Cant unerstand the attack rate :S

XJmKx - Sanctuary
XJmKx - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
HI^^ I cant figure that attack rate :S It seems like the Pole is faster than the Axhr. But the attack rate of Pole is 1.00 and Axhr 0.83

What is the fastest one?b:victory
Post edited by XJmKx - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Buffer - Dreamweaver
    Buffer - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The attack rate is how many times you attack per second. An attack rate of 1 is once per second. If its lower, its faster because you are attacking faster than once per second.
  • XJmKx - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    The attack rate is how many times you attack per second. An attack rate of 1 is once per second. If its lower, its faster because you are attacking faster than once per second.
    Thanks b:victory But is Pole better than Axhr in any way?b:pleased
  • Buffer - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    HI^^ I cant figure that attack rate :S It seems like the Pole is faster than the Axhr. But the attack rate of Pole is 1.00 and Axhr 0.83

What is the fastest one?b:victory

Now that I can't answer, as I am just a lowly cleric b:surrender

But I think its just a personal preference or best you can get at the time kind of thing.
    I see some BMs using fists, some with swords, some with axes.
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Actually lower number means you're attacking slower b:laugh
    If attack rate if 1/sec then it's usuall but if 0.63/sec that means you barely do over half attack in sec that's why Fists have 1.43/sec attack which means they do almost 1.5 attacks in second b:chuckle
    If it was like previously said then explain me how Bow attack can be x3 times faster then barehands?!?b:shockedb:surrender
    Look for highest number per sec not lowest
  • Buffer - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Oops, did I say that backwards? I should really check these things before I say something like I know what I'm talking about b:surrender
  • XJmKx - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Oops, did I say that backwards? I should really check these things before I say something like I know what I'm talking about b:surrender
    Hehe, everyone do mistakes b:victory

Thanks wnight b:laugh
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Like someone said...it's a personal preferance. Axe/hammer BMs are known for their tanking ability, and get a whole assortment of AOEs (good for grinding, or so I hear). I've always been told that poles are the hybrid between the Axe/Hammer path and the Sword/Blade path, with additional range that none of the other paths have.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • XJmKx - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Like someone said...it's a personal preferance. Axe/hammer BMs are known for their tanking ability, and get a whole assortment of AOEs (good for grinding, or so I hear). I've always been told that poles are the hybrid between the Axe/Hammer path and the Sword/Blade path, with additional range that none of the other paths have.
    Hmm thanksb:victory But is grinding lving? And whats AOE?b:victory

New to this gameb:chuckle
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    AoE= Area Of Effect ( in our case means all surrounding mobs within weapons range unless skill says otherwise)
    Grinding= monotone VERY boring procedure usually killing 1 perticular type of mob for long time ( unfortunatelly the higher you go the more you'll know and feel it b:sad)
    b:bye
  • XJmKx - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    wnight wrote: »
    AoE= Area Of Effect ( in our case means all surrounding mobs within weapons range unless skill says otherwise)
    Grinding= monotone VERY boring procedure usually killing 1 perticular type of mob for long time ( unfortunatelly the higher you go the more you'll know and feel it b:sad)
    b:bye
    Ok thanksb:victoryb:victory