Wonder Build?

Options
Mefinix - Sanctuary
Mefinix - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
In the beginning i was wondering how cool it would be to restat to a heavy build but it seems so complicated on what items u need to get and everthing else in that aspect. But i was thinking the other day of this build for an LA veno.

STR = 1
DEX = 1
VIT = 1
MAG = 2

Now I think for an LA you need a min. of 1 str and dex per level but i just lowered mag a little to put in some vit. I know its a little amount but i think it would add up. Anybody have any suggestions for me except for the reg. build 3mag 1str 1dex.
Post edited by Mefinix - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I believe you need 3 mag per level to use a magic weapon of your level. I haven't personally done the math... but I think that's the reason LA build mag users are not to put points in vit. Just get it from gear... plus venos don't get a great amount of HP from vit... use +HP gear if you can get it, though molds/TT often comes with +vit

I personally don't use LA though, I statted 50 vit and concentrate on pdef adds and stones in armor, HP stones in hat/ornaments only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    In the beginning i was wondering how cool it would be to restat to a heavy build but it seems so complicated on what items u need to get and everthing else in that aspect. But i was thinking the other day of this build for an LA veno.

STR = 1
    DEX = 1
    VIT = 1
    MAG = 2

Now I think for an LA you need a min. of 1 str and dex per level but i just lowered mag a little to put in some vit. I know its a little amount but i think it would add up. Anybody have any suggestions for me except for the reg. build 3mag 1str 1dex.

I think you may end up short in the magic department to use a good magic weapon....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Hataa - Heavens Tear
    Hataa - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Restatting 50VIT off my veno into magic only lost me 700HP... But got me roughly 1.2k more MP (I didn't really watch it close)

As a light armor cleric; I know for a fact you need 3MAG per level to stay up with your magic weapon period, get your VIT and HP from armor bonuses and shards, it's a bit more effective. I'm sitting on roughly 25vit off armor and nothing so much as challenges me, you'll be much better off since you have your pet to tank.

LA build that works best imo: 1STR/DEX 3MAG per level. I see no reason why this would change for a veno over a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mefinix - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ahh ok ill just put the vit point in mag, but also wondering is this a viable pvp veno? Cuz i really wanna be good in pvp/pk/TW without the confusing heavy build.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Restatting 50VIT off my veno into magic only lost me 700HP... But got me roughly 1.2k more MP (I didn't really watch it close)

I find I didn't need the MP as much as I needed the HP for my play style, and with an MP regen skill I can afford it :p

I definitely know the value of MP to a cleric though ; )

@ Mefinix

You need good gear. A robe veno can afford to spend $$ on fash, etc, as they die in PvP anyway (SQUISH 1HKO) whereas light/heavy are PvP builds and by definition need good gear. Invest in molders that will last you several armor sets, you're shooting for the L70 LA set as far as I know.

LA is probably the most popular veno PvP build because it's very easy to build from what I can see (1dex/str, 3mag per level is ALL you need to do according to guides, etc.), and is good in mid levels.

I hear heavy is absolute wtfpwn at endgame (90-95 and +) but I obviously wouldn't know. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mefinix - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    hmmm i know i heard that about heavy at later lvls also, but its all so confusing =[ or is it just me? idk but alright cool thx for the info. Who knows i might change my mind.
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The popular opinion is to go LA in the 70s and then wear it till 90. Then at 90 go Heavy. I think I am going to try something different, and stick with LA. This opinion could easily change, but my reasoning is it takes 546 stat points to equip TT90 Heavy armor, and TT90 Magic sword. It only takes 458 to equip TT90 LA and TT90 Magic sword.

So If I had the same +stat gear as a Heavy armor Veno I could put an extra 88 points into a combination of Vit and Mag. If I went all Vit that would be 1056 HP higher than HA without counting in the higher refine HP from heavy armor. Though say you get the 4 main pieces of TT 90 gear all +5 you should be 820 HP higher than a Heavy armor veno if my math is correct.
  • Mefinix - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    oh wow, that makes things seem a lot more interesting. Gosh its so hard to choose. If what u say is true, then going LA seems like the way for me. Much more simple.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wearing the best light armor for your level requires you add 1 str and 1 dex every level.
    Wielding the best magic weapon for your level requires mag equal to 3x your level.

So an up-to-date light armor build only has 2 extra points for vit. If you put more than 2 points into vit, you've screwed up your LA build and need to get +stat equipment or a reset scroll to fix it.

Personally, I would make vit your lowest priority. It is easy to add hp - just add citrine shards to your armor. The blemished (4.8k, +15 hp) and common shards (14.4k, +20 hp) are cheap enough that you can do it without regretting it when you upgrade armor. Even if your armor has no sockets, you can add them with socket stones. It is impossible to add str, dex, or mag - the equipment has to drop or be crafted with those bonuses.
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    On my veno, I find that the extra magic damage from a higher magic stat ends up being far more useful than the health you get from that bit of vit. As a veno, you shouldn't be getting hit. That is what your pet is for. Both light armor and arcane armor builds suffer from only surviving a few hits before death, or 1-2 hits before your charm ticks), at almost any level, even with hp shards and +vit gear (7 base right now, 23 after gear, 2.5k hp at level 64). In comparison, having extra magic damage means better pet heals, and being able able to kill things faster, which means faster grinding, and less chance of being hit, meanwhile having a larger mana pool to work with.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The popular opinion is to go LA in the 70s and then wear it till 90. Then at 90 go Heavy. I think I am going to try something different, and stick with LA. This opinion could easily change, but my reasoning is it takes 546 stat points to equip TT90 Heavy armor, and TT90 Magic sword. It only takes 458 to equip TT90 LA and TT90 Magic sword.

So If I had the same +stat gear as a Heavy armor Veno I could put an extra 88 points into a combination of Vit and Mag. If I went all Vit that would be 1056 HP higher than HA without counting in the higher refine HP from heavy armor. Though say you get the 4 main pieces of TT 90 gear all +5 you should be 820 HP higher than a Heavy armor veno if my math is correct.

If I can ask, is there a reason you were thinking of dumping into vit as opposed to mag?

@above: since one of my big interests is FB/HH soloing, I found when I hit bosses with AOEs, the vit helped much more than the mag did and I restatted the 50 base vit, so I get hit from that, also when grinding if I miss a monster with my herc it's nice to have a little cushion. Admittedly it's not much, but it's a little.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ahh ok ill just put the vit point in mag, but also wondering is this a viable pvp veno? Cuz i really wanna be good in pvp/pk/TW without the confusing heavy build.

Don't put points in vit. Just + your gear(hp bonuses) and put citrine shards.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It helps in lower levels when + gear is completely stupid. :p At 90, possibly 80 I'll probably restat the vit out into mag... if I make it that far. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]