Catshop or AFK Issues

Comments

• Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeap its only while in catshop Ive left my catshop in west arch where it normally sits but didnt put it into shop mode and it has not crashed in 3.5 hours so far.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hey Everyone,

While we're working on looking into this issue, please try to spread out the locations of where you setup your catshops.

Thanks!

Have a good weekend everybody! :)
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Linwe - Dreamweaver
    Linwe - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thanks darthpanda16 for taking the time to reply and thank everyone else who is looking into fixing this problem.

I have the same problem as everyone else...memory leak with a bug report. I have been setting up shop in west archo but I will try another location to see if it still crashes. If it does, I will send a ticket with all the requested info.
  • mythago
    mythago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i get this on vista home premium dual core w nvidea machine, and on my old xp home single core nvidea machine. catshop + adc = dead game
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have 4 different systems, with
    3 different operating systems (Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2003)
    3 generations of Intel CPUs (Pentium 4 HT, Pentium D Dual Core, Core 2 Duo Dual Core)
    3 different brands of graphics cards (Intel, ATI, Nvidia)
    2 different versions of directX (DX9 on Windows 2003 and Windows xP, and DX10 on Windows Vista)
    3 differerent memory profiles (512mb, 1gb, 2gb)

This is happening identically on EVERY SINGLE COMBINATION.

In all cases, it gets progressively laggier on the user interface side (Even typing to people, while in cat shop mode), this is when the memory consumption is causing the system to swap more memory.

When it hits around 2gb of memory in use,
    On XP, Windowed>The client window will disappear without any messages. The "Application" in task manager will be gone, and the "elementclient.exe" "process" in task manager, is actually appearing to be running otherwise normal.

on XP, Full Screen>The full screen client will freeze, and a reboot is required to do anything futher. But please note, as verified by a 2nd computer running, the vendor is still fully functional in the world, during the time GUI is frozen.

On Vista, and 2003 Server>The application will crash with the stoplight and send logs dialouge appearing. Again the vendor itself is working in the world, when the GUI is gone, but it is necessary to end task, and restart to access the vendor agin.

The ONLY commonalities for ME, is that they are cat shops in West Archosaur near the Jewelcrafter, and all operating systems are 32 bit based.

Also for the record, when the actual user interface disappears, but elementclient.exe remains running, you are actually still functional as a vendor, you just can't ever see your sales results, without end tasking and restarting. (i have been running vendors, but "checking" on them from another player on another computer as a customer)

This implies the memory leak IS in the graphical user interface, BUT it is not specific to any one video card feature, directx version, cpu brand, graphics card brand.

A couple questions for others, does anyone experiencing this problem, have more then 2.5-3 gb of memory? I am curious to see if the memory leak consumes past 2.5gb of ram, and if it still crashes.

Also is anyone experiencing this on an even older computer without any dual core, or even without any hyperthreading?

My gut instinct is telling me that the display routines in the new cat shop dialogue is not properly garbage collecting memory.
    Reasons
    A> They just added a brand new cat shop dialogue that has not been tested on the production environment.
    B> Its agnostic to many hardware issues.
    C> If it were thread managment issues, we would be getting deadlocks before the memory leaked.
    D> Its in the display itself, because the actual vendor continues to function properly within the game world environement, even when the client is in this crashed condition, and for SEVERAL HOURS and will go offline, when the elementclient.exe process is manually terminated.
  • Atheeni - Heavens Tear
    Atheeni - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've been submitting the log files after every crash from that little window with the traffic light on it... are those the same ones you guys want?

Also... spreading out catshops doesn't seem to help, I moved my shop to a much less crowded area in the starter cities and the client still seems to crash. I've tried it on both mine and my sister's comps (both are quad cores running top of the line ATI graphics cards). After several crashes the whole computer needs to be restarted because it gets slowed and a **** ton of memory seems to be allocated to the client and it's terminated processes.
  • Atheeni - Heavens Tear
    Atheeni - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    sparqy wrote: »
    A couple questions for others, does anyone experiencing this problem, have more then 2.5-3 gb of memory? I am curious to see if the memory leak consumes past 2.5gb of ram, and if it still crashes.

I'm running on 4GB of memory but I've only gotten the virtual memory running low thing about twice after a crash, I didn't check the actual number before I restarted because it was usually overnight that it crashed but I'm pretty sure it went past 2.5GB to trigger that. If I catch another one I'll check. Most of my other crashes seem to be within the range you reported so they don't trigger the memory low signal.
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I does not happen only in catshop mode, whatever if you are a catshop or not you will get dc'ed in areas with big amount of people, tested this yesterday and got game cashed not even beeing CS.
  • Vangora - Lost City
    Vangora - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am getting the same problem... I can be on the game all day long and as soon as I go into a catshop my game ends up crashing a few minutes to an hour later. When I usually go into a catshop, i totally turn all my effects off, and to the lowest minimum. Before the patch this method worked great. Never got disconnected, never crashed, worked perfect. Now I am unable to even sell anything.

But GM I did what you asked and sent in the dxdiag and hijackthis logs, for you and your staff to examine.

Hope a fix can be found
  • fyreal
    fyreal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Also is anyone experiencing this on an even older computer without any dual core, or even without any hyperthreading?

I have two laptops, one with over 3 gb or memory, and the other I only use for notes and catshops because its ANCIENT.

The first one always worked just fine until the patch. Now it gets the stoplight/ReportBug error about once every couple of hours. It shows pw taking up something like 2 gb of my memory before I close it.

The second, older laptop handles the new catshop system for about 2 hours and then crashes also. Takes longer to explode, maybe because I have the graphics turned down on it?

The second one also does not get the stoplight error. I guess thats just for Vista?
  • Peinn - Sanctuary
    Peinn - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hi.. first time ever i am having this problem... i never had any problems with this game,i am playing for months. but after this patch 135,its strange that when ever i play pwi,my memory consumption keeps ticking until the point it freezes ,4 gigs of memory is used up(it happens when i leave it overnight). but if i play with optimal display settings its ok, memory usage is not that highb:sad (i guess)i will post a ticket.i am posting this just to confirm there is some problem with this new patch b:surrender
    b:victory 1st BM on Sanctuary to have DragonSeekers ...IT ROCKS.Never know until u try it xD
    edited May 2009
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yea.. I've been getting same problem daily after patch too. but not in catshop mode. while afk autopathing or just going around. I haven't checked how much memory I use when it happens tho. but if it eats my 8GB im scared b:shocked
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Sir_Joshua - Lost City
    Sir_Joshua - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I am running 64bit XP with 6Gb of RAM. And a Radeon hd4870 with 1Gb of RAM. I get the crash, to answer your question.
  • Naku - Lost City
    Naku - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I've just read through mine, and it's the same as you said. seems like it's trying to load somthing.... please fix this A.S.A.P. GMs :(~ I can't set cat shop at all anymore...
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Actually, I have been having the same problem while in cat shop mode. I also see that it will make the "error report bug pop up", as well as, put the computer into safe mode! Then the computer freezes and wallah, it is almost like having the blue screen of death.

Right now, I am re-downloading the full client, and yes I deleted the old client as well' before I decide to re-install the initial client. Hence! it seems, that at first I got the lag-g and cat shop errors after the last patch. I corrected the lag-g issues' but the cat shop issue, would not go away until I got the blue screen effect and safe mode lock-up!

I will let you know further more if re-downloading the client helped!
    b:bye

P.S.
    Confucius say's, "When in doubt, eat Moe' pie".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsunderland
    tsunderland Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Feel Better knowing that it's not just me... Hope it's fixed soon :(
  • wizardgen
    wizardgen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ppls go to your ...\Perfect World International\element\reportbugs and send your log files.

i found lots of missing files in my pwi. just like AD3 log says:
    [16:27:07.015] A3DSkinMan::CreateNewSkin, Falied to load skin Models\NPCs\
  • sirmighty
    sirmighty Posts: 1
    edited May 2009
    I'm currently having the same problem as well.....no crash b4 ..since after the genie patch it crash crazy at "CAT SHOP" only...no crash during playing, soon as i go into cat shop and afk for a while, it crash, sometime i get the trafflight symbol log indicating AD, or somefink, other time my comp just crashed..

i've also notice they have make some changes to the catshop, it seem big in size
    Please fix it, losing a lot of selling time...
    edited May 2009
    Another update. I setup a cat shop in wanderlust peak for 6 hours and the memory loss was negliable or very very minor. Took it to Arch with in minutes the memory leaks starts climbing fast.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, I've got this crash now not being in cat shop, but in the same location as my previous crashes. Just standing near the west archo jewelcrafter / auction house area has caused me to crash now without even being in a cat shop.

A couple tests that could give us some clues...

1.Wait in west archo, having never opened a vendor window, even as a customer.

2.Standing in west archo, having opened a vendor window once as a customer and then closing it, and then waiting.

3.Standing in west archo, having opened your OWN vendor window as a seller, and then closing, and then waiting.

If #1 still results in crashes, it may indicate that it has nothing to do with cat shop precisely, but a matter of proximity. Say as an example, there is some other issue, that happens from when other players enter our proximity (say loading a graphic for a particular piece of armor, or the mount they're riding, etc...) and just because west arch has more people, it gets this smaller glitch more times, and the accumulation of this smaller glitch happening many times causes the larger crash. It can also be the case that we associate it with the cat shop, because our vendors are in these high traffic areas for a longer duration, then a standard playing character.
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I downloaded a fresh new client and did the verification, as well as, the patch on auto-load! I did not mess with the problems with Lag-g but did notice that my cat shop did not crash while I was in another location besides Archosaur.

I did however, experience a problem while attempting to log off! The computer froze and the client stopped responding. I also notice there is still a lot of Lag-g in Archosaur and other locations but more in West Arch. I did noticed a brief moment of freezing while in cat shop mode in an area that had maybe 10 peeps are less.

I have not set shop up in west Arch for too long, I will later and hopefully it want crash! I reset some video settings, so hopefully I will not get lag-g feast.

I Will brief again tomorrow or within 10 hrs or so!
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lgran - Heavens Tear
    Lgran - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    just how long this will keep going ??!! it's almost a week now from the update and still no fix... i lost at least 70% of my usual income become of this cat shop problem.... well to be precise.... it's archo problem... even when not in a cat shop the client will crash.... but cat shop looks to make u crash faster for some reason.... pfff... well... it's almost wed and i hope the new update fixes this problem.
  • Elentir - Sanctuary
    Elentir - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This is kinda ridiculous, but hopefully this bad chapter will come to a close :D I just looked at my processes running, and I saw three different "elementclient.exe" processes, one at 0% usage, the second at 47%, and the third at 97% :O i'm assuming the latter of the three was the catshop vendor crash, the second the attempt to open the game client earlier (but crashed right when the screen popped up), and the first the same thing but not even a screen getting the chance to appear lol. Anyway, I'm actually not peeved or anything about the whole problem, but hopefully the GM's do use their magic and successfully repair evrything and make the Perfect World a better place (internationally) :D
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've also had some similar problems. I don't mind these so much, but the post-genie barb bug is horrible.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi Everyone,

The devs are working on this, all we can ask is to please be patient, like we are.

Some advice to help you all:

Go into in-game Settings and turn ALL of your graphic effects and sliders off when going to Archosaur. Best Performance may not cut it.

Setup your Catshops elsewhere in the game. Preferably in context sensitive areas near NPCs or Quests that will need the items that you are selling. There are other cities besides Archosaur to sell things in.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • ahdik
    ahdik Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am having same issue with my desktop

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
    Intel QX6850 3.0Ghz quad core extreme
    4GB of ram
    Nividia 9800GT

Its not only catshop altho tats where it happens most of the time. Indeed every time it happens, I am in west archo.

I use window mode and notice my ram usage is @ 59% all the time, but when I am in the game, CPU usage of all 4 core is 99-100%. When PW is running in the background, average cpu usage alters from 82% - 95%

I did not see anyone mention high cpu usage.. so I dont know if this is just me.
  • hale19
    hale19 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi Everyone,

The devs are working on this, all we can ask is to please be patient, like we are.

Some advice to help you all:

Go into in-game Settings and turn ALL of your graphic effects and sliders off when going to Archosaur. Best Performance may not cut it.

Setup your Catshops elsewhere in the game. Preferably in context sensitive areas near NPCs or Quests that will need the items that you are selling. There are other cities besides Archosaur to sell things in.
    I did all of that including setting up shop in the middle of no where (Land of buried bones) and it still crashed. Unfortually i am unable to take a screenshot of it seeing as the client crash f**ks everything on my comp up so i couldn't.

Also telling us to submit a ticket really does no good because i submitted one about this 7 days ago today...
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    OK just clarifying, the dcs are being caused by a "memory leak"? Because if so, wouldn't just not leaving the game running for long periods of time, or restarting your computer fix the lag and dcs? (not fix but lessen the effects) It still needs to be fixed but it seems like this is a quick little thing you can do to get through it while the GMs work something out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • hale19
    hale19 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    OK just clarifying, the dcs are being caused by a "memory leak"? Because if so, wouldn't just not leaving the game running for long periods of time, or restarting your computer fix the lag and dcs? (not fix but lessen the effects) It still needs to be fixed but it seems like this is a quick little thing you can do to get through it while the GMs work something out.
    Tried that as well.
This discussion has been closed.