Suggestions on Genie Skills

Kott - Sanctuary
Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
What would be good skills to develop with genies for a Cleric?

There are just so many... I'm not sure which to develop... b:surrender
Thank you for any replies.
Post edited by Kott - Sanctuary on

Comments

• StrongWings - Sanctuary
    StrongWings - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i am going for these:

Blade of Supreme Heat LV%d

Range 25 meters
    Energy %d
    Stamina %d
    Instant
    Cooldown 5 seconds
    Requisite Class All

Calls a blade of heat to attack the target.
    Causes %.1f fire damage and %.1f physical damage.
    Reduces target's metal resistance by 20% for 5 seconds.

Strength: Every Genie Strength point increases the damage by 1%.
    Dexterity: Every 40 Genie Dexterity points increases the duration by 1 second.

Causes double damage to very close targets.

Relentless Courage LV%d

Energy %d
    Stamina 180
    Instant
    Cooldown 30 seconds
    Requisite Class All

A courageous song that improves your battle prowess.
    Increases you attack speed by %d, your movement speed by 30%,
    and your channeling speed by %d. Lasts for 8 seconds.

Dexterity: Every 20 Genie Dexterity points increases all effects by 1%.

U can check skill tree at http://www.nomorepasting.com/getpaste.php?pasteid=26126

I have white genie. Like the increase of flying speed. The first skill i choose because of -20% of metal resistance. Leveling this skill is not neccessary so much because each lvl increases stamina cost. So just lvl it until the energy cost is resonable (it decreases ech lvl). The second one i choose because of +running speed - good for fb when i always had to ask ppl to slow down and wait for me lol but + channeling speed is also nice b:pleased
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have gear with speed adds, so staying behind isn't much of a problem anymore.

Thank you for the advice.

I have both white/pink pixies. I like the pink more, so would need to check up for skills on it.

The white just freaks me out....
    edited May 2009
    I think that genie's color does not affect its skills just the first - initial skill. Here u can see how will genies evolve with the lucky points: http://www.ecatomb.net/fairy-genies.php
    The pink one is nice too b:pleased
    I was thinking and I am considering two other skills very good:

Extreme Poison LV%d

Range 25 meters
    Energy %d
    Stamina %d
    Instant
    Cooldown 1 second
    Requisite Class All

Injects the target with a weakening poison.
    For %.1f seconds, increases damage received by the target by 20% .

Dexterity: Every 10 Genie Dexterity points increases the damage by 1%.

Tree of Protection LV%d

Energy %d
    Stamina 200
    Instant
    Cooldown 60 seconds
    Requisite Class All

Summons a Tree of Protection.
    Increases max HP by %d for 5 seconds.
    Restores full HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.

Dexterity: Every 40 Genie Dexterity points increases the max HP duration by 1 second.

The Extreme Poison is maybe better than the Blade of Supreme Heat.. increase damage by 20% and to all forms of attack but i dont know how much it will last some ppl say that 10sec at lvl10

The Tree of Protecion can be really life saver. Fully heals u two times b:victory
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    blade of supreme heat is actually useless. amp > weak damage from genie. besides, extreme poison is a curse, not an attack.
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The description on tree of protection seems faulty. It heals you in two bursts, the first one occuring a few seconds after you initiate the skill.

It would be insanely useful for some classes, and has its uses for clerics... but not that many.

I still have it right now; not sure whether I'm going to keep it. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think Tangling Mire is another useful skill for a cleric. AoE phys def debuff (28% phys def reduction at lvl10).

spark>tangling mire>razor feathers... pwnage :)
    edited May 2009
    Yup, description of Tree of Protecion is bugged. The correct should be:

Tree of Protection LV%d

Energy %d
    Stamina 200
    Instant
    Cooldown 60 seconds
    Requisite Class All

Summons a Tree of Protection.
    Increases max HP by %d for 5 seconds.
    Restores 25% of max HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.

Dexterity: Every 40 Genie Dexterity points increases the max HP duration by 1 second.

But still good I think. Yesterday it saved me once. Someone called me to revive her and as happens sometimes she was in the middle of the horde of enemies. So I had to kill them all and my charm and plume shell was not enough. So I used the Tree and survived, killed them and revived happy person b:victory

I was thinking and I will replace Blade of Supreme Heat by Relentless Courage. I love idea of faster running in fb and tt and the genie's skill are too expensive to be used in normal everyday pve grinding.

I was computing it and when u decompose the lvl1 weapon (most efficient way to get stamina) u get for about 3k coins just 1.5k stamina. So it is 2 coins for one stamina. Mana point are just 1 coin for 3 mana (mp charm for 300k gives 900k mana). So one point of genie's stamina is the same as 6 points of mana. So skill for 200 stamina is the same as skill for 1200 mana b:sad

But still I love my genie and Tree of Protecion and Relentless Courage are stamina most wise skills b:pleased