Wats the fuss about the genies??

Dalgon - Lost City
Dalgon - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Wats the fuss about genies??
was it really worth bringin em out?
they're not much help (dmg wise they suck an they're special effects only last a few secs..)
an i've only really been hearin bad stuff about them like graphical lags ever since they came out (ive been experienceing the same)
please help me on this matter (like can i make the genie to somethin really useful) or just have a say ;)
Post edited by Dalgon - Lost City on

Comments

• Meca - Harshlands
    Meca - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    any sort of big patch, or expansion, which lets face it, this was the worst example of an expansion ive seen in any MMO, expansions are usualy something major such as a big game content update.

also the big fuss was the fact that u get to have some fairy lookalike thing fly around u like the hell/heaven fairy.

im hopeing its just alot of the genies skills are buged because atm, they all suck ****, theres only a very few good skills atm which is stupid saying theres like 30 diff skills?

what the GM's realy need to do, is get rid of the damn stamina, its such a stupid add on the Genies that makes u completly unable to have anyfun with them, mainly being at low levels.
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well IMO genies r somewhat more useful since u can lure with them b:victory and some of the effects for a few seconds are still useful so yea they're good if u know how to use them
  • Dalgon - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    lol the prob with lurin with ur genie is that it's dead in one shot cause 1 vit point means 1 HP point :(
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol the prob with lurin with ur genie is that it's dead in one shot cause 1 vit point means 1 HP point :(

are u crazy ? genies cant die
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    they all suck ****

LOL!!b:laugh
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dalgon - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    are u crazy ? genies cant die

lol i no but if they loose all their health u can't use em til they heal
    an unless u pump all their att points into vit u don't get a lot out of em
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    *sigh* At this point, I give up. I have been trying to get people to see the use in genies, but I think now, I'm just going to stop entirely. One less person using a genie is one more easy target in PvP, as well as one less person bugging me about how to use theirs properly. I'm going to take myself, and my 4 souped up genies, and go do something epic now. Thank you.
  • Dalgon - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    i guess but for most people u can't be stuffed to research all the genie stuff it's not really worth it
    i think we were ok b4 the genies came out
    rather make mounts that attack or all class pets that attack on command^^
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think its just that we expected too much of the genies. Our imaginations blew it up while we waited for them, and by the time they came out, we expected them to be near par with the veno pets. In reality, they are practically in the same line with the Lv 79 skills which last only for a short several seconds, except now you dont have to gather 20 apocolypse pages each skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Actually no, I never expected Genies to be on the same level as veno pets. I also never expected their skills to be as good or better than the veno pets. What I was expecting was being able to use the skills of the genies at a reasonable cost. The cool down for the skills I understand, but the required stamina just to get a very very temporary buff is pretty ridiculous.

The way the genies need to be levelled and require chi stones for more stamina, the skill stamina consumption is quite unreasonable imo.
  • Iliketoheal - Harshlands
    Iliketoheal - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i no i am not a high level but i think genies are quite ool they may not be strong fighters but if they were there would be no addaverentages for veno's. Veno's arent exactly strong fighters if they dont have there pet they wil die alot so if genies we **** good as veno's maybe veno's wouldent feel as if they have anything special. The thing that annoys me with Genie's is u have to spend spirit on there attaks and stuff cause i dont have alot of spirit in the first place so i wont to keep it to learn my skills but i wont to buy genie skills to so is there any advise on how i can get more spirit???
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Actually no, I never expected Genies to be on the same level as veno pets. I also never expected their skills to be as good or better than the veno pets. What I was expecting was being able to use the skills of the genies at a reasonable cost. The cool down for the skills I understand, but the required stamina just to get a very very temporary buff is pretty ridiculous.

The way the genies need to be levelled and require chi stones for more stamina, the skill stamina consumption is quite unreasonable imo.
    I admit the chi stones are kinda ghey...

But cost wise i think they are reasonable, and they are free too. Way more than what it costs to get and maintain 79+ skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    RedSpeller - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I've no problem at all to feed my genie.
    Fact is my crafting level fit to my current level, so I just decompose the crappy stuff mobs drops and feed my genie.

Do same and you'll see that Genie are totaly free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]