BEst genie skills to compliment a mage

dixienormous
dixienormous Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
i have the green genie and i wanted to know what 2 other skills i should have to best compliment my wizard in pvp.

any suggestion would be appreciated
Post edited by dixienormous on

Comments

• Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Spark is pretty neat if you pop it just before a pyrogram hits, and.. ummm the initial skill for Longevity which reduces 30% elemental resistance for 4 seconds is pretty neat too.
    I popped Mage Star on my genie for fun and its kinda neat to use when you're out of aggro and just wanna regen mana faster.
    Its also neat if you want to save your hiero from ticking while fighting magic mobs, you just pop it on and it'll absorb the next two or 3 hits...
  • evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i would get celestrial sword, because now i will have a move besides BT that can deal physical damage ^^
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Extreme Poison - 25% amp, <3
    Healing - 80% chance to remove bleed (too bad it doesn't actual heal qq)
    Holy Path - 15.0 m/s move speed for 6 seconds (invaluable in pvp, amazing in pve as well, fun skill to eff around with)
    Tree of protection - ~6 seconds of immunity basically, not bad. Will prolly find a better skill to replace.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    evilramen wrote: »
    i would get celestrial sword, because now i will have a move besides BT that can deal physical damage ^^

have fun hitting 200's on a robe mage. tried and tested, it was lvl 10 too >_>

you MUST get extream poison. the dmg increase from it is huge.

Blood Clot - soon as u see the nix target u, use it. Alternatively healing, for after your bled.

For 3rd one, friend showed me the 60% chance to stun for 6 seconds one, it was pretty good.
  • evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Blood Clot - soon as u see the nix target u, use it. Alternatively healing, for after your bled.

For 3rd one, friend showed me the 60% chance to stun for 6 seconds one, it was pretty good.

omg hidden, thx for the info on celestrial sword b:thanks
    good thing i haven;t get it yet or it will end up being a waste ><
  • _Buzz_ - Lost City
    _Buzz_ - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im wondering how good is the sword? does it deal good damage?, since well, for a mage it seems that the best thing u can do is give dex, vit and mag to ur genie, and get a green one. so celestial sword would be like a waste if it doesnt deal good damage

my question is, is it worth to give STR to a wiz genie? all the useful spells seem to need more DEX than str. if the sword is better than giving 30% less resistance and less then that wood 8 spell that gives even less resistance i thinkSTR should stay 5 and dex should go up
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Could i please get the name of the 60% 6 seconds stun move please?

edit - Im thinking its not whirlwind....is it occult ice?
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How long does elemental weakness last?
    Does the Freeze from that 60 % chance skill also prevent the target from attacking, of just from moving?

Which of these 2 are the best choice for a wizard?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thunderstorm is a fairly decent hitter for Wood mobs; helps me take 'em down a bit faster.

Earth Claw is just fun, and it seems to crit really well for my Genie.

Extreme Poison is god...though I am looking at Elemental Weakness as I level up my Genie's Wood Affinity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Frenzy.

GG.
  • RenKyrios - Heavens Tear
    RenKyrios - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    basically use the green one? What does wood affinity do to mages?
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    basically use the green one? What does wood affinity do to mages?
    ...?

There's no specific reason to use the green one. Which genie you choose has nothing to do with it's affinity, anyway. Affinity decides which skills can be learned, and you choose where to put those affinity points.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • RenKyrios - Heavens Tear
    RenKyrios - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    o.. thx for the info! Im really a genie noob haha~
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Which skill is that stun? b:thanks
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    elemental weakness, tree of protection and extreme potion so far
    still need to get used to those skills, but for now i like them :) tree of protection saved my life several times already, and the other 2 let me do more dmg, what is actually one of the only things wizards are good at. damage dealing ^^ But for pvp... one of the anti-stun skills would be good, i think. I dont pvp much so i cant really tell you
  • Zeonus - Heavens Tear
    Zeonus - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I use an affliction genie just to test the DD skills. I had a lot of friends test Thunderstorm maxed, it out damages a lvl 89 FAC cleric (On ground obviously...I am not sure if it is up close too, since that changes from 3x to 5x)

As for the other two good skills in the Fire and Water tree, they both are DD...Aquaflame Shot (Drains Chi, can immobilize, and deals water+fire damage) and Dragonfire which is basically fire damage + physical damage + a good defense debuff.

I'm sure overall in most situations specing elsewhere to get the amp debuff would be best, but oh well.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    no genie skill out damages a real attack skill. a level 92 pure str genie with thunderstorm hit me for 1k. and that's with the 3x + 2x bonus.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You forgot one thing: all genie DD skills are instant, so casting 3 or 4 in a row can probably make a nice spike.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You forgot one thing: all genie DD skills are instant, so casting 3 or 4 in a row can probably make a nice spike.

you cant because of the energy requirements. you could do 2 perhaps with majority points into vit, but then u lose out of the dmg str gives, or the amp % dex gives.
    Which skill is that stun?

occult ice. it says freeze but i cant tell the difference between that and stun, both make them unable to move and attack.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Not nice enough to compare to Ex. Poison. Once you get to know a certain archer's HP/resistances, you can easily bypass their hiero and kill them in two shots consistently. I love the amp combined with undine for just that reason. If you stack them and crit with something like sandstorm, you'll be capable of oneshotting BMs if they're low on vit or not buffed.

The main skills I'm trying to check out now are Occult Ice and Frenzy, I haven't tested them yet, but both look interesting.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The main skills I'm trying to check out now are Occult Ice and Frenzy, I haven't tested them yet, but both look interesting.
    Frenzy? 0_0 Descriptions says that it increases your physical damage and decreases defences. Another wrong description?
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Frenzy? 0_0 Descriptions says that it increases your physical damage and decreases defences. Another wrong description?
    As far as I know yes, I've heard it works for wizards etc too.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    you cant because of the energy requirements. you could do 2 perhaps with majority points into vit, but then u lose out of the dmg str gives, or the amp % dex gives.

occult ice. it says freeze but i cant tell the difference between that and stun, both make them unable to move and attack.

Sorry fot double posting the same thing in 2 threads, but when I freeze a mob it says 'Frozen, unable to move', and it keeps attacking me..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    elemental weakness, tree of protection and extreme potion so far
    still need to get used to those skills, but for now i like them :) tree of protection saved my life several times already, and the other 2 let me do more dmg, what is actually one of the only things wizards are good at. damage dealing ^^ But for pvp... one of the anti-stun skills would be good, i think. I dont pvp much so i cant really tell you

if u're using extreme poison i dont see any point of using elemental weakeness too
    first of all if u wanna use them both it the same time ur genie needs 177 mana... b:surrender
    elemental weakness maybe "looks" good but that skill is useless coz of required mana
    extreme posion with high dex works way better coz it requires only 55 mana and has cooldown 1 sec so u can use it 2-3 times in a row
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if frenzy works for wizards, then frenzy and extreme poison seem best
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Frenzy.

GG.

You guys suck. Listen to the level 99 wizard.

Frenzy is good for one class, and it is wizard. It only decreases your base equipment damage, meaning you don't lose your buffed damage. Wizards get an extra 100% pdef ontop of everyone else, and if you're robe you lose even less. Level 10 frenzy while I'm full buffed I still have 6k pdef.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Frenzy is good for one class, and it is wizard. It only decreases your base equipment damage, meaning you don't lose your buffed damage. Wizards get an extra 100% pdef ontop of everyone else, and if you're robe you lose even less. Level 10 frenzy while I'm full buffed I still have 6k pdef.

What about ur magic def? Whats it look like after u use it?
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2009

what does Frenzy gain from lvling it up?
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Level 10 is a increase in attack lvl by 20, meaning its 2/3 of a Jonas Blessing. At the same time you lose 100% mdef and pdef. If you look at it, I lose all my base mdef which is 7.3k, but I keep whatever is EP buffed which is 70% which is 4.4k. With EP buffs I have 4.4k pdef and 4.4k mdef while using frenzy.

Its not like I use it while I'm being attacked, that's rather stupid. I usually use it mid cast while I'm casting an ulti so instead of that amp on one person, I get 20% more damage on every person my ulti hits. It lasts about 8 seconds too so I get a couple more hits with increases damage as well.

Frenzy is not a 1v1 PvP skill, its good for group PvP or TW where mages are supposed to be sneaky and not be attacked at all.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    An attack level increase? Sign me up.
This discussion has been closed.