Memory leak with new patch.

Options
swgs
swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
I am 100% sure there is a memory leak with the new patch. I have a laptop with 2G memory, I have never get any problem play PWI on that machine, but the machine start heavey memory swamping and then crash after about 1 or 2 hours of play with new patch installed. my desktop with 4G memory works ok after 4 hours of play today, but it is just a mater of time before it crash. so if you decide to setup a catshop over night, you better use a machine with a lots of memory.
Post edited by swgs on

Comments

• billguns
    billguns Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My comp keeps coming up with a "Searching for Virtual Memory" alert since the new patch... never had problems before! wouldn't doubt that there is a leak
  • boethius
    boethius Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Definitely a memory leak. If you watch it in your favourite process manager you can see the used memory rising steadly. In busy areas like archosaur the game stutters as the system struggles to gain more virtual memory fast enough and the hard disc use increases markedly. These are the classic signs of a leak.
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yup, I'm getting this leak on Windows xp 32 bit, and vista 32 bit, and 2003server 32 bit.
  • sparqy
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There are 5 or more threads regarding the crashes from this latest patch.

Can a moderator consolidate them and make a sticky until this issue is resolved?

This isn't a run of the mill inconvience bug, this is making the game outright unplayable for a lot of people.

Thankyou.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Each thread has specific different issues. Threads will stay as they have been created for now.

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • sparqy
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I was trying to give your programmers the benefit of the doubt, and presume they only introduced 1 memory leak into the new client. Do you think there is more then 1 glitch causing a memory leak?
  • Kimicat - Sanctuary
    Kimicat - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    when i started playing the game it was at 56k usage. when it crashed some 6 hrs later it was at 970k. theres something wrong to where the system is NOT flushing itself out. this is becoming very troublesome because it usually spikes if i put my catshop up. doesnt matter which district eaither. oh btw i HAVE sent in tickets, no one has responded and its been nearly a week.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    when i started playing the game it was at 56k usage. when it crashed some 6 hrs later it was at 970k. theres something wrong to where the system is NOT flushing itself out. this is becoming very troublesome because it usually spikes if i put my catshop up. doesnt matter which district eaither. oh btw i HAVE sent in tickets, no one has responded and its been nearly a week.

It is going to take time to fix this issue. Memory leak issue is one of the hardest common issue to fix (actually to find out where the memory leak comes from). It may only take development team 10 minutes to fix, it may take them 10 days. lets hope they can fix this issue in next patch.
This discussion has been closed.