AS A CLERIC: Which genie? What skills? What Attributes?

Fortuitous - Lost City
Fortuitous - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
please help. i don't know what skills to be looking at and what attributes should be important for me as a cleric. Maybe because i already have high mag i shouldn't go for the genie that has higher mag? or maybe i should get that one for that reason.

Does anyone have any answers or opinions of what they think's best?
Post edited by Fortuitous - Lost City on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    as for which genie? that doesnt mater much
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erky - Heavens Tear
    Erky - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't know either, asking myself the same thing.

But so far i've got this:
    Zeal - More attacks + MP recharge (MP recharge i find useful as cleric so im going to level that one)

Longevity is Aoe attacks and buffs. No clue which buffs etc.. but i've heard its most useful for archers, with critical rate etc..

Infliction is for Stun BMs in TWs etc i've heard. Nothing else.

And discipline, No clue.

So im going to "chance" level up my Zeal for now.
    Based on my regular luck, zeal is probably the worst to level up...always choose the wrong things, but whatever.
  • Erky - Heavens Tear
    Erky - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    come to a new conclusion,

It doesnt really matter which genie you choose, the diffrences is:
    The attributes, one starts with 15mag, another with 15 dex etc..
    Then the looks and their first skill, which isnt very good and you will drop it.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Eh... What? AFAIK the only difference is base stats and 1lvl skill. I've discipline on my main (starting skill was 5 sec flying speed +50% buff, what a shame) and zeal on my new alt - but where you get that mp recharge? i have only minor def/mdef debuff ("earthflame") 0_0
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think the topic asks it all, but to elaborate as I too have this question. As clerics we will no doubt want different builds of our genies then barbs, mages, etc.

1) What attributes should we focus on? I assume this will be like how me create our builds. Such as every 10 levels put so many into str, so many into dex, so many into int, etc. This would be based on getting only the base 1 stat point for level giving 10 total points. Then based on this formula we can distribute the random 10 lvl points attributed. So if you say in 10 levels (10 points) you put 1 in str, 1 in dex, 2 in Vit and 4 in Int and you get 20 random points in your 10th level then you would put an additional 2/2/4/8 respectively. Knowing this also would determine what genie is desirable to have. For instance if the formula above were true then we'd know Zeals were the best for clerics because they start with a base Int higher then the rest. Effectively giving 10 extra stat points to Int. This wouldn't mean other genies are "unfixable" over time as you could short a stat to catch up over many levels of stating/leveling, but at least shows the best to start with if you are buying one with mirages.

2) Which affinities to focus on and again what's the best break down of points for each set of 10 levels. This would in turn help determine....

3) Which skills to get.

I would assume that genies for PvE and ones for PvP would differ in builds, affinities and skills. So this would mean two sets of answers for 1,2 and 3 above. Given that you can have more then one genie in your inventory you could have one for each situation. It might be expensive, but worth it.

So anyone that has any insight or thoughts on the above please share. I know that genies are new, but I'd like to hear and discuss build ideas and reasoning.

Lastly a few add on questions:

- Anyone know the exact purpose of growth. It seems all genies are at 50. Can we change this?

- Some one mentioned a mana regen skill. I only noticed hp and mp lvl 1 water skill and it had to be used while in the water. I did not see one for mp only.

- Anyone else concerned about the number of inventory slots consumed here? I posted to GMs asking for an inventory and safe extension stone sale soon. Shoot them a ticket if you feel teh same and maybe they'll listen

- What levels do you get genie quests on? I have only see lvl 19 and 49

- Do any other NPCs give genie exp stones or quests for them? Do they drop from mobs? Can they be purchased for either in game coins or gold?

- What do you think the most effective way to level a genie apart from the genie stones is? Convert exp or convert spirit. It seems that by converting exp you obviously slow your leveling rate so now quests will not level you as quickly and you'll need to spend more time grinding. However using spirit means that you will have less left over for your own skills to level. Are genie skills more effective or useful then our own?

Cheers
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    please help. i don't know what skills to be looking at and what attributes should be important for me as a cleric. Maybe because i already have high mag i shouldn't go for the genie that has higher mag? or maybe i should get that one for that reason.

Does anyone have any answers or opinions of what they think's best?

First look here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2613761&posted=1#post2613761
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The post you copied only lists the base facts, which are helpful (i.e. what does str do, etc).

What I am talking about is a forum for discussion and debate on best practices for PvE and PvP genies for a cleric. It is similar in debate to best builds for clerics. Everyone will have an opinion. I was just wondering what people thought.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The post you copied only lists the base facts, which are helpful (i.e. what does str do, etc).

What I am talking about is a forum for discussion and debate on best practices for PvE and PvP genies for a cleric. It is similar in debate to best builds for clerics. Everyone will have an opinion. I was just wondering what people thought.

Too early to tell. They just came out.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Stupid question, but

WHICH ONE IS ZEAL?
    I can't find it...
  • HikariHinata - Heavens Tear
    HikariHinata - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Stupid question, but

WHICH ONE IS ZEAL?
    I can't find it...

the 1 that starts with 15 of magic
    01001100 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01010001 01010001 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01001110 01111001 01110101 01001110 01111001 01110101 00100001 00100001 00100001
    b:thanks
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tree of Protection = Life Saver in parties. Just in case u have to tank a mob for a moment but also still heal other party members. Its pretty awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tree of Protection = Life Saver in parties. Just in case u have to tank a mob for a moment but also still heal other party members. Its pretty awesome.

yes but its only for water isnt it?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Um.... I don't think so.... I have it on my barb & it saved my bum a few times already. I might be mixing up names, but I'm pretty sure this is the one. EDIT: found it.

Tree of Protection LV%d

Energy %d
    Stamina 200
    Instant
    Cooldown 60 seconds
    Requisite Class All

Summons a Tree of Protection.
    Increases max HP by %d%% for 5 seconds.
    Restores full HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.

Dexterity: Every 40 Genie Dexterity points increases the max HP duration by 1 second.

I also want to try Evil Ward - the one that stops all damage (i think... the names are all messed up in my head now)
  • Skylvote - Lost City
    Skylvote - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Have a look to:

lvl 2 BLAME OF SUPERIOR HEAT
    lvl 5 rainbow blessing:
    lvl 8 Element Weak
    lvl 10 Weakness
    lvl 14 Faith
  • nugget1983
    nugget1983 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I just need someone to tell me where the quests are and when I need to move to the next city for the quest.b:angry
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if anything Holy Path is the best cleric skills ever. Why? Because you can catch up to your party now in FBs and TTs. In addition running at 15m/s has saved my butt and my squad when we were about to get a squad wiped when a lure goes wrong. Turn it on and the only one dead is the tank while everyone else ran away faster than the boss and his mobs. b:laugh

Also fun is turning it on at random times to try and get them to run into the walls. XD
  • Aegyan - Dreamweaver
    Aegyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I went with the Zeal (gold) genie as well. I was given the Infliction (red, pink) from the quest, but bought the gold to have the starting points in Mag (extra skill at 40, incr. mp recovery)

Slowly leveling her up on spare SP, as I experiment with skills.

The starting skill, Earthflame, I have yet to delete. Explanation: In my guild, we spend the weekends helping out lower leveled members with FBs, bosses, etc. Myself, and another cleric my level, have found this skill to be quite handy. In fb39, we can handle the small mob agro's, (3-4 at once) but it can get a bit hairy at times, and is still easier to lure (safer). Particularly with the boss' guards. Earthflame gives us a veno skill, basically. We switch back and forth, and lure them off 1 at a time with earthflame, to cover the cooldown time. Works like a charm!

Tree of Protection: The other cleric I work with, swears by this, and I will alter to it soon as well. Obviously a good, save your butt skill when in a tight spot. We all know what those are like...

Rainbow Blessing: I'm being stubborn and giving this one a chance still, but losing any hope of usefulness. Nice little bonus for 8 seconds, but will it make any real difference in situations? Not so much...

Wind Shield: One of our higher level barbs loves this, and I may give it a go. Seems like another "oh hell, get me out of here!" skill. Cast and run - fly...

I'm interested in hearing what others are finding useful, and will follow this thread.

As for genie stat builds, well of course that depends on the skills you go with. Mine as of now, are heavy on the Mag, going to 40. Dex, because the skills I am choosing are Dex modified. Some Vit, although will take some investment to significantly raise the energy level to a useful number. And I will take the Str away when I can get the scroll, since it wont be needed on my build.

1st real genie build, and if I **** it up, well, I'll just have to get another and start again.
  • Keilasaurus - Sanctuary
    Keilasaurus - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Much kudos to Aegyan for that. :)

I actually went Discipline -- a decision that was based primarily on looks (and the fact that she was my first genie and I didn't want to spend 3 mirages for another, hah!)

I was actually going to do the same build you mentioned, based off of a barb in my faction who is intending his genie to become "full support". I'm increasing Magic to 40 but stopping at that -- I really don't see how I'd use and/or want more than 4 skills. I may change my mind later on this but I'm still experimenting. I'm distributing the rest of my points in Dex/Vit. Since Discipline starts with 15 Vit in the first place, I'm more heavily distributing points into a higher Dex.

I also advocate for Tree of Protection. I was in FB69 and accidentally lured aggro from the barb and had a nice, handy heal while I was still able to heal the main tank (he had a mob on him).

I have a question though: How exactly is Rainbow Blessing going for you, Aegyan? I saw it and immediately wanted it. However, when I went to get the skill, I saw that the effect only lasts for 8 seconds and the attribute you get is totally random so I held off from it a bit until I got further feedback. Is this skill totally a waste?

There's a list I have at home with desirable cleric skills (that I compiled based on my personal playing style), but I'm not at home right now so I'll either edit or reply to this again later. There's an AOE cleric guide on this forum so I thought the "Nullify Poison" skill (Level 3, I believe -- I may be wrong) would be great when fighting wood mobs. Also, this ISN'T a cleric skill but there's a level 14 (I believe) skill for Veno's that allows the Veno to switch their targets HP/MP (like a soul transfusion for clerics/others). I thought this would be useful if you either grind with a venomancer on a daily basis or have them in a party for FBs/TWs/bosses. Encourage them to get it! >:D
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    - Tree of Protection
    - Extreme Poison
    - Rainbow Blessing
    (still experimenting with different ones)

* Reminder though: It does not really matter which genie you chose. It is just all in the starter stats. And in terms of the stats, everyone will have a different take on them because of how they want there genies build to be and the skills they are using. However, below is what each of the stats mean for the Genie:

What are STR, DEX, VIT and MAG stats on my genie mean?

STR: Determine damage out put of skills
    DEX: Determine effect of skills -duration
    VIT/WIL: MP pool
    MAG/INT: MP Recovery and the skills learnable (each 50 INT = +1 MP recovery).

STR: 1 point of str adds about 1% damage to a genies skills
    DEX: 1 point of dex increases the range, duration and success rate of status effects
    VIT/WIL: 1 point of vit increases the max energy of your genie by 1
    MAG/INT: 40 points of magic gives your genie 1 more skill slot to learn a skill 50 points of magic increases the energy recovery rate by 1/sec

STR:More bang for your buck on damaging (and possibly healing) skills
    DEX:More bang for your buck on durational skills
    VIT:Allows you to use more expensive (and powerful) skills, as well as chaining them together
    INT: Allows you to use skills more frequently, and with more variety

Genie Guide
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Tree of protection skill requires 1 affinity point in water earth and wood
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    Reinef - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So I originally started typing a response in this thread but it got so long I felt it may be more appropriate to start a new one. If you want some good starting points just check it out. It is in no way meant to be a guide, but just me sharing some of the knowledge I've gained since the release =)
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=287521
  • Aegyan - Dreamweaver
    Aegyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Just sharing my observations...

As I said, I am losing hope in Rainbow Blessing, it's random what effect it will give, and is only 8 seconds, so it's not gonna make or break any kind of situation you find yourself in. Which, is primarily how I am looking at my genie.

I have to level the poor girl up again, for another affinity point so I can add Tree, and then will try Wind Shield...

I like the sound of the nullify poison as well, might be handy for grind. Thanks for pointing that one out. It would be just like me to forget to purify in time, and be **** up. b:shocked