7-11 Blues

Options
Flieyah - Dreamweaver
Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
When I heard the game cards would be available at 7-11 I was really happy. There are a lot of them all over the place and I could hit at least 2 of them on the way to and from work, instead of going out of my way to go to Target.

Unfortunately, it seems as I will have to go to Target anyway, since of the 4 7-11s that I tried (yes i'm persistant) not only did not have the card, but had no idea of they were or ever were going to recieve it. All I got was the stock answer "If it's not out there, then I guess we don't have it."

This has been in the Tampa Bay area, in FL. Has anyone else been running into this problem?
"What we do is what you just can't do."
b:cool
Post edited by Flieyah - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Necrotixx - Sanctuary
    Necrotixx - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I had the same problem, I went to about 5 7-11's when i was walking around. They said that they didn't have any and that they probably weren't gonna get them. I had to go to target to get the last card.
  • Rev - Dreamweaver
    Rev - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Out of 2 7-11's that I visited. 1 had 10 cards and 1 did not have any.
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Aren't the cards at 7-11 and target the same? Can they tell if certain cards cam from target or from 7-11?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I don't know how the 7-11 franchise works, but it is possible if they have company owned and privately owned locations, the cards may be more prevalent in company owned stores and optional in the privately owned stations.

That kinda sorta rhymes... o.O lol

I have heard from an in-game friend that lives in Idaho that a Target near her also does not have the cards.

One possibility is that the cards are fairly new, with 7-11 being the newest place to carry them. It might take a little while for the cards to get distributed to the different areas, depending on how many cards 7-11 or Target has to distribute. If you're in an area with Target and 7-11 stores, at least you have two options to check out. In my area we have no 7-11 stores at all, but at least we have two Targets. lol I have yet to see if they carry the cards though... it's much easier for me to just use my bank card to get zen instead of driving to Target. ^^
  • NeroACH - Sanctuary
    NeroACH - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Theres 5 7/11s in my area and 3 out of 5 have em. I cleaned out 1 of em b:laugh. The target in my area however doesnt have em. I work in the retail/sales industry and i can tell ya, It could be a while at some targets. New items tend to sit in the back for weeks or months before they get around to utting them on the floor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    THE TARGET CARDS WILL NOT WORK FOR THE BAD PANDA PROMOTION.

Only the 7-11 cards count - they have different code ranges on them so PWE is going by the codes to give people entries. Only cards bought at 7-11 will count in the Bad Panda raffle!

If you go to a 7-11 and they don't have any, stand up for yourself and press the issue - ask them to CHECK in the back. The one I went to didn't have any at all on the shelves. When I went up to the counter to ask, I was talking to the owner. He knew that a shipment had just come in that morning, went back, and got them for me.

Other employees who just run the cash register might not know that they are in the back, so make them check. They're new to the stores and not all of them will be on top of stocking the shelves or know exactly what came in when. So make 'em check for you ^x^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • silaba
    silaba Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Got mine from 7-11 two days ago. At first, I couldn't find it at the game stand, then I asked cashier and she had no clue either.
    Luckily the owner was there and found them, still inside the box.
    So, you might need to ask the owner as the Perfect World prepaid card is still new to them and might not be at the game stand yet.
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Look for the gaming cards where they keep the phone cards and you will find them ... if the 7-11 has them.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)