob. I've had alot of problems similar to this. I'll make a movie next time if I can. It cost me part of a gold charm 'cause I got stuck and couldn't move from the mobs attacking me.

Usually I only have problems in TT and in fb69.

I also heard of a barb on Dreamweaver that had some glitches that caused him to die 10-ish times during an fb69.

Usually I can just relog and it fixes the problem. Once someone dueled me and after it ended it was fixed. Now I try dueling and relogging, but the last time I got an error when I tried to log out. I was in pk mode so I tried to get someone to pk me as it was wasting my charm. There wasn't much left on the charm so I died and went to town before anyone came.
  • ChickenWeed - Sanctuary
    ChickenWeed - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have the same problem, and I thought it was only the demon barbs b:shocked
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I had this a couple of times too (don't even need sage or demon b:chuckle)

Getting stuck and cant stop running (while going nowhere). Got this at a city NPC the other day and I couldn't even access the NPC options. Summoning /Un-summoning aerocraft repeatedly got me out of this glitch.

Also theres now a slight delay between the graphics and the game recognizing form changing. I can change from tiger to humanoid, and the visuals change, but the game still thinks I'm in tiger and wont let me cast buffs for a few seconds.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • BigPunisher - Sanctuary
    BigPunisher - Sanctuary Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have the same problem. I cannot do TT or Fb affectively cuz it takes about 20 seconds before i can take aggro.

I world chat and asked if anyone other barbs have this problem and I got about 20 replies regarding this problem.

Hope they fix this problem soon because it is getting very hard to play. b:angry
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This is part of that new balancing we just got guys. We can close in the gap now on ranged people but they gotta fend for themselves till we catch up.b:chuckle

Serious though:
    I've noticed on ALL characters an increase in lag particular in landing (from fall or jump) where it would be lag but in a low lag area and normally it comes in at least pairs of jumps. My partner in crime is also indicating she starts to get sick now playing. We both have Motion/VR sickness but she is worse off. Maybe related cause lag = jumpy screens = b:spit

And yes it hs been worse since patch with the fact it occurs in new locations, etc. I think the genies are a tad overtaxing on the systems processing.
    edited May 2009
    For those or all barbarians who have this problem, have you submit a ticket and received response yet?
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Suffering from same bug too. Posted ticket about it today, no answer yet of course.
    Verified client but it didnt help at all.

This bug started appearing after latest patch.

Its like the run-animation stucks on.
    Also if you try to harvest a mine while its on, you will get mats and the counter will go to 100% but will be stuck there. Hitting esc or getting hit by a monster,nothing helps but forced logout if you're in combat.

Relog fixes it every time though or teleporting.

You can even hear the running sounds while tanking a boss between your skill hits as your char tries to run and tank at same spot :D

This running on spot causes some skill lag also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Popsouteggs - Heavens Tear
    Popsouteggs - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Its a memory leak in the client from last patch..and theres nothing you can do to fix it on your end unless you block off elementclient.exe from the rest of ur virtual memory by sandboxing or vmware

just wait pw dev's will probably be releasing a fix within the next few days as they are aware of the issue
  • pooritan
    edited May 2009
    don't know if its true but i have the feeling it is because of the way the client tries to handle lag/synchronize the chars position on client and server.
    and somehow it ends up the client and server have 2 different x,y coordinates for the position and tries to force the char to go in the correct one but it fails

*makes x-file sounds*

so far to conspiracy theories *cough*

but doing instances this way is too anoying
    i will play more my alts until this is fixed
  • NaturesSoul - Sanctuary
    NaturesSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ever sense that new patch i either cant use a skill or attack or my character freezes and everything else is still movin i sat for 2 hours w8ing for it to stop freezing and i had to shut restart my pc this has goten me killed over 20 times because i freeze right in the middle of a bunch of mobs and also after i say about 5-10 sentences in any kind of chat i have to restart my pc it is rlly pissen me off like when i was saying by to all the peeps that helped me wit my FB19 the game freezes just as all the monsters started reapearing and i restarted my pc loged in [took 10 minutes] i was dead does any body no wat i can do to stop this
    DO NOT FEED - DaNGER DO NOT TRY TO PET WILL BITEb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    faction:Charisma
    ALTs: lvl 32 veno,lvl 21 archer,lvl 13 cleric,
    lvl 12 BM,lvl 7 wiz,lvl 20 sin,lvl 18 psychic
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    ever sense that new patch i either cant use a skill or attack or my character freezes and everything else is still movin i sat for 2 hours w8ing for it to stop freezing and i had to shut restart my pc this has goten me killed over 20 times because i freeze right in the middle of a bunch of mobs and also after i say about 5-10 sentences in any kind of chat i have to restart my pc it is rlly pissen me off like when i was saying by to all the peeps that helped me wit my FB19 the game freezes just as all the monsters started reapearing and i restarted my pc loged in [took 10 minutes] i was dead does any body no wat i can do to stop this

This is a new bug with the barbarians. There is nothing you can do to fix it. Wait until the new game update on Tuesday. It should be gone then. Otherwise all of the barbs from every server will attack PWE headquarters in California.....
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2009

When you get mobbed and cant fight back, force quit the game, ie check the force-box on the quit window. This takes you out and maybe saves your life. It doesnt take you out instantly every time but should help a bit.

Though it aint that bad for me,i can still play until my char freezes on harvesting a mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wow here I thought it was just me...
    I figured odd internet usage or something...
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Skill Buttons/Macro Combos are consistently freezing now. As cleric, its costing people's lives b:shocked

Jes' figured I would update the dev's b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Finger - Heavens Tear
    Finger - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hm! I haven't noticed any issues with tiger form or skills, and I spent the whole weekend grinding and doing TT. I've noticed more than average lag in places like W Arch, but I attibute that to all the little genies flitting about.
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Here are some examples of the bug. I usually get it in TT/fb's and only while in tiger form....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BehDwjtAoQA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWYjjJ9ARYM

Too bad they didn't fix it last patch...
    edited May 2009
    Great job, Wolfgang. Those are the same problems that I have! I haven't check after the patch but if it is still there, it will be freaking annoying.

Gosh, they just don't care, huh? b:angry
  • RaulinMars - Dreamweaver
    RaulinMars - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi I keep seeing on the news letter that you can get a mount at lvl 20 but I went to a pet trainer I still be lvl 40, and you still got to pay somes of money. also I am a blademaster how do you get the flying sword. do you know how to do that.
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Hi I keep seeing on the news letter that you can get a mount at lvl 20 but I went to a pet trainer I still be lvl 40, and you still got to pay somes of money. also I am a blademaster how do you get the flying sword. do you know how to do that.

Read the beginners' guide and the quest guides and please keep your posts on topic or start a new post.

Take your pick of beginners guides from here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

The Art Of Thunderbird (Human Race only)
    1. Speak to the Elder of Archosaur (570, 648) Archosaur, East

2. Speak to Mo The Recluse (479, 948) West of the Timberfield
    -Collect 5 Complete Sacks (Drops from undead mobs)

3. Report to Mo The Recluse (479, 948) West of the Timberfield
    -Receive 1 Celestial Fly Sword
    Human Flying Equipment
    from http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87681

If you buy a spurred mount you can use it if you have an open pet slot. If you have any questions, please start a new thread or search the forum. Asking them on this thread is not appropriate.
    edited May 2009
    You ask on the wrong thread. Make a new thread and I'll answer your question.
  • Kadaz - Harshlands
    Kadaz - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    u have to be at least lvl 30 to get a flying sword. but if ur a lvl 20 wanting a lvl 20 flying sword u need to buy it from cashshop or another player.
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well today in Rebirth-Gamma... I encountered it again. But it took a lot longer to happen. So, it's somewhat better. Yesterday before the patch I did an FB69 and it happened in there as well. The worst part is being so lagged that you cannot buff. But when you attack that's when your skills can be used again.b:sad

Anyway I'll state that the bug has lessened for me but isn't completely gone.
  • ChickenWeed - Sanctuary
    ChickenWeed - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    since the genie patch i have issues with the tiger form in instances.

-sometimes when fighting my char doesn't stop the running animation. it runs and runs but doesn't move.

-when jumping the char keeps rolling like a freak.

-form changing happens with a long delay of about 30 seconds. when changing i can't use buff skills.

-attacking gets a real problem with lag or no possible skill use.

-when i drop items they don't land on the ground under me, they land meters away.

-this bug is persistant and only relog or using a teleporter like the one in tt 1-x at dimentora/shooting aur helps to get rid of the situation
    what really sucks, cause it costs time to relog, you loose all your chi and buffs

it looks to me that something with the chars "location" is wrong.
    this happened to me in tt, frostland, fbs

I reinstalled my client so its not a failed patch update or messed client.
    A lot of barbs are having this problem. something must have went wrong since the genie patch.

Source can be found here
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=285891
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i got the same.. when it happens on a boss and u cant cast flesh sometimes.. its rly bad luck b:surrender
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Oloth - Heavens Tear
    Oloth - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Happens on my barb as well. Something needs to be done. I wont even take my barb in instances anymore. It even happened twice today while I was tanking the bosses in the swamps for the chrono quests.
This discussion has been closed.