3rd party coins

ShaneNocturn - Dreamweaver
ShaneNocturn - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
A friend of mine brought a good question to my attention and im curious to the answer...is it ok to buy coins from 3rd party sites or is that a bannable offense? i wasnt sure so i decided to post it here :) dont want anyone getting in trouble :)
Post edited by ShaneNocturn - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Most likely it is. Altho the 'buying' part is no diff. from you buying from PWI directly. Just the other has another 'bridge' to cross thats not direcly related to the parent company. Not sure why anyone would want to tho, cause its way cheaper to buy directly off PWI both gold wise and coin wise (cause you can choose your time to revert coin=gold)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Brotherdave - Heavens Tear
    Brotherdave - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    yes it is bannable..my in-game wife was banned for 3 days for this
    "Nobody is that much better than anybody else at the big table. They have different styles, different ways of doing things. But everybody gets the same cards." - Robert Duvall in Lucky You
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If someone other than PWE is making money on it, it's against the TOS. Same applies to just about every game on the market. If you want to convert RL money into game money, buy gold and sell it on the AH, or buy boutique items and sell those. The former is quicker, but the latter can make slightly more coin.
  • ShaneNocturn - Dreamweaver
    ShaneNocturn - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thanks for all the responses!! Like i said, we just wanted to be positive :)
  • Muah - Heavens Tear
    Muah - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't see why you'd go through another site/company for PWI. Its an easy answer to figure out. And maybe you should have actually read the TOS. Every MMO has put that in there.
    ~Mrs. Curry~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Since 7/4/09