Auction Search

Options
Nerozeras - Sanctuary
Nerozeras - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Suggestion Box
I think instead of manually having to look through filters for items i think you should just be able to type in the name or part of the name and items that are available in auction appear right there like if i typed in "cotton" anything that had cotton in the name would appear such as cotton thread for example!

supporters say you support and people that dont like the idea give feedback to why not

Supporters~
1. RamArch
2. Mr_jingle
3. Icejazmin
4. Muah
5. empty
6. empty
7. empty
8. empty
Post edited by Nerozeras - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RamArch - Lost City
    RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i like it, sounds cool,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Buffer - Dreamweaver
    Buffer - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When you open the filters, there's a search bar there, though I'm not quite sure how to get it to work. Maybe it's something that hasn't been implemented yet?
  • Nerozeras - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When you open the filters, there's a search bar there, though I'm not quite sure how to get it to work. Maybe it's something that hasn't been implemented yet?

lol it doesn't work D: i've tried and tried it's been there since i've started playing i think they need a little motivation to get it working
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

you use it to search for specific items on the auction house using
    the items bidding number

say a friend has an item up that you wanna bid on but you don't wanna search the AH for it

ask him/her for the auction number
    you type it in
    and voila!
  • Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    Mr_jingle - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think instead of manually having to look through filters for items i think you should just be able to type in the name or part of the name and items that are available in auction appear right there like if i typed in "cotton" anything that had cotton in the name would appear such as cotton thread for example!

supporters say you support and people that dont like the idea give feedback to why not

I couldn't agree more with you. It's annoying having to search through 100s of the legendary or TT gear.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I couldn't agree more with you. It's annoying having to search through 100s of the legendary or TT gear.

Yes please, It would be nice to be able to filter things a little better. Last night I was looking for Feng Iron Bars and I had to go through 3 screens before the first one showed up.... than 4 more, than 2 more.... it was really annoying.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Nerozeras - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    you use it to search for specific items on the auction house using
    the items bidding number

say a friend has an item up that you wanna bid on but you don't wanna search the AH for it

ask him/her for the auction number
    you type it in
    and voila!

yes but thats way too specific
  • Muah - Heavens Tear
    Muah - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I want this to work as well. some items people sell I can't even find, I have no idea what categories its under!! So some items don't even get sold because of this...b:surrender
    ~Mrs. Curry~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Since 7/4/09
  • Nerozeras - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I want this to work as well. some items people sell I can't even find, I have no idea what categories its under!! So some items don't even get sold because of this...b:surrender
    ya kinda like legendary items and etc.. i mean i know where molds are but the items themselves.. not really
  • Nerozeras - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options

i know right? well i know where TT gear is perfectly... but there are so many items i wanted to find that i speant hours looking for and couldnt find on auction even though i KNOW that they can be sold on auction
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There must be a reason there is no such feature. I don't know what it is, but I can't believe they need someone to suggest such an obvious thing, to do it.

The ability to search for particular items would make it much harder to earn by trading in general. You would immediately see all the overpriced items. It seems good for buyers, but it's bad for sellers and probably for the economy in general. I can bet, it's a well thought out decision not to implement it.
  • Nerozeras - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There must be a reason there is no such feature. I don't know what it is, but I can't believe they need someone to suggest such an obvious thing, to do it.

The ability to search for particular items would make it much harder to earn by trading in general. You would immediately see all the overpriced items. It seems good for buyers, but it's bad for sellers and probably for the economy in general. I can bet, it's a well thought out decision not to implement it.

um... once you get into the filter you click on the buy part and you already immediately see the prices so that can't be the reason besides searching for items has no part on the economy actually itll help them sell easier other than lower prices and etc. look I've played many games that had auction and the search engine type thing its not the searching that lowers the prices it's addons that allow you to see auction prices people always selling for less than what they are worth so it sells faster etc that makes prices go down as well as high in stock
  • Nerozeras - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Don't let this thread die i will try my hardest to make this possible!
  • Nerozeras - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This Bump is for all of man kind!
  • FuRiouS_One - Sanctuary
    FuRiouS_One - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Supporters~
    1. RamArch
    2. Mr_jingle
    3. Icejazmin
    4. Muah
    5. empty
    6. empty
    7. empty
    8. empty

Or just ad more search filters like search by lvl, rarity, and such. Also there needs to be ad ins, many many items that are trabable but not able to be sold on the auction.

Honestly a total revamp of the auction house is in order with better and easy to use search tools.
  • Nerozeras - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Don't let this thread die i will try my hardest to make this possible!
    Or just ad more search filters like search by lvl, rarity, and such. Also there needs to be ad ins, many many items that are trabable but not able to be sold on the auction.

Honestly a total revamp of the auction house is in order with better and easy to use search tools.

yuck last thing we need is more filters D:
  • Nerozeras - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    argh bump of doom
  • Nerozeras - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    im gonna keep bumping till they put this into game XD
  • Harukie - Lost City
    Harukie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    And maby a thing so we can search for items with a specific effect? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nerozeras - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    friggin glitched this post
  • Nerozeras - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    And maby a thing so we can search for items with a specific effect? b:surrender

now that would be handy :)
  • digitalmice1
    digitalmice1 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the ah definitly needs to be able to search by item name the filters are way too intricate. All they need to do is seach for armor and type in the level ranges for the armor your looking for. It would show you all the armor selling in that catagory. You should also be able to do a search with useable items. It annoying when your looking and nobody is selling that item.