Tips for killing Taurox Marksman

diamonte
diamonte Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
Hi,

I need some help with the marksman. Their fast, I try to use my fastest casting spells, but that doesn't help. I've used the speed channeling potion, that doesn't help. I've even used the debuff potion because when I start killing, I'm stopped and I can't move for a while, so I'm getting plummeted with arrows. Chromatic Seal (lvl1) doesn't do much...cause it's lvl1.... And I've used the potion to add more wood, but really that doesn't do much.

b:cry

I may have answered my own questions, I just macro'd the two fastest channeling spells Plume Shot and Great Cyclone. However, I still would like to know what other people think about this. And do the potions that we can make at the apothecary, do they really work and if so, which ones?
Post edited by diamonte on

Comments

• jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    As a cleric when I did that quest, I casted a couple Ironheart Blessings then shot Cyclone to slow them down, then Plume, then Cyclone, etc. etc.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm LA Cleric and I've always been tanking any mob, no kiting, just hitting a wellspring if needed. To have problems with tauroxes or any other mob that means that you have too low hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    diamonte wrote: »
    I may have answered my own questions, I just macro'd the two fastest channeling spells Plume Shot and Great Cyclone.
    That's your mistake. If cleric can not kill mob fast enough, he must use ironheart blessing. How much to IH, it depends - from 1-2 here and there on simple mobs to IH-cyclone-IH-cyclone-... when soloing bosses.

Also, potions that add elemental damage do NOTHING for spells. They are for melee fighters and archers.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I just use plume.cyclone and ironheart then plume and cylcone.It is the interrupts that are getting to you try and back away.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Um... dude, they are like stacked 5 at once lol... of course you will get owned trying to take them all at once...

My tip, don't worry about defense at all! Seriously... you need to own them faster with a better weapon and pump more Mag (Just own 1 and run like hell, then come back and own the rest). I remember I had around 1.5k avg + magic attack and level 10 Plume, level 10 Cyclone, and I think level 4 Spark's Gift.

The way I owned those guys is charge up my spark to full... And have a really kick-**** weapon.. Basically your Magic Attack should be around 1.5k avg + (recommended).

Hunt down single monsters wandering around to charge up your spark... Then double Ironheart Blessing yourself to the extreme!! Then spark yourself... to the xtreme!! Also, use a healing potion you have... to the extreme!! Kill one marksman before the others kill you! (You can extremely land 3 Plume or 2 Cyclone/2 Plume with one spark, which should make the monster die really fast) Then... run... like hell!!!!

repeat above
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ... Um... cast ironheart, do cyclone or plume & RUN!!!!!! b:shocked so the mob wouldn't get a chance to stop & shoot, while running cast cyclone to slow them down & not catch up.
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Archers types can be a pain for us Clerics, but I’ve found the following chain usually helps:

Plume Shot > Cyclone > Plume Shell > Plume Shot > Cyclone till death

If they’re Increased Life / Defence / Magic Resistance, I change to this:

Plume Shot > Cyclone > Plume Shell > Ironheart > Plume Shot > Cyclone till death

I’m a Robe full Magic Cleric. I start my battles with them from maximum distance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Archers types can be a pain for us Clerics, but I’ve found the following chain usually helps:

Plume Shot > Cyclone > Plume Shell > Plume Shot > Cyclone till death
    If your plume shell is maxed, ih is far more mana-effective, even if you must to spam it.
    --
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If your plume shell is maxed, ih is far more mana-effective, even if you must to spam it.

My initial reply wasn't taking mana in to account. I'm one of those Clerics who doesn't mind Meditating between battles, so it's pretty immaterial as far as I am concerned.

My Plume Shell is nearly maxed, and thus I like to put it to use. I only ever get to do that when fighting Archer types. If I want to just carry on fighting, I'll put an IH in my next combo and leave P.Shell out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Get close to the mob. It's damage is halved just like a normal archer.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    And then the marksman will just kite you again. Nice strategy.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Nice indeed, because when they kite, they do not shoot.
    --
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nice indeed, because when they kite, they do not shoot.

which gives u no time to attack if u want to keep the half damage perk. just kite them, it's not hard.

when u hit it the first time, use plume shot. that gives it time to move with u as well as the others around it. now start using cyclone. others lose aggro because they're being ignored, this 1 continues following.
  • diamonte
    diamonte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    which gives u no time to attack if u want to keep the half damage perk. just kite them, it's not hard.

when u hit it the first time, use plume shot. that gives it time to move with u as well as the others around it. now start using cyclone. others lose aggro because they're being ignored, this 1 continues following.

That's a great strategy, I'll have to try that one
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ultimate strategy: *World Chat* *Yourname*: Paying 100k to whoever helps me with this quest ^^.

Thats what I do, but of course I buy gold and have a min of 10m in my bank at one time (Having no bills is a wonder ^^)
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    missqq wrote: »
    And then the marksman will just kite you again. Nice strategy.

You are a cleric. Rub the brain cells together.

Seals work pretty well I hear. b:chuckle
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Is it so hard to just use one ironheart in case you can't tank the mob? Why all this fuss?
    Really now, who actually kites mobs, you must be way too weak to need to kite and kitting wastes so much time while you can simply use one ironheart here and there. Also kitting is not so fun with archer mobs (reffering to those tauroxes).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kasiel - Lost City
    Kasiel - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I really cant remember having such a hard time with any of these mobs, tbh. What I did was find one or two of em together, cast ironheart and kite it with cyclone. It wont even hit you since it runs slow and your range is higher. I just kited em till they die. The other aggro mobs usually leave pretty soon.
  • Livedeath - Heavens Tear
    Livedeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Best to do it in squad with an archer or something. Always try to quest with squad unless the mobs are poison or ranged magic attacks. The exp gotten from completing quests are way better than from killing the mobs. Time spent trying to solo the mobs can be spent grinding on better mobs for exp/ease of killing.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you have to will to kite, just do as Forp said.

Or if you want to have a nice repair bill, do this.

GC>PS>GC>IH>GC>PS ........ the mob should be dead and you at full health.
    b:dirty
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    GC>PS>GC>IH>GC>PS ........ the mob should be dead and you at full health.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that one nalae.....and leave the kiting to the wizziesb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Talshina - Dreamweaver
    Talshina - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    And I've used the potion to add more wood, but really that doesn't do much.

I was under the impression that the apothecary items that add elemental power to attacks only affected MELEE attacks, and not skills. So unless you're swatting them with your wand, I'd say you don't need to use those items.

(Bad Taurox! *swat*)