TT for non herc

Quetesh - Dreamweaver
Quetesh - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
I have a shaodu cub as a tank and I don't plan to get a herc simply because I don't use real money and it's quite hard to round up 20 mils for a herc...

I'm still in the low levels but I started to wonder about TT...

At what lvl will I be able to solo TT, which mode...

And one last question... is there a complete TT guide? By that i don't mean bosses...

I mean explanations on to what does 20-20-20, 2-1, 1-2 stand for... etc... Like a complete noob guide for TT.

Thanks in advance
Post edited by Quetesh - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I would like to know this as well.
  • prodaja
    prodaja Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, first of all its not that hard to get 20+mil and buy herc/nix with just in game money. All u need is good squad and few lucky FB runs (59,69) and u can make more than 2mil a day (not counting all other ways of getting coins).

As far as TT without herc goes, I would say (my veno is lev73 with Golem) u can do only solo mode alone (both 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1 are doable) and forget about doing any squad mode since no noncash pet has enough mag. defense to withstand boss attack.

Im sure that if u use Search tool ull be able to find all sorts of information regarding TT, including "noob" guides b:victory

Anyway, just to give u a glimpse....

1) 20/20/20 is a quest u get on level 67 - kill 3 different kind of mobs (20 each) in FB69.
    2) Names used for TT instances are formed from type of TT ur doing and level setting u chose when in those instances.
    3) Here is an "outside" link for more detailed explanation - Rookie guide

Really hope this help b:pleased
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've heard of people farming normal solo mode and getting a herc/nix. But I don't know if they were being truthful or not. b:shocked But if it's really your goal to get a legendary pet then just build up. The money you spend from 1-90 will exceed 20m by far. Just keep in mind that you want to buy a herc/nix and dont spend money on bs. Buy forces/feathers with whatever money you can and it will build up. Before you know it you will have 9999 feathers. ;o

And as a veno you should have no trouble soloing any solo mode with a regular pet...it just depends on your level. Anywhere around the level of the solo mode should do it.
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've heard of people farming normal solo mode and getting a herc/nix. But I don't know if they were being truthful or not.

IMO it'll be easier to farm and sell usub, than farm usub -> then do the TT runs, and then sell the pitiful amount of mats that do drop.
    Especially since TT1-1/1-2/2-1 mats are really cheap now.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    IMO it'll be easier to farm and sell usub, than farm usub -> then do the TT runs, and then sell the pitiful amount of mats that do drop.
    Especially since TT1-1/1-2/2-1 mats are really cheap now.

what's usub?
  • nqeib
    nqeib Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ultimate substance. Crafted from 5 fine lumber, anthracite, rubstone powder and refined steel. It's used to get extra bosses into TT, and for making TT equipment.
  • LunaLouts - Sanctuary
    LunaLouts - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, I've been running solo mode TT 2-1 to make coins for my herc, and so far it's been a pretty good cash-flow. In about a day a 1/2, I made around 1-1.2 Mill. Both Wulord and Feng ( last 2 of 3 bosses ) have a chance to drop a gold mat, which sell for around a mill each on sanctuary. I'm able to solo easy with my EPIC level 73 rocky :P. I'm Light armor, so my Heals are weaker then arcane. So would be even easier for arcane to keep pet alive, maybe even attack some. As with cub, I think you can solo 2-1 solo fine :o You just need level 8 ( I think o.O ) pet heal..At level 73. Keep in mind that 2-1 requires level 74 + to open up, I run with my husband <_< So thats why I can get in. Don't even bother with 1-1 1-2, Only 2 bosses in it and their mats don't cost all that much.

By the way, Takes 2 ult subs and about a 20~30 minute run :D

~Luna b:cute
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ^Sweet, gonna try that when i get my lvl 8 heal. I've just started working on a herc, and its going... slow. =/ Though not sure what the prices are at HT..
    *Semi retired*
  • Lyute - Lost City
    Lyute - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah TT2-1 is nice for soloing.

I usually get my ultimate sub money back from the mirages alone b:laugh