need some help

firerunner
firerunner Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
one of my friends recently started playing prefect world and he told me that he did something and he zoomed to far out and can't zoom back in his laptop does not have a scroll bar so he can't do it the easy way is there a button on the keyboard that u can press to zoom ur self in closer to ur charter if there is can some one tell me so i can let him know i tried ever thing i could to figure out how to do it with out a mouse but i have had no luck so i turn to you lovely ppl of prect world for help.
Post edited by firerunner on

Comments

• jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Does his laptop have any sort of scroll equivalent (like on a multi-touchpad)? I can't remember any keyboard shortcuts for zooming.
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If he has a keypad, the - and + keys zoom in and out.
  • firerunner
    edited May 2009
    i told him to use the - and + keys but he told me he tried them already and they did not work.
    i also ask him to try and turn on his laptops numbe lock to see if that helps
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ON the keyboard, tell him to find the FN key. Push this button (may have to hold the button, depending on what lappy he has) then try using the + or -. This should work in place of the zoom.
  • firerunner
    edited May 2009
    yh i tried that and it did not work so keep helping me help him plz
  • Pesty - Dreamweaver
    Pesty - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tried the pg up and pg down keys?
  • firerunner
    edited May 2009
    he did that as well but that did nothing
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My suggestion is to find a cheap mouse with a scroll wheel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My previous answer assumed that he has a number pad on the side of the keyboard. If he doesn't, try looking at the keys, usually lined up under 8 9 0 there are other numbers printed in blue. Once you find those, try to find the keys that have the blue + or - on them. Hold FN and press one of them. This will not help you, though, if he has the number pad on the right of his keyboard.

Srsly - If none of the above worked, go with OMG's answer: Get a cheap USB scrolling mouse. $20.00 or less at Staples or OfficeMax or where ever.