Which class?

Options
darksacred
darksacred Posts: 18
edited May 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey guys, been away for a while as I've been finishing my degree. With it finally over I'm wanting to get back into PWI.

I usually play caster classes so was considering going with mage, how well do they fair in PvP, I understand that there not going to be able to stand there and take loads of damage but I don't want to just be a pin cushion waiting to be killed in 1 hit!
At the same time I love to be at the heart of the action and involved in PvP as often as possible b:angry no point leveling all day if I'm not going to be able to actually kill someone because I'm spending all my time on the floor//channeling spells.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    darksacred wrote: »
    Hey guys, been away for a while as I've been finishing my degree. With it finally over I'm wanting to get back into PWI.

I usually play caster classes so was considering going with mage, how well do they fair in PvP, I understand that there not going to be able to stand there and take loads of damage but I don't want to just be a pin cushion waiting to be killed in 1 hit!
    At the same time I love to be at the heart of the action and involved in PvP as often as possible b:angry no point leveling all day if I'm not going to be able to actually kill someone because I'm spending all my time on the floor//channeling spells.

Blademaster 4 U
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Asparagus - Harshlands
    Asparagus - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What he said.

Considering you said you usually play caster classes, and you dont want to die extremely fast, archer might be a choice. Sure, not a caster, buut you got range and damage. Though then you are not in the heart of the action.

Cheers
    Asparagus
    I wanna give you some good frequencies. 1710, 2.6, 2245, 3032, 400.
  • darksacred
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I play with two friends, one who's rolled an archer and the other who's rolled a blademaster. So wouldn't want to be the same class as them b:surrender
  • Asparagus - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, I guess you could survive as a wizard or cleric, but you would need good gear, or atleast decent. For example, I have around 1.3k hp unbuffed at lvl 60, and I'm a LA wizard. My gear sucks, and I die really fast in PvP action. And, as a caster, you're never in the heart of the action.
  • darksacred
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If you were to exclude BM and Archer out of the remaining classes which would you advise for a PvP style of play?
  • Asparagus - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This might be a bit biased since im a wizard, but I find wizards really fun to play. They can actually be really good in PvP too.

To be honest , I think that most classes in game have their pros and cons.

So actually what I can say is: Try a few different ones, but if you like casters and PvP, you should really try wizard and possibly cleric. Wizard might be a bit lame early in game though, it all depends on what you like.

Cheers
    Asparagus