WARNING: Cube of Fate Griefing and other issues

dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Recently we have seen an increase of players abusing certain game mechanics within the Cube of Fate for the purposes of griefing other players.

We are issuing an official 'warning' that anyone caught griefing other players within the Cube of Fate will be subject to punishment. Play nicely, people. b:victory

Also, for those of you who haven't seen Xarfox's earlier post regarding certain technical issues with the Cube of Fate, here is the info he provided:

*WARNING*

Currently there is an issue with the Cube of Fate Room 50. When a player reaches room #50, and selects their reward choice, the player will be teleported into an empty Room #0. When this occurs, the player will have to use their Town Portal spell to return to Room #1, and then exit the Cube of Fate as normal.

*NOTE: If you take the Mysterious Cog, you WILL NOT be able to progress to room 60 to finish fixing the Cog. Until this issue is resolved, we advise all players to select the REWARDS PACK option.

We expect this issue to be resolved in the near future.

pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• Sagrath - Heavens Tear
    Sagrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    -PK's Dvorak in room 1-
    -:D-
    -Banned-
    -;-;-

Sorry, I'm bored.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Glad to see the GM's noticed this bug. ^_^ Muchos Kudos to you all. b:victory Take that, griefers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • SushiFishy - Heavens Tear
    SushiFishy - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Is that only for room one or also for other rooms like Bored and the higher rooms that are pk enabled ?.... I personaly rather get killed bye someone in room one and get ported to room one teleporter then when im in lets say room 45 open sesame and get ported back to room one. Happend to me a couple of times that someone killed me there and it sucks big time. Getting killed in room one is only a small annoyance and you dont lose anything with it eccept maybe a little from youre charm... In fact, it gets you to room 1 teleporter faster then walking XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Is that only for room one or also for other rooms like Bored and the higher rooms that are pk enabled ?.... I personaly rather get killed bye someone in room one and get ported to room one teleporter then when im in lets say room 45 open sesame and get ported back to room one. Happend to me a couple of times that someone killed me there and it sucks big time. Getting killed in room one is only a small annoyance and you dont lose anything with it eccept maybe a little from youre charm... In fact, it gets you to room 1 teleporter faster then walking XD

pk in room 45 is the way it was made. pk in room 1 is an unintended bug that was added.
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hrm can we get an answer about the COF secret letters. It seems to me you can purchase these and then do the cube another time in the same day. I personally didnt even look for the npc that wants them cause I dont want to do cube extra per day till lottery is back up and running.

However my question is will these be avalliable in the future- I think its awesome it that is how they work. I bought these letters cause of i was curious however seems to me many will be caught off guard by this. Could we get an offical answer on this seems important.

as for new OP I notice the GM said greifing and not killing. Leaves alot of gray area but I guess im glad. I just got finished with cube and as soon as i spawned 3 venos attacked me. To bad for them they picked the wrong spawner. All 3 venos died to aoe. Hope I didnt get anyone else but if i did i it was only once and by accident so not greifing right?
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This is the PK issue right? Thanks guys and girls, even if you did take two weeks and a day to decide to do something about it. b:thanks
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
    Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    *Cough Cough* Ban this fool -Edited due to forumrules- attacking my wife and many others as they port into the cube
    -Edited due to forumrules-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
  • sizzzzle
    sizzzzle Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol Nice job GMs, taking out the most exciting part of the cube. Just delete CoF from the game, that way there will be no more problems... oh wait.. take off PK and TW. It's easier that way.. oh wait.. there's more.. Uninstall... oh yeah.. Best choice ever!
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    sizzzzle wrote: »
    lol Nice job GMs, taking out the most exciting part of the cube. Just delete CoF from the game, that way there will be no more problems... oh wait.. take off PK and TW. It's easier that way.. oh wait.. there's more.. Uninstall... oh yeah.. Best choice ever!

Pfft, idiot...they're taking out the bugged PvP in the VERY BEGINNING of the CoF, when you teleport in. That shouldn't be an attacking zone. What's more, Blue Names can be attacked, no problem, there, when they shouldn't.

Get your facts straight before runnin' your mouth off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2009

You have no rights to exploit bugs/glitches even just to cause minor griefing to other players. It's in the ToS, as well as common sense.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Instead of or in addition to a ban, it may be more effective to just reset to zero the kill count of anyone caught exploiting the bug.
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    Holystic - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Instead of or in addition to a ban, it may be more effective to just reset to zero the kill count of anyone caught exploiting the bug.

Most of the people that are doing this could care less about the count, its more likely that they are bored and want to grief people. That's how they get their "kicks". I'm glad something is being done about this, thx GM b:victory
  • Mistigris - Heavens Tear
    Mistigris - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Finally. I'm blue name on a PvE server for a reason (I don't want to deal with pking) and being killed while loading into the CoF has been very annoying. I load slowly so I don't even get a chance to fight back, and having my HP charm tick repeatedly for no reason is frustrating. I pay for that thing and have it for a reason, after all.

So... does this mean that if I get killed in room 0 again I should screenshot it and report it? I'd love to see all the idiots doing this repeatedly banned. Ummm... that's banned for doing it repeatedly. Not banned a number of time. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    images by ForsakenX
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:victory Thanks for doing something about this, GM's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
    edited May 2009
    heres more proof
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
    edited May 2009

6/20/10 Last day
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Foxraikov please send a ticket to Customer Support as you are in a sense blacklisting people here on the forum which is against the forumrules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    not to be rude but, I've submitted many tickets on this and send plenty more screens with them. It's not my fault that the developers didn't patch up the cube of fate nor the fact the GMs seem to of loss care about this problem. I for one lost plenty and I can't stress it enough PLENTY of Hp charms because I'm getting attacked while loading in.

6/20/10 Last day
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Please correct me if this is in the wrong segment...
    I am under the impression that compleating the cube (though I havn't done so) allows people to get an arogear ticket.Iv herd two or so roumers over this.
    The first one is that the Aerogear tickets arent yet available and may be coming in future updates.
    the other roumer is that only really high leveled players can get them.

So GM's can you please clarify the Aerogear ticket situation? im sure theres quite a few people here that want to know what the situation is.
    again if this is in the wrong thread just let me know b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    People who QQ about cube should shush so the devs can fix the damn thing. I am sick of it eating up my town portal every time I finish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Finally some peace in the CoF beginning, thanks GMs.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
    edited May 2009
    People who QQ about cube should shush so the devs can fix the damn thing. I am sick of it eating up my town portal every time I finish.

Of course this person with this dumbass QQ If I was told by Gorgonia correctly it means crying and whining right? you for one have whined about the stupidest things don't try to act like you're the shtt when you really aren't
    and before you say anything I do have a character in Enrage (which I'm planing on deleting since don't cry about it)and I know all about your crying about oh KS this or I was blindsided in pk that

6/20/10 Last day
  • Snuggles - Heavens Tear
    Snuggles - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Please correct me if this is in the wrong segment...
    I am under the impression that compleating the cube (though I havn't done so) allows people to get an arogear ticket.Iv herd two or so roumers over this.
    The first one is that the Aerogear tickets arent yet available and may be coming in future updates.
    the other roumer is that only really high leveled players can get them.

So GM's can you please clarify the Aerogear ticket situation? im sure theres quite a few people here that want to know what the situation is.
    again if this is in the wrong thread just let me know b:bye

Afaik, there are no Aerogear tickets for completing cube. You do get a Page of Fate at lv 90+, which is used for level 99 sage/demon skills. There could possibly be something new at lvl 100+, would have to check with those that have done it that high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Camigirl - Sanctuary
    Camigirl - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Are the Mysterious Chip room's timers fixed yet?
    If not, pls fix those ^^
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawman
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Are the Mysterious Chip room's timers fixed yet?
    If not, pls fix those ^^

timers are much better since last patch or 2, reloging fixes the prob, at least temporarily
  • Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary
    Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i love telling people they can get banned for attacking in cube room1 i don't get killed but still better to be warned first and decision you make afterwards is up to you >:D
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    They are PKing now in the cube of fate entrace rigth now in Sanctuary server
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden