Looking for Rebirth Delta lvl 86+

Sylvae - Sanctuary
Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Currently in Legendary, we have been testing Rebirth Delta with various builds and classes, and have a set-up that works very well. The big problem is getting those exact slots on at the same time to actually get these runs done. So, for anyone who is lvl 86 and up, please check to see if you fit that role. If you do and have interest in performing runs, please list your name and class on here so that you can be friends listed for ease of forming groups and hopefully running Delta every day. Also include best times to start for you in game server time, since it will take hours the further you progress.

Current team composition:

1 Barbarian for aggro management
1 Axe Blademaster for aggro management/AoE damage
1 LA Wizard for Wizard's Breath
1 Archer for Barrage/ KB off clerics
2 Clerics

There is also another group that has run, using the traditional route.

Most needed spots seem to be barbarian and LA wizard, followed by Axe BM. Usually have archer and clerics, but if submitted we will defintely invite for slots needed. Don't care much about secrecy, as it seems jack assed to worry about that over getting the 2.1 mill xp, pages for mid skills, and unlocking of extra areas.
Post edited by Sylvae - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No veno role? How depressing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No veno role? How depressing.

Veno's just solo it. b:laugh

But seriously...it is rather isn't it? b:sad
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hmm Level 90, Vitality-built Axe Blademaster here to assist if necessary. Hope you guys use voice chat or something. I'm not overtly worried about completion, as I know it's very complicated.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I can join depending on how much HP you want your archer to have. Feel free to PM me in game. For this week and next, i'll be online from 6pm to 10pm PST. A whole lot more on weekeneds.

After that, just add 12 hours to that time... :P

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • BigPunisher - Sanctuary
    BigPunisher - Sanctuary Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I would love to do Rebirth Delta with you guys. I'm usually available at 7-10pm game time.

Pm me ingame, add me as friend and we can go together since I don't do anything but wasting money anyway.

b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im on funneh times but once im on, im logged for hrs most of the time.
    Cleric for the picking <_< I swap gears for DEF so if you see me in 80s armour then thats not my DEF set XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Even though I am not required level, I still feel the urge to say the following:

Its really nice for Legendary to welcome others outside of their own faction to explore an 'unknown' with them. It really says something about their character as a faction.

My only regret is not being of the required level. I wish you all the best of luck. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • LiuYuanDe - Sanctuary
    LiuYuanDe - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Why no venos b:shedtear
    edited May 2009
    Why no venos b:shedtear
    their still in the testing process?
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sylvae you suck!
    I flame you FLAME for not having a veno role b:angry
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Sylvae you suck!
    I flame you FLAME for not having a veno role b:angry

First off, pthbbbbttt :)

As to why no veno currently, the main reason to have one of each is that you gain extra beans to set another lvl 1 aura. While good, it does leave you open to failure currently without 2 clerics for a few reasons.

Sleeper waves/ranged assaults. All it takes is someone being too busy, missing when a hit is needed, or just not being close enough AoEing and the mobs that use sleep go right along the side and sleep the bubbler. With only 1 cleric, automatic party wipe. 2 means even if 1 falls, they spam heal area/razor feathers until their chi is full once more and bubble again.

Secondly, it's an 86+ area and dseigned as such. If you don't have high lvl end game gear with good refinement, the extra healing helps out when one person accidentally gains too much aggro. Gives them time enough to get a KB off or another person to use aggro skill. Stuns don't always work on mobs, as many are immune.

Two clerics also makes using TT90 weapon safer with the extra healing. Timing it right you have the healing effect always on your characters when you get the heal times to hit every 2.5 seconds for what seems a non-stop stream of healing.

Finally the current team composition occurred because of getting people to volunteer the time for very early tests. No veno ever volunteered, but 2 clerics and the BMs were always up for trying it out. The first group was 4 BMs and 2 clerics :) Now that we have changed out slots as needed, and narrowed it down to what works, I have very little interest in changing it again to try new ways that cost more daily badges unless a good reason presents itself further into rebirth.

As for times I can do it, it is usually 6 am-12 pm if needed, wednesday and thursday is my weekend so can do different times then.
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    DarkRings - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Simply....you need more DD(s).
  • Guenn - Sanctuary
    Guenn - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The traditional set up would probably work better with a squad of people at least 94-95+....just like the previous lvls...pretty much 80+ got teh job done everytime with experienced players...and dont worry Byno...u can come on my runs when holy isnt available lol
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    oh oh me meXD if u need an archer feel free to contact me 2 see if i am free.
    IGN:SuiRyuJin (forum name isnt properly caped)

using soulsmasher+5 with 2 flawless garnet
    i have a 4.2k unbuffed hp as a pure dex archer
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    venos, the most hated class in the game... i give up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    venos, the most hated class in the game... i give up

Less veno hate, and more the group started with the people who volunteered. 2 Clerics 4 BMs -> 2 clerics, 3BMs, 1 Barb -> 2 clerics, 2 BMs, 1 barb, 1 archer-> current. It isn't the only squad formation, but the things we have found to work are based on squad composition while playing through.

As for more damage, we had the barb, bm, and archer with the 2 clerics through all of stage 2. Up till the final wave, every wave was finished before the next arrived. Dropped aggro onto one of the clerics with no pick up is what finished that run. With the wizard, mobs would be dead faster and aggro split more evenly with the extra constant damage.

2 things cause failures in this squad comp. People focusing on being damage dealers more than aggro management. The archer and wizard are primary DDs, the BM and barb are supposed to focus on taking aggro as needed and dealing dmg while doing so. When they focus on just killing, they do not notice people taking aggro and can die. The nice thing is, with 2 clerics it is easier to make it through that.

Not getting the ranged mobs early enough. Left alone, they will start killing the clerics with full aggro going to just one. When the wave comes in, the two melee should start moving the melee mobs towards the archers and BM should stun. Or archer can run behind them and KB them closer. Getting a few into the wizard's DB means split aggro and plenty of time to kill them.

Main reason to have one of each, is to get the 500 extra beans; which is 1 extra aura. This will usually go to either defense or eventually healing aura to make up for the lack of 2nd cleric. With 2 clerics, you don't need the extra 500 since you have more healing that even the auras provide, but you keep getting more healing each time attack aura boosts from BB.

And since with the current set up works just fine damage-wise, even without 90 TT weapons on everyone, not much reason to drop the 2nd cleric. Checked the stats of all the mobs that come through the waves, and the mobs do not ramp up in health enough for it to matter with all 4 DDs there. And there are lulls where most of/all of the party can loot the chests and run the quests to get all those beans.

So it ends up being the same, just with more safety in the beginning going dual cleric. Not the only way to do it, but unless there ends up being a very good reason to change it, don't see a point in doing so at the moment. Someone else can test that out :)
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Have you tried it with 2 archers <no wiz>?

I know RB Gamma is a totally different deal, but the mobs seem to die faster with two archers <with high lvl barrage> compared to archer+wiz combination.

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Have you tried it with 2 archers <no wiz>?

I know RB Gamma is a totally different deal, but the mobs seem to die faster with two archers <with high lvl barrage> compared to archer+wiz combination.

~Morgul

Strangely enough, we did do a 2 archer run recently when we couldn't find an LA wizard to go. Worked great, we got kinda screwed by our BM though. Once we entered, they said they might have to leave before run ends. After orders were used. Then they logged during stage 1. Damage was still good, but without the extra aggro grabbing, stuns, and heaven's flame we finally fell near the end of stage 2. Also was the most hectic run I've done, having to call waves, get auras, explain to people what to do, what areas to be in, almost completely new squad working together, etc. Big P was excellent at doing lures and aggro, and kagura_o did very well for a relative newcomer to rebirths.
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    I really want to try Rebirth Delta sometime. I have my barrage at 8. The only problem is that I'm only 87 and pure dex. So, I might not have enough HP to withstand the damage.

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    this thread officially dead? =o
  • HatsuneMiku_ - Sanctuary
    HatsuneMiku_ - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just so u know I've solo healed in the group to make it the furthest on our server 2 clerics is not needed just need a good one :) (also this was before i was in TT90)
    Also you will learn what classes are needed more as u progress further i take it u haven't made it into the 3rd stage yet ?
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    this thread officially dead? =o

Pretty much. Most of the people on this thread, aren't online during the time I am. Have tried PMing all the people who volunteered, save archers since we always had them. Only BigP was the one who would be on during 6AM -12PM time frame. Did 1 other run after the one with BigP, had reservations about bringing in a mid 90 archer who was stated for traditional parties.

The damage ended up being so bad, we couldn't afford to have an archer down like in the previous run. So with everyone front, we made it to boss and started peeling people off. The barb and mid 90 archer together couldn't do the dmg our lvl 89 archer was doing solo on the last run. So I said we needed both barb and archer to stay since the dmg wasn't good enough. Go off to get a soda since all I was doing was BBing what should have been an easy kill. Come back and archer decided to take off for chest running. Big surprise, we did not have the damage to finish it before destroyer came.

That's why I have always wanted to avoid traditional partiers from gamma. Their builds do not deal enough dmg to work with 2 clerics, and they ignore the correct advice they are given. After that, didn't feel like wasting my badges. Either a static party, or 2 static parties that can have a pick of 2 people per role is best way to do 2 cleric party. Teaching and reteaching people is tedious enough, without adding wrong builds and not listening into the mix.

For everyone who did post to join, don't give up on getting in a group; but it is helpful to post time frame you can be in and try forming groups with eachother. Would recommend forming a static one till you get it down, and narrow down which person is properly built for your specific team composition.
  • poorteg
    poorteg Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hmm im interested in trying delta, level 95 LA wiz

boooost
  • TraLi - Sanctuary
    TraLi - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, Well, this is a bit late for a reply to this post... I can be on at pretty much any time of day that you want. I'd really like the chance to do RB Delta, so PM me when you are on. I know you probably won't need me though since Legendary has such a high number of active clerics anyway. b:cute
    ~TraLi
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    LA Wiz any time i normally be online 16 hrs on PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Dirty_PEET - Sanctuary
    Dirty_PEET - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm definately in for trying it out.. anything to change it up a little.. I got over 19k HP if you need a pure tank... just give me a shout usually on between 6am-10pm server time...