Take off the BM NERF

Options

Comments

• Ellestor - Heavens Tear
    Ellestor - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No no, he's right. We're weak as all hell, that's what I'm told at least when I beat the hell out of people. Maybe it's not the Blademaster that's weak but rather you who are well... completely lacking in intelligence? We're one of the best classes if you play us right. Ask a Wizard or Venomancer sometime what's scarier, a Barbarian or a Spear Blademaster, or ask a 3-1 Squad how hated a Fist Blademaster is (Cancelling casting can be a lifesaver), or even how absolutely "horrible" an Axe Blademaster is in the middle of a cluster of casters in Territory Wars.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I fail to see how blademaster is underpowered. Berserk is one of the most overpowered things in this game, combine with crit and permastun...

Not to mention dragons. Blademasters play a little more of a support role in mass pvp, but they're still very viable in small scale/1v1 pvp.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_Exile - Sanctuary
    Dark_Exile - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Blade/Axe/Pole/Fist masters have got to be the most spread out, underpowered and downright spat upon class in PW. They cannot take on enemies same level or even 20 levels below them. It's a joke how little use they are in this game. They lack HP, defense, and attack power. I'm not asking for all three to be risen, but give them SOMETHING to make them worthwhile on the battlefield. Want HP? Go Barb. Want Damage? Go Wizard. Want Defense? Go Veno. Give an archer a sword and he'd be better than most BMs.

And don't come in here saying "stun lock" because the only use a stun lock is for is to procrastinate the eventual fate of them dying. Every other class can win a 1v1 fight against something, but BMs lose against everyone. I'm sick of the class that can shine the brightest get sludged on by the devs into something that has to beg for help for everything.

Skill has nothing to do with this. I stun locked a wizard for 5 minutes straight and then it two hit killed me. I'm a pole with bleed maxed, and it doesn't help that our defensive skills are suicide tradeoffs. Wizards get to raise defense AND regen, while we must decide whether our average phys defense should be above average and sacrifice magic, or make our comical magic defense below average and reduce our phys defense to below average.

Comically poor, I rate BMs a 2/10. The 2 being that they can stun enemies for a while. Everything else is a joke. No damage, no defense, no HP. That's my tirade for tonight. AVOID BM AT ALL COST. They have all their attributes crippled because they are the hybrid class of failure. Archers are hybrids and do it just fine, so why are BMs such a joke?

i invite u 2 fight me....bms when built right can b as good at damage as a barb with just as much vit an a kickin crit rate..... also helps if you choose 1 build instead of all. i kan own all but a barb my level. BMs useless???? think again. an in 5 minutes of stunning you couldnt kill a wiz......WTF dude i can 3 hit a charmed wiz xD
    Death is only the beginning.........

Vae Victus
  • Wyrmhero - Heavens Tear
    Wyrmhero - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    *kicks dead in the nuts*b:angry
  • Madmankiller - Heavens Tear
    Madmankiller - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i think you just suck at being a bm

i have no problem fighting mobs or players that are my level
    or even above

lvl 8x kill 80 to 90 lvl mobs all day pk kill most come cross me love my bm
  • Linjawsyam - Sanctuary
    Linjawsyam - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ....im barb yet i always die from bms in pk no matter what lvl they are once they are 50+
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i couldnt even be bothered to read the OP's wall of QQ
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Satuki - Harshlands
    Satuki - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think Blademasters are one of the most OP class in the game.
    with super long stuns and decent crits, they can kill any class 1v1.
    Learn 2 play?
  • Uiztrollin - Harshlands
    Uiztrollin - Harshlands Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/ejrfcbarca6/NOVA.jpg

86(bm) vs 91(archer)

What did you say OP?
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

86(bm) vs 91(archer)

What did you say OP?

no fair new Nova_ = noobb:cry
    edited May 2009
    Options
    that archer just got **** ...

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wow that BM's critical would have killed me 3 times over! b:shocked

"Crank Dat PvE!"
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    until they get really HIGH level usually this is the schedule:

BM > Archers, cuz they have a good accuracy, a decent evasion, the alter marrows and usually they can just stun the archer and kill him before the stun goes off

BM > Barbs, cuz barbs have no magic attack so the bms can just use physical marrow and get no damage at all.. add sutra and the evasion

BM > Wizards, never saw a -80 wizard survive after a stun against a bm, they never win unless they are really good and they keep the bm at distance, rare

BM > Veno, like wizards venos just die realy fast at low levels, I don't see the problem for a bm since the stun can affect the pet also lol

BM > Cleric, the best cleric's weapon is the heal, they can just spam heal and survive, stun them and they will not be able to survive...

of course it is my IMHO not a fact, but I don't see why BMs are weaks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    explain to me how fist bms can pull aggro off me, i'm i am spamming threat and fleshream
    flesh+devour+alacrity+flesh+surf+attack+flesh lather rinse repeat

the amazing thing of bms, is their speed, a fist bm hits twice as fast as me, for around the same dmg, can spark twice before i can, blade bms have the strongest endgame attack in terms of spell stats, axe bms are great for aoes and strong, pole bms have great reach, can even stop a cleric from dying with a quick push from a distance

NEVER tell me bms are useless, they are the most usefull and versital class out there, they can even tank if something goes wrong, can draw aggro if the situation calls for it, my best friends are bms

also fist bms have awesome evasion, making them hard to hit by most classes
    edited May 2009
    Options
    if a fist bm hits for the same as you do, please reroll your barb, because you fail.....and bm's have no where near strongest engame attack in terms of spell stats... i think its either clerics tempest, or wizzards black dragon spike....

and bms spike damage is **** compared to any class other than veno

cleric:temepst
    archer: crits (not as high spike, but a much steadier spike damage)
    barb:arm
    wizards:black dragon ice spike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    if a fist bm hits for the same as you do, please reroll your barb, because you fail.....and bm's have no where near strongest engame attack in terms of spell stats... i think its either clerics tempest, or wizzards black dragon spike....

and bms spike damage is **** compared to any class other than veno

cleric:temepst
    archer: crits (not as high spike, but a much steadier spike damage)
    barb:arm
    wizards:black dragon ice spike

i failed to mention this bm is also 8 lvls above me, and i've not got a +6 wep like her lol

along the lines of the highest skill damage, i was specifically talking about out of a bms specialized skill tree, if i remember all the others max at 100% wep dmg while myriad sword stance maxes at 200%

as far as my barb, hey i play as i want, i do just fine for everything i have come by, my character works for me, i am hitting 4k in tigerform and am happy about that, if a fist bm hits 2-3k twice as fast as me fine so be it, i said nearly the same dmg as me, not the same
  • Cgl_ifrit - Harshlands
    Cgl_ifrit - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    and i thought my skills were just weak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] u people make me stupid
    edited May 2009
    Options
    axe bm will hit way more with skills than a fist bm will.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CJ7 - Sanctuary
    CJ7 - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ok im a poleblade bm and love it, bm's are one of the best classes because of their versatility, that's why we play the bm. you don't go bm because you want to do one thing better then everyone else, you play the bm because you want to do enough of everything to be more useful then anyone else. is any other class capable of soloing gargantakong or krimson eyes before lvl 80? when your barb dies who takes over tanking long enough for the cleric to res and buff the barb? any other class able to aoe as effectively as a bm? sure archers and wiz have awesome aoe skills but no where near the survivability of a bm. quit your crying and go play veno cause you can't handle bm
  • Ryuske - Dreamweaver
    Ryuske - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    BMs arnt weak its all about your skill with them
  • XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear
    XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    from what i know, BM are one of best PVP classes at 9x. with GX i dont even wanna say how strong they are. remove the nerf? lol why not just say let BM be nix.

they are already strong. i got same gears and level as a BM but i still lose to him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    bms are already strong, infact I’m jealous I didn’t roll a bm. some dunno how to play there class but then there’s the few that know what there doing so well u don’t actually stand a chance, xheart is an example, vit mdef bm who can stunlock you so well u just stand there till u die.
  • LovePurse - Lost City
    LovePurse - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    BM is not a pk class, archer, wiz and veno with nix is a pk class BM is best suited to stunnlocking while his party nukes you or massive chain stuns in TW so basicly BM is a support class :O bm's only **** until 9x that magical lvl when mages have hp and refined gear and archers well are still archers. veno is self explanatoryb:pleased
  • Ghost_eyes - Lost City
    Ghost_eyes - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Sure, BM may not be the preferred pvp race for many, its not easy by any means. But that doesn't mean its not possible to be exceptional if its played right. As it stands there are 8 bms on the Lost city pvp leader board, the highest being 13th. Their very presence on that list proves the poster wrong.

The list is dominated by archers and venos because they have alot of pvp factors in their favour like range and pets.

Thats not to say BMS are as pathetic as the poster makes them out to be.

Those bms on the leader board know just how to use them. Its probable that they have been victorious against all races of even similar lvls. (or then again they could have earned their ranks by killing lvl 30s at Hidden orchid :
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

86(bm) vs 91(archer)

What did you say OP?

I lol'd.

I'm guessing heaven's flame zerker crit... hahaha owned b:victory
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    Dakaruch - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    BM is not a pk class, archer, wiz and veno with nix is a pk class BM is best suited to stunnlocking while his party nukes you or massive chain stuns in TW so basicly BM is a support class :O bm's only **** until 9x that magical lvl when mages have hp and refined gear and archers well are still archers. veno is self explanatoryb:pleased

LMFAO
    At 9x, nix gets simply a little annoying thing while the veno gets killed... If you think bms are not a pk class, then you fail. A bm with 10k HP kicks veno with nix ****, anyday.
    Archers, yeah, damn hard to beat cause of all the crits. Mages, they really own after 99+, until then, they die as anyone else. I have crited robe users for 4k before, i doubt many mages have that much HP. b:laugh
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lmao...

BMs are one of the best pvp class 90+
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • EyebalI - Harshlands
    EyebalI - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    YA BM's suck as much as archers at 90+
    but BM's can pwn with GX+7 and up. archers keep sucking.

Only MG and Barb are OP with good refines and gear 90+
  • natural
    natural Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well BM is one of the hardest class to play on pvp, u need lot of time to learn how to make a proper stun lock and use the right skills at the right time.

Is funny that some ppl say " get 89+ 4.7 hp and a BM is hard to kill" u must play on a pve server, with 4.7hp u ar a 1 shot BM = EPIC FAIL

well for me the best build for pvp is AXE VIT BUILDb:victory

Vit--> survivel
    Dex--> get 1 or 2 misty rings or if u have money get hh90 gold rings u stop miss alot and u can fight a EA
    STR--> minimal to use armor and axes, str = dmg for BM i know, just +6 minimal and put good shards on ur axes, at lvl 70 get XS and use those to lvl 90 and switch to STAR AXES or if possible GX b:dirty" the bersk always help boost the BM dmg"
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    no one seems to understand the problem. What good is it if you can be a mediocre tank or mediocre DD, or mediocre aoe grinder? Mediocre is still a failing grade. This class is dead before it even starts. I chose my name carefully and accurately.

Mediocre tank, actually a pretty good dd, and an awesome aoe lvler. I don't get what you're whining about, that we can't do well in pvp? First off this game is mostly centered around equips, so if your equips suck that's your fault, not because bms as a class are bad. I don't get why you would stunlock anybody in real pvp, unless they sparked or something and you're trying to prevent them from attacking you. Dragon, spark, w/e, you really shouldn't have a problem killing people. If you can't kill a wiz your level in the 10 seconds that their charm is cooling down and you have them stunned... i can smack wiz my level barehanded and kill them in 10 seconds if they're not doing anything.