Are this genie skills right?

Kohattorix - Harshlands
Kohattorix - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
I wanna experiment with a BM. I want to make the tanker that every bm want to be. So how many chances i have with this:

Build: 3vit 5str 2dex every 2 lvls untill endgame and beyond, no restat ever.
Weapons: poleblade
Shards:only HP
Magic protection comes only from magic necklace and belt+Marrow skill (should be enough)

With this build my bm will have about 16K HP by endgame with the best equip possible and barb buff. A barb will have 17K with the same Vit, equip and HP buff if he doesnt go to tiger mode (and lets face it no barb pks in tiger mode).
So if ill end up having almost the same HP archers should be unable to kill me until my charm ticks again, making the act of trying to kill me "unproductive" like a killing a barb.

Genie skills: Iltry to squeeze in as much Magic as possible for 5 skills.

1Healing (to remove bleeding)
2Tree of protection (2X25% heals and maybe ill find a use for the maxHP increase)(this and diamond sutra should make me impossible to kill)
3Extreme poison(damage amp that stacks)
4Evil ward(immune to damage for a short time)
5Alpha male(b:dirtyaggro aoe like a barb and small reflect)(with this skill and stream strike which is like flesh ream,it creates aggro, i should be a decent tank in pve.)

So what u think?b:sad
Post edited by Kohattorix - Harshlands on

Comments

• bolcseszhippi
    bolcseszhippi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    imo go fior 4 skills. and put the 80 stats(after 40 u need 2 for each) to dext instead of mag...

evil ward may be good, but ive chosen magic reflect instead, in pvp/pk its much more useful

alpha thing... thats stupid to put a rarely used semi useful PvE skill to that list... just forget that.
  • MoobyBlast - Lost City
    MoobyBlast - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think that can work well in PvE. But in PvP people usually like to max vit around 50-60 so they have better accuracy. Barbs usually get away with lower dex because of Blood Bath and BM's don't have any skills to use to increase accuracy like a Barbarian does. I also think for a genie skill adrenaline surge would be a little more useful with as much HP as you have because the "typical" cleric chain in PvP is sleep-debuff-spark-tempest-then whatever is needed to finish. That sleep lasts forever too... so cancelling a cleric's sleep can be invaluable in PvP sometimes. I'm not too experienced in this but from what I read on the forums it seems like it would make sense.
  • ashez
    ashez Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think that can work well in PvE. But in PvP people usually like to max vit around 50-60 so they have better accuracy. Barbs usually get away with lower dex because of Blood Bath and BM's don't have any skills to use to increase accuracy like a Barbarian does. I also think for a genie skill adrenaline surge would be a little more useful with as much HP as you have because the "typical" cleric chain in PvP is sleep-debuff-spark-tempest-then whatever is needed to finish. That sleep lasts forever too... so cancelling a cleric's sleep can be invaluable in PvP sometimes. I'm not too experienced in this but from what I read on the forums it seems like it would make sense.

Will of the Bodhisatva
    lvl 59 Spirit: 60 900 Coin: 84 000

Focus vigor underfoot to move as graceful as a dragon in flight. Increases movement speed by 100%, increases evasion while moving by 100%, grants immunity to stun and freeze Lasts 15 seconds.

This includes immunity to sleep as well and it works in flight.
    "Nova_: Their HIGHEST member admitted we roll them, we are more coordinated, we are more organised."

oreally? b:pleased

Le Crimson
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Quick note on evil ward, it doesnt make you immune to damage, it makes you immune to skills that would increase the damage you take (venos amp, Heavens flame, extreme poison). It is not a very effective skill to be honest and I quickly retrained it out of my genie.

Bloodclot is more effective than healing for stopping fleshream as it can be activated either before or after the bleed effect is applied.

Stream strike doesnt work like fleshream on a barb (a barbs fleshream will reset the aggro of a mob regardless of the damage done by the rest of the party, Stream strike will not do this)
  • CJ7 - Sanctuary
    CJ7 - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    don't know about the others but alpha male is a must for any bm.
    it can save your party in almost any situation, pulls agro from anyone regardless of their level or dmg output. awesome skill in rebirth orders to keep the DD and clerics alive if they start getting hit too hard
  • Gau - Dreamweaver
    Gau - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You do relize the more skills the have for the Genie,the weaker each individual skill will be because they will have less attribute points to increase them
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    Leaderalan - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx