Genie Skill Suggestions

Sylvini - Heavens Tear
Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Suggestion Box
Ok, a LOT of people were disappointed with the genies, and I understand why. For something that was hyped THAT much, they came out rather lack-luster. Nevermind the bugs, those come with any new update, but the skills available really failed to impress most of us, especially considering they cost stamina, which can only be replaced with Chi stones, therefore effectively costing money. What I'd like to gather here are a list of suggested skills that you would have liked to see. Please keep things polite and constructive. Thank you! b:thanks

For starters:

Skill: Mana Blast
Elements: Unknown (maybe one of each? maybe mostly fire?)
Energy: 100 (+10 per level up, to max of 190)
Stamina: 200
Effect: Attack the enemy with pure mana, doing damage equal to 1/10th your maximum mana in each of the 5 elements (total damage: 1/2 max mana) and burning 1/100th your max mana away from the enemy over 10 seconds.

Skill: Vigorous Blast
Elements: Unknown (again, maybe one of each, maybe mostly earth?)
Energy: 100 (+10 per level up, to max of 190)
Effect: Attack the enemy with pure vigor, doing damage equal to 1/10th your maximum HP in each of the 5 elements (total damage: 1/2 max mana) and burning 100 chi away from the enemy over 10 seconds.

Skill: Magical Focus
Elements: Water 3 Wood 3
Energy: 100 (-5 per level)
Stamina: 50
Effect: Recover mana at a rate of 5% Max Mana per second for 10 seconds.

Skill: Arcane Agility
Elements: Metal 5 Water 3
Energy: 100 (-10 per lvl)
Stamina: 100
Effect: The genie imbues you with unnatural agility drawing from you familiarity with the arcane arts. The player gains a bonus to evasion (and accuracy and critical rate?) as if all (or 1/2) points in Mag were actually in Dex. The effect lasts for 30 seconds.

Skill: Elemental Shield
Elements: Metal 3 Wood 3 Water 3 Earth 3 Fire 3
Energy: 100 (fixed)
Effect: An elemental shield is formed around you, protecting you from magical damage of all kinds (adds dmg reduction? absorbs fixed amount?) for 30 seconds.

Basically, I would have liked to see a lot fewer buffs/debuffs that lasted 2-8sec and a lot more that lasted 30-60 sec.
Post edited by Sylvini - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im so up for that Mana Regen idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I sort of thought of it as a counter-part to Tree of Protection. I've heard of some barbs who use Tree of Protection as a cheap and fast healing move. Well, I know some clerics who would kill for a similar move in MP.
  • Buffer - Dreamweaver
    Buffer - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I was really disappointed with the extremely short times of these skills. I leveled my genie just to get Holy Path because I thought it would be awesome in FBs and such. After finding out it lasted 3 seconds, I really regretted even spending my Exp/Spirit on it...

I wouldn't care if they added new skills or not, but giving more time on these buffs/debuffs would be really nice. b:thanks
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, the duration of spells is really low ... then again, I think everyone was expecting genies to basically be similiar to pets ... in a way similiar to this: Buffs will allow squishies to tank, damage and heals would make Barbs equal or better than a Herc, etc ...

I was somewhat disappointed with the skills but realized genies are not suppose to be a make or break aspect of Perfect World. Genies are not meant to turn the current classes into hybrids.

As for skills I would like to see added to the genie skillset, a mana regeneration buff/aura would be nice (not one that can only be used in water).
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)