Roleplaying?

Sylvenas - Dreamweaver
Sylvenas - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi everybody!

I recently discovered and downloaded this game, started playing as early as yesterday. Since I'm sure this is a busy community, I'll get right on the point. I'm a roleplayer. I've been that for pretty much ten years now, and here's my question:

Are there roleplaying occurances in this game? If so, are there any ways for me, a rookie, to get involved in it without looking ridiculous? I've been trying a fair share of online games lately, but have ended up disappointed due to the lackage of roleplaying.

A fast response would be appreciated, but either way, thank you for taking the time to read this, and have a good day :)
Post edited by Sylvenas - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sylvenas - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    I'll go ahead and take the annoying liberty to bump this thread of mine, for which I sincerely apologize, but I do so in hope that someone might have missed my thread but holds the answer to my question, which is:

Does roleplaying exist in Perfect World International?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It does but you have to find it/them.

I don't know of too many, as I personally do not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I haven't seen any yet, but then, I haven't been looking for it. I'm more interested in enjoying the game itself at this point than attempting to roleplay. I myself am a literate roleplayer though, so it would be interesting to try in a world-immersive setting like an MMO...

It might be possible to find (or start) a Faction that does RP/Skits in-game. During my time on Gaiaonline, I came across a group that performed plays and such in the Towns. I never attended one, but they had screenshots of things like Rent which they seemed to have pulled off (costume wise at least) rather well.

I don't know if anyone's tried anything similar here, but I think it would be cool to see ^x^ Especially if it's a play or original script that involves dueling, the range of character emotes and actions here are quite nice.

And yes, I will disclaimer that I am a little bit of a geek. But I will come attend a play if there is one on Harshlands XD
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As with all MMORPG's I have ever seen there is a breakdown in Role Play but it is there and it exists to the extent you want it to. With that in mind this Kitsune is always running about being a mischevious helper lol.
  • Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I've seen guild advertisments in the Guild Banter forum that present themselves as a roleplay-oriented guilds. There definitely are roleplay lovers out there, it'll just take some effort to find them. Keep looking! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saomuel - Dreamweaver
    Saomuel - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Dreamweaver is an recently released server, and may be hard to find roleplayers on it, because roleplayers use to be an minor part of the server players. The most part is TW oriented players.

Since you may be the first and only roleplayer in Dreamweaver (not sure, but can be), why not you make an faction and start recruiting roleplayers? ^^

I see on your avatar that you are still low lvl, but when you've reached enough level to start a faction (20?), make one for yourself and start recruiting roleplayers. Make announces on global chat and here in the boards. Maybe another roleplayer come later, in the same situation of you, a little lost, looking for people to do roleplay, and he/she you find easily you well-known roleplay faction and will ask to join, call his friends and make your faction - and the Dreamweaver roleplay scenery - grow bigger. It would be cool, huh? ^^

With your little starting step, other players can arrive on the server wanting to roleplay, but they may not want to follow your storyline. And they I'll start their own faction. The many factions can interage, play some adventures together, what is good to buth sides. Maybe in a near future, this forum will have an dedicated area to roleplay in PWI. A section named with something like "The Pan Gu Tavern". =) I saw this happening in other MMOs I've played.

Why not giving it a try?
    Good luck to you ^^
  • Sylvenas - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Thank you all for having taken the time to respond my cry for help.

I've the past day or two experimented a little with characters, classes and racers to find the right one for me, me being new to all of this and all that. Once I find a class appealing I'll start workin'.

Thank you Saomuel as well as Pemarkre for your elaborate responses, and I'll have the courtesy to respond to you as well :)

To Pemarkre: I too have been very busy enjoying the actual game and the features it contains, but once my curiosity for everything new has settled down, I'll probably heed Saomuels suggestion and create myself a faction. Unfortunately I'm on Dreamweaver and I have no intentions of making plays, but I'm crossing my fingers that what you seek will come to you.

As for me, I'll take future roleplaying in my own hands. Who knows, perhaps after I've annoyed the right amount of people with excessive formality and character behaviour, I might come across someone that likes being interacted to in a roleplaying way.

To Saomuel: Great thanks to the details you included as well as your suggestions. Judging by the responses of the others, it is not a hopeless dream to get some roleplaying started in this world. As soon as the choice of character is done for me, I'll get right on that. When I reach whichever level a faction can be created on, I'll take your suggestion and do what I can to bring some roleplaying into Dreamweaver.

I hope that if it happens to be that I am the so far only roleplayer on Dreamweaver, that I'm the start of something new. My years of roleplaying online as well as offline has made me fairly patience and tollerable, so I remain optimistic that I'll come across at least one that share my passion.

Thank you a lot for your response, Saomuel. You've helped me a great deal. I'll try my darnest to bring RP to Dreamweaver.
  • parky
    parky Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I just joined today, and this is the first post I've read.
    Count me in if you're setting one up!
  • Sylvenas - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    parky wrote: »
    I just joined today, and this is the first post I've read.
    Count me in if you're setting one up!

That's awesome! Unfortunately the character I'm currently focusing on is only level 13, but once I climb my way to 20 and become able to create a faction, your more than welcome to be a part of it :-)

Until then, all I can suggest is that you make a character on Dreamweaver and contact "Maexxna" in the game. Maexxna is my current 'main' character. Would be awesome to have you aboard.
  • Uindo - Heavens Tear
    Uindo - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    RELICS- The Relic Hunters is an RP based guild that is setting up on Dreamweaver. Any and all interested should read our post in the Dreamweaver forum and Guild Banter.
  • Rhokia - Harshlands
    Rhokia - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you get one started or find one can you tell me because ive been looking and i havent been haveing any luck. thanks
    If at first you dont succeed; redefine success.
  • Rhokia - Harshlands
    Rhokia - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    and now i see the one right above my post. i feel like an idiot.
    If at first you dont succeed; redefine success.
  • magillio
    magillio Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've tried adding you Multiple times but you're never on.... I also like to rp, my in game name is Sillo. I'm a newby though (Level 7 Archer) ;D
  • Rualianna - Sanctuary
    Rualianna - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ashwynn, I have been getting messages saying your mailbox is locked, so I am assuming that this faction is not available anymore? If not PLEASE pm or mail me, I'm on a lot so its hard to miss me b:embarrass I have replyed to other posts and I really hope i can find one in Dreamweaver I used to RP in :cough: FFXI... DON'T HURT MEH! XD and really would love to do it in PWI too b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Just try to have fun...Isn't that the point? b:cute