Memory leak w/ pics

Options
david12345
david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
I share a dorm with another friend, so we have 2 completely different PCs to test with...

PC 1 - P4 3.06Ghz, 768MR RAM, ATi x800XT, running XP

This is just after PWI has been started on PC 1... the settings are set to all low

1zf7cwi.jpg

An hour later, PWI has crashed. Virtual memory usage:

207uadt.jpg

PC 2 - Quad core qx6700, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 8800GTX, running Vista

PWI started on PC 2 - all settings are set to max graphic quality:

33tqh4h.jpg

An hour later, no crash yet but you can clearly see the huge VM usage (in Vista its called Commit size) :

v3g6s6.jpg

Is this issue being addressed? Its really frustrating because you cannot catshop for any reasonable amount of time in west archo. I know people in my guild have also been complaining about crashes.
Post edited by david12345 on

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Please submit a ticket with dxdiag and hijackthis logs for both systems. Be sure to include a link to this thread and as much other information as you can.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Angelictj - Lost City
    Angelictj - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lol I dont know how to take a SS of my desktop XD but I have the same issue too..

in Vista 64-bit with 6gigs of DDR2, I have seen the game take all the way up to 500k+ K
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There are 5 or more threads regarding the crashes from this latest patch.

Can a moderator consolidate them and make a sticky until this issue is resolved?

This isn't a run of the mill inconvience bug, this is making the game outright unplayable for a lot of people.

Thankyou.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    We are unable to currently reproduce these issues that you guys are reporting on our machines here in the office.

Threads will stay where they are for now.

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased

If you all have integrated graphics, and not enough RAM to handle the 3d functions AND the Windows functions, you could have faulty RAM, or other issues like drivers and such.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Inna - Heavens Tear
    Inna - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    open pwi client. go into west arch where all the cat shops are. idle for 8 hours. come back and you'll see a nice bug report. close it and you will find pw client is still running in the background, continuously draining your memory.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I had left myself vending in west arch with the performance switch on for just 10 minutes or so (after doing a World Quest round) and it was using 1.1 GB PF.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    open pwi client. go into west arch where all the cat shops are. idle for 8 hours. come back and you'll see a nice bug report. close it and you will find pw client is still running in the background, continuously draining your memory.

I had that problem today! I didn't even notice it until I went into task manager and I realized I had one elementclient.exe running at around 970,000k and one elementclient.exe running at about 170,000k. One was using about 40% of my cpu, the other about 45%. I ended the program of the 170,000k one, pretty sure it was the "phantom" one, and sure enough, the 970,000k "normal" client was still running just "fine" if you can call it that for using up that much of my memory after 8-ish hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sorry about the double post, but I just caught the crash and saw the memory when it crashed. Here's what it was at right after it crashed:

memoryleakaftercrash1.jpg

Here's the double when I reopened perfect world, still using memory and 50% of my cpu.

memoryleakaftercrash2.jpg

And here's how much memory use perfect world uses when I first start it every day:

memoryleakaftercrash3.jpg

This is fairly consistent. It starts out at about this much and works it's way up to the amount in screenshot one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Kimicat - Sanctuary
    Kimicat - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    this is happeneing to me too! i will leave my catshop up and a few hours later it will crash with a report bug screen that comes up. i submitted a ticket two days ago but no one has got back with me. i cant make money it sucks T_T
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    pf.jpg

It's not funny anymore PWI.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Angelictj - Lost City
    Angelictj - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm sure the Team is working on this. but I think they said that it isnt happening to them on their office computers. hmmm...
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When I sent in a support ticket with a dxdiag and hijack this, I was told to update my graphics drivers and check for spyware and viruses. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Naku - Lost City
    Naku - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    this is getting out of hand GMs.... ever since the last patch... I can't even set up catshop without getting disconnect every couple of hours... it's eatting through CPU like CRAZY! please fix this A.S.A.P.! Thank you!
  • groink
    groink Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I agree.
    Telling us to reload the client,that this many machines
    that were working perfectly well before the patch are
    all having hardware and driver problems and so on is
    not helping the problem.
    The patch is the problem.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_leak
This discussion has been closed.