Why are there so many rude people?

Options
Arieannah - Heavens Tear
Arieannah - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
every once in a while whenever i farm herbs for apothocary theres people (mostly girls) that appear out of no where and stand right beside me saying "dam you" and "wtf" or "you stole my herb!!"

...am i doing something wrong?
Post edited by Arieannah - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tieresius - Lost City
    Tieresius - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I can honestly say that's never happened to me...and I play on Lost City...which is notorious for the rudest, most ugly people on that game (PVP server).
    If that happens just ignore them. It's just a game. And no, you're doing nothing wrong.
  • Arieannah - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    XD haha thanks!! *phew* thought there was a system to who gets what XD
  • sarkastian
    sarkastian Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You're fine, they are just immature. Whoever gets it first, gets it. "I saw it first," doesn't get you anything. Pulling it out of the ground first gets you the herb.

I get similarly upset when someone else kills my target while I'm still charging/casting my attack, but it's the same deal. Their attack hit first, mine didn't, they get the credit (unless I already did substantial damage to it, then we both get credit).
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yeah just ignore them. Here is the most likely scenario: Person is farming the same area for an hour, they have a predetermined route and knows when the next one spawns. You come by and spot the herb you want and mine it. Now for whatever reason their route is destroyed and they must QQ about it. While they are QQing you spot another herb you need......

I have been called many things and i laugh and say "Well your pleasant :) have a wonderful day friend" which seems to infuriate them even more b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have been called many things and i laugh and say "Well your pleasant :) have a wonderful day friend" which seems to infuriate them even more b:chuckle

Yes. Be extremely polite, yet with a sense of irony b:chuckle
    Makes every a-hole go out of their mind b:sin
  • xperfectxzer0x
    xperfectxzer0x Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Never really noticed many rude people, I mean one time I asked someone where to find golems and they gave me 30k to help raise my pet and everything. However this game is highly advertised and I wouldn't be surprised if some immature kiddos will say some idiotic things. Also the girl thing might just be some perverted little kid that likes looking at bewbes. Not that I have a problems with that, half my characters are female and the graphics on this game are pretty legit. Not to mention it's pretty healthy, but yeah, just explaining the girl thing.
  • Mothra - Lost City
    Mothra - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well there are certain scenarios where the person is allowed to be mad. I was healing my friend one day while she was grinding, and she was clearing a path of monsters to get to an herb (as opposed to going to pick it and getting ****). Once the coast was finally clear, someone else came by and took it.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well there are certain scenarios where the person is allowed to be mad. I was healing my friend one day while she was grinding, and she was clearing a path of monsters to get to an herb (as opposed to going to pick it and getting ****). Once the coast was finally clear, someone else came by and took it.

I've done that at a lower level xD And did that to someone's wheel of earth.

Then i got a taste of my own medicine and stopped b:chuckle
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
    edited May 2009
    Options

O_O ...that must be one special herb....uh oh, that means im gunna die when i get to your lv trying to get that herb for apothocary T.T...why can't they just have REAL farms around the world (game) and the herbs don't dissapear when you farm them? then there wouldn't even BE this problem.ok i guess people would stop buying the herbs but a lot of high lv people who are lazy and can spare the cash would definatley by them.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yes. Be extremely polite, yet with a sense of irony b:chuckle
    Makes every a-hole go out of their mind b:sin

b:thanks XD OMG you people are AWSOME!!XD
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yeah just ignore them. Here is the most likely scenario: Person is farming the same area for an hour, they have a predetermined route and knows when the next one spawns. You come by and spot the herb you want and mine it. Now for whatever reason their route is destroyed and they must QQ about it. While they are QQing you spot another herb you need......

...your words T.T..

....there so beautiful T.T

...XD Hahahaha!

wow that made my day after so many hard exams XD
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    by farms, they do have LARGE patches of herbs in some areas xD Several places to find them.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    every once in a while whenever i farm herbs for apothocary theres people (mostly girls) that appear out of no where and stand right beside me saying "dam you" and "wtf" or "you stole my herb!!"

...am i doing something wrong?

You know I've always wondered what people think when that happens lol! For the most part I think most people are nice. A few Pkers in game and a few in the forums are dumb asses but most are kewl people. I farm to make money and I have my spot all figured out. So if someone comes along and needs a few things who am I to get mad about it? I even give them some stuff sometimes I have if I just farmed it and they needed it. So don't let the bad few ruin the game for you. b:bye
    edited May 2009
    Options
    by farms, they do have LARGE patches of herbs in some areas xD Several places to find them.

O_O......WHERE?!!!!!b:dirty

.....if you say its in an area with lv 60 monsters....i'll slap you >.>

(i have an alt cleric and die agianst monsters 3 LVS BELOW ME!!!..yeah i need apothecary...BADLY T.T)
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You know I've always wondered what people think when that happens lol! For the most part I think most people are nice. A few Pkers in game and a few in the forums are dumb asses but most are kewl people. I farm to make money and I have my spot all figured out. So if someone comes along and needs a few things who am I to get mad about it? I even give them some stuff sometimes I have if I just farmed it and they needed it. So don't let the bad few ruin the game for you. b:bye

XD, how do you have the patience to sell them? iv tried selling drops...after 5 min i was like : nope back to grinding T.T. i have the worst patience possible...thats probably due to the fact i can only play half od the day for 2 days each week T.T( i can't even play durring the summer cuz i have to go to china for vacation = no UNDERSTANDABLE internet)..sadly im a chinese that can't READ chinese T.T..oh well at least i can speak it XD
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    XD, how do you have the patience to sell them? iv tried selling drops...after 5 min i was like : nope back to grinding T.T. i have the worst patience possible...thats probably due to the fact i can only play half od the day for 2 days each week T.T( i can't even play durring the summer cuz i have to go to china for vacation = no UNDERSTANDABLE internet)..sadly im a chinese that can't READ chinese T.T..oh well at least i can speak it XD

Auction House is your friend... 24 hours is good...

Oh yea.. I'm suppose to hate you because I'm a troll and I'm really mean... Oh yea...

Feel my fire!!!b:angryb:angryb:angry

And stop being so .... tearful... It makes grown men like Rambo want to cry. And that isn't cool, Rambo needs to kick ****.. not be made to cry all day. Think of all the little boys who have sub-machineguns! They need a cool action hero! So please, don't act so .... crying like.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Well I leave my cat shop on overnight when I go to bed. When I come back on I'm 100K-300K richer. b:chuckle
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Auction House is your friend... 24 hours is good...

Oh yea.. I'm suppose to hate you because I'm a troll and I'm really mean... Oh yea...

Feel my fire!!!b:angryb:angryb:angry

And stop being so .... tearful... It makes grown men like Rambo want to cry. And that isn't cool, Rambo needs to kick ****.. not be made to cry all day. Think of all the little boys who have sub-machineguns! They need a cool action hero! So please, don't act so .... crying like.

O_O *runs to auction house*

....mean troll?...does that mean i get award money if i give the king your head?b:dirty *sets traps*

as for your crying comments....T.T T_T T.T *infinity*...(you just made that TOO tempting for me XD)...rambo? that reminds me of that awsome chicken/man spirit (ok it lookes better than im describing..seriously i was in awe when i saw him) called Rambos XD.

...as for the little boys...AWWWWWW THEY LOOK SO CUTE XD
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well I leave my cat shop on overnight when I go to bed. When I come back on I'm 100K-300K richer. b:chuckle

O_O....>.> my father refuses for me to leave the computer on....this is for you Rambo!! T.T

...i want to have money too >.>
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I don't understand why people get cut over herbs lol
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
    edited May 2009
    Options
    easy we need them

some people just farm to sell

some people farm because they need to make pots >.> here i am (they need to make the herb req lower!!!>.<)
  • Jayson_fall - Heavens Tear
    Jayson_fall - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I pretty much bought my panther for farming herbs. ^^ Well, not really. But it does help a LOT. Zoom from nectar to nectar...b:victory

But I'm still not rude about it. I have my set path I follow, and know about what I'll bring in per run. Then off to make my life powder and such. But I'm still not rude about it. I know other people need the herbs/mats too. So if I see someone ('specially someone lower level) obviously headed for something, I won't out race them simply because I can. Just move on to the next spot.
  • denarr
    denarr Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

I had a similar thing happen to be. I fought a monster right next to a black iron ore I wanted, and some guy flew down and grabbed the ore while I was fighting the monster. However, I just said "That wasn't very cool" and he gave me the material. I guess he didn't realize I was fighting my way to it.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    denarr wrote: »
    I had a similar thing happen to be. I fought a monster right next to a black iron ore I wanted, and some guy flew down and grabbed the ore while I was fighting the monster. However, I just said "That wasn't very cool" and he gave me the material. I guess he didn't realize I was fighting my way to it.

oops i did that once too my camera agle was off i didn't see them
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I never really say anything to anyone I just try to beat them to the next herb but it can be very annoying when you GET THERE FIRST and yet somehow they still manage to pick it before you. The little lag this game enforces before you start harvesting is a pain in the tail.

I also am not much for high level folks coming around and picking lower level herbs and mats so I always try to farm them out before they can get them > ; ) LOL

On occasion I get yelled at but I do not bother responding to them. While they waste time calling me names, I am getting the next Herb or Mat.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Here's a mirror universe:

I like rude people... because they aren't lying noobs who actually try to act all nice and diddly most of the time to scam other newer noobs and make life worse for all those idiots in this ****ing game.

Hey, that guy might be a jackass. But at least he's being truthful about it. Don't hide petty emotions and try to be all nice when there is a volcano ready to blow up. Because when it does, Pompeii and all the other citys are gonna die and its all your fault.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I get moody when Venos come and do the same quests as I and start killing in my area and don't offer to help out and leave before I am done.I do have a Veno as well lvl34.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Here's a mirror universe:

I like rude people... because they aren't lying noobs who actually try to act all nice and diddly most of the time to scam other newer noobs and make life worse for all those idiots in this ****ing game.

Hey, that guy might be a jackass. But at least he's being truthful about it. Don't hide petty emotions and try to be all nice when there is a volcano ready to blow up. Because when it does, Pompeii and all the other citys are gonna die and its all your fault.

you think im faking? well here's the truth, i hate people who accuse me of lieing, im nice to people who are nice to me. and when you cause me to go mad and a volcano blows...i hope your in the city that dies, as for the other people...i hope they have the brains to leave the city before the volcano erupts (i'll tie you to a tree so don't worry about escaping ^_^)