Taming pet fail.

filixa
filixa Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
I'm level 9, and I was trying to tame level nine pet. I kept getting a failed message. Do I need to be a few levels higher than my target? If so how many above is good? Thanks so much!
Post edited by filixa on

Comments

• __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    get the beast down to half health before you try to tame it. It's easier to tame a wounded creature than 1 with full health.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It would also be best ot have it 1 or 2 lvls below you.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • filixa
    filixa Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Cool! I gained a level today, so I should be able to, if I'm understanding correctly. I had a friend of mine helping me get the poor thing down in health, but we eventually gave up. I think we had it to half health, so maybe I was just not the right level. Thanks so much! Here's to hoping I can tame things now... lol b:pleased
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    even with Tame at lvl 1 I can catch anything my level or lower. Just get it down to the last 6th of its life and tame it.
  • Xaix - Dreamweaver
    Xaix - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    and also somethin important the others forgot to tell u.....see if it is tamable first, (green/orange/red) icon near its name

Green = Easy to tame
    Orange = Not easy or hard to tame
    Red = Impossible to tame at the current level. Level urself up a little more( to its lvl or higher) than try it
  • leskald
    leskald Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I cannot learn Pet tame skill i am level 8 atm what is needed for this quest?? How can i finish quest of extending pet cage to 3 slots?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "W życiu chodzi o to, by być trochę niemożliwym."
    (Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde)
  • Twocuteforu - Dreamweaver
    Twocuteforu - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Leskald....Make sure u take up the quest from Pet Trainer **** in Lost City, quest name is Sacred Beast...U need to kill 20 rhinos near Broken Village, then u have to go nothwest of Broken village to the camp with 3-4 huts, and 2 fire's..there is 3 flowers in front of each door of the tents..use your net on the flowers, then click on the fire name *campfire* to cook the meat...then lure the beast to the flower...grats..Quest done then turn it in..Then with the trainer u have to pick the option *Tame Pet* and learn the tame pet skill....GRATS and happy taming :)