Insergapwn - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Just curious to see what the average age of the playerbase is
Post edited by Insergapwn - Harshlands on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Looking at the average posts from players around the forums, I'd say the average age of the pk server players is around 5, and and the pve server players seems to be around 18 or so.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Insergapwn - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Looking at the average posts from players around the forums, I'd say the average age of the pk server players is around 5, and and the pve server players seems to be around 18 or so.

Lets not turn this into a "PVE players are better than PVP players" hey b:kiss

But then again I'm not suprised as in every game I've played there's always been PVE'ers who have aired an arrogance that they think they are somehow better because they don't partake in barbaric bloodshed and mindless maiming of players
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If 5 year olds can comprehend the way this game works, kudos to them. I couldn't even fully play Super Mario RPG when I was a kid.

And I put myself down in 16-18, I'm 18.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lets not turn this into a "PVE players are better than PVP players" hey b:kiss

But then again I'm not suprised as in every game I've played there's always been PVE'ers who have aired an arrogance that they think they are somehow better because they don't partake in barbaric bloodshed and mindless maiming of players

=\ This would be right, except the PK players seem to have the arrogance and such. =_= Why else would they say we're on a carebear server?
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lets refrain from flaming whos more immature on which server before this thread gets closed >_> cause this poll is honestly kinda interesting, and hoping for more pple to put in their clicks. For my faction at least half of the higher and actives (or more than) are comprised of pple who are age 28+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited May 2009
    =\ This would be right, except the PK players seem to have the arrogance and such. =_= Why else would they say we're on a carebear server?

Unfortunately there's idiots in all groups you shouldn't tarnish everyone with the same brush just because a few in a group have issues, so of course there's arrogant people in both sects be it pvp or pve.

I hate the term carebear being used on pve people just because they don't like pvp action. The only true carebears are generally the ones who think they're uber preying on weaker players and running away with their tails between their legs when a challenge comes along, the ironic thing is they're the ones who generally call everyone else a carebear!
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Somewhat true what others has stated. I'm 25 and I hate being on this pvp server but I joined because my friend was on there and he guided me really well. And then I got my whole family to join too ...But now I wish it was on a friendlier server, lol. Nevertheless, we have fun and we have a great guild. But the pking is not for me.
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Unfortunately there's idiots in all groups you shouldn't tarnish everyone with the same brush just because a few in a group have issues, so of course there's arrogant people in both sects be it pvp or pve.

I hate the term carebear being used on pve people just because they don't like pvp action. The only true carebears are generally the ones who think they're uber preying on weaker players and running away with their tails between their legs when a challenge comes along, the ironic thing is they're the ones who generally call everyone else a carebear!

I'm on Lost City and I would be proud to be called a Carebear! :)
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm 15, so that person who voted under 16 isn't alone now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Akivasha - Dreamweaver
    Akivasha - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well im 33 and im glad to see there are at least a few others around my age. ive always loved gaming, have since i was nine. but i do somtimes feel intimidated when the crowd around me is so much younger.
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    From the few factions I've been in and the people that I've met randomly in this game the average age I've encountered is probably around my age (22)
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm 26 and have to say that it's like average age i've met till far ingame,inguild.But as for mind age of ppl i have to agree alot of 5 yrs old ppl,and i'm in an "carebear" server.
  • _Allysa_ - Dreamweaver
    _Allysa_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I, myself, am 20 yrs old. Most of the people in my faction are aged 19-22. Though I do know quite a few 26+ yr olds who play, and even a few 40+s.
  • Papa_bear - Dreamweaver
    Papa_bear - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I know one hell of an old man in my faction whats up buddy sarg b:shockedb:shocked
    Executor of Dominion

Papa "Papi" Bear 6x barb of lovin's O_O
    ImaDUDEirl - veno
  • Meridienn - Sanctuary
    Meridienn - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm well over 30 (over 40 actually) and I know of a handful of players who are anywhere from 40 to 70 on Sanctuary. I think many of the older ones just don't read the forums, so the counts on the older side are low.
  • BryanFury - Harshlands
    BryanFury - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i'm 26, my wife is 25 :)
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    19 here. lol @ beginning posts, hardcore pvp players are indeed 5, theyre a bunch of smart mouthed, arrogant, pretentious arsehats who think theyre better than everyone and have a right to put down anyone not on them :P.
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im 14 lol XD. There was a guy in my old LC faction who was 57.
    Wonhalt
  • Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear
    Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009

oh god that made me lol'd
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This game has the biggest range in age i have ever seen and i love it because u find real mature ppl and can have a great time with.

<---17
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chefstabs - Heavens Tear
    Chefstabs - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well i mostly play fps games this the first type game ive played since final fantasy 7-8-9 and iam 35 years old and i really enjoy the game ive meet people older than me soo there's a long range of ages that play
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lets refrain from flaming whos more immature on which server before this thread gets closed >_> cause this poll is honestly kinda interesting, and hoping for more pple to put in their clicks.

I second the notion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    Oceiot - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im 14 and barely know anyone my age, cept my friend on this game.
    It's a bunny :O
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You put 5 options for people under 30 and one for "30+?" You could have at least put options for 40+ and 50+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm in a fix since I'll be 19 in 5 days xD sooo i put myself as 19-22

Most of my friends are 30+ though lol... know one 50 year old xD
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
    edited May 2009
    You put 5 options for people under 30 and one for "30+?" You could have at least put options for 40+ and 50+.

Does it really matter when only 14% who answered are in that range ?
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I'm 6... girl.

You are totally wrong b:angry

Oh yea, the average age of a PvE server is a number between 1 and 99. With 1 having 0% chance and 99 having 9999999% chance. Like my math? It's teh 1337 hax.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • mistigrikitty
    mistigrikitty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    And some in my faction and friends are older than me.. :) but.. majority I met were between 12 and 24...
  • Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    18 here b:victory
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hehehe im 14 ^^. I always thought that teenagers played games, but I have been corrected....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.