Genies 8 skills?

Notbad - Heavens Tear
Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I'm jsut wonder how can you gget 8 skill bars when you start off with 3 and the max points you can get is like 200 (with queen genie) and that will only make you have 6 where do you get the other 2 slots from o.O
b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
b:sleep
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
Post edited by Notbad - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xhinzo - Harshlands
    Xhinzo - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Even with 8 skills you still need enough energy to use more than one skill. I believe 4 to 5 skills is decent enough. For now 4 is enough for me if I get rid of the starter skill and add 40 mag. From there I would more focus on vit/dex to either increase my energy pool or the usefullness of my skills.

I ignore str because the damage aspect of most of these skills is absolute rubbish!
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i'm just asking though how do you get that many =.=
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Mushkin - Sanctuary
    Mushkin - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    At start You can have 3 skills. If You have 200 points in magic You can have additional 5 skills. 3+5=8 skills
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    At start You can have 3 skills. If You have 200 points in magic You can have additional 5 skills. 3+5=8 skills

No, the first 40 you get will give you one skill. Once you get above 40 points you will need to use 2 points to get to the next attribute point E.I 40 to 41. so that would be 160/2 which would give 80 (80= 1 skill slot open after 40 points are in). so 3+3=6
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Have no idea how you made that math,but anyway you have 4 skills at 40 mag.Never tested but isn't 5 skills max anyway?Just asking since i won't paln to have more than 5 anyway.
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    XD well the math i can explain. But the limit is really 8 skill. OK it goes like this you start off with 3 slots. To get 4 slots you need mag to 40 to get 5 slots you need mag too 80. But after 40 points in mag you will need 2 points to raise it up to 41. so that 80 points to get it to 80. With 200 points it is impossible to reach 8 skills. 200-40 (40=1 skill) =160/80=2 skill so thats 3 skills totally you can make out of them so 3+3=6. So only 6 skills you can make out of the 200 and thats the rare one to xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    So you need 120 points then to reach 5 skills,minus 15 that you start with it's 105 points which means lvl 105 if you don't count the lucky points.Max are 100 which if the the points to raise mag remain still 2 you can get maybe another skill only.First question:The above is wrong?If not the max skills you can have aren't 8 since it's impossible.
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    So you need 120 points then to reach 5 skills,minus 15 that you start with it's 105 points which means lvl 105 if you don't count the lucky points.Max are 100 which if the the points to raise mag remain still 2 you can get maybe another skill only.First question:The above is wrong?If not the max skills you can have aren't 8 since it's impossible.

you gonna need 185 points to add 3 more slots xD. So you can't really get another slot :S. Well the max is 8 let me bring proof
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luftx - Sanctuary
    Luftx - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It is actually possible to have 8 skill slots. BUT only if you picked the genie which has a "nascent savvy of Magic." They start with 15 MAG.

40 MAG = 4 Skill Slots (40-15 = 25 Points Used)
    80 MAG = 5 Skill Slots (40 Points Used)
    120 MAG = 6 Skill Slots (40 Points Used)
    160 MAG = 7 Skill Slots (40 Points Used)
    200 MAG = 8 Skill Slots (40 Points Used)

Total points used = 25+(40x4) = 185 points. Now, you might be thinking that I did my math wrongly because supposedly, after 40 points of a certain status, 2 points are needed to increase 1 point of the status. However, I have found out that different genies have different points requirements for to increase certain status over 40.

For example, my genie, Discipline, has a "nascent savvy of Vitality." I found out earlier that it only costed me 1 point to go above 40 VIT status. It still took 2 points for MAG and DEX to go above 40. I'm assuming this is the same case for other genies. So, pick your genie type wisely.
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    I have Zeal which is mag so she should continue with 1 even after 40.Possible but rare as hell.
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No, the first 40 you get will give you one skill. Once you get above 40 points you will need to use 2 points to get to the next attribute point E.I 40 to 41. so that would be 160/2 which would give 80 (80= 1 skill slot open after 40 points are in). so 3+3=6

just start off with the magic genie, which already has more mag points
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I ignore str because the damage aspect of most of these skills is absolute rubbish!

I wouldn't quite say that. Even at level 1, the skill Thunderstorm nuked an Orchid Petali for almost 3k damage. Since my own spells barely do that much to wood mobs, I'm calling that a win.
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I found out earlier that it only costed me 1 point to go above 40 VIT status. It still took 2 points for MAG and DEX to go above 40. I'm assuming this is the same case for other genies. So, pick your genie type wisely.

Actually, it will take 2 points after you raise that attribute to either 55, that is, after you've put 40 points of the attribute into it.

So that leaves, with a magic genie:
    To get to __ magic, it takes __ points from the last marked number:
    40: 25 points
    -- 55: 15 more points
    80: 50 more points
    120: 80 more points
    135: 30 more points

25 + 15 + 50 + 80 + 30 = 200. So it is theoretically possible to get to 130 magic, which is 3 extra skills, for 6 skills total.

Although getting a perfect genie is a statistically infeasible task, no matter how the lucky points are generated, supposing they are random in some manner.

Silly argument, but 6 is the correct answer.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Keep in mind this genie system is designed for a game where the level cap is not 105 (for player or genie). So yes, in our current level cap you cant get enough mag to get 8 skills.

With a mag genie (starts at 15mag with 3 skill slots):
    15-40 = 25pts = add 1 skill slot
    40-55 = 15pts
    55-80 = 50pts = add 1 skill slot
    80-120 = 80pts = add 1 skill slot
    120-160 = 80pts = add 1 skill slot
    160-200 = 80pts = add 1 skill slot

80+80+80+50+15+25 = 330 points.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • duckspell
    duckspell Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I wouldn't quite say that. Even at level 1, the skill Thunderstorm nuked an Orchid Petali for almost 3k damage. Since my own spells barely do that much to wood mobs, I'm calling that a win.

Yea, let these fools who wont do attack genies suffer. Most of the genie buffs are a joke anyway, lasting a few seconds TOPS or costing too much to really be used in anything other than an extreme emergencey. Im going for an epic attack genie, because good specc'ed genies will be worth millions in the comming months.
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Keep in mind this genie system is designed for a game where the level cap is not 105 (for player or genie). So yes, in our current level cap you cant get enough mag to get 8 skills.

With a mag genie (starts at 15mag with 3 skill slots):
    15-40 = 25pts = add 1 skill slot
    40-55 = 15pts
    55-80 = 50pts = add 1 skill slot
    80-120 = 80pts = add 1 skill slot
    120-160 = 80pts = add 1 skill slot
    160-200 = 80pts = add 1 skill slot

80+80+80+50+15+25 = 330 points.

but you can't get 330 points =.= only 200 (about or 205) and that only if its rare! Oh lol i just saw that xD but even on the chinese p2p their genie lvl cap is 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]