Re-roll for Genie?

Sarugami - Sanctuary
Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I'm bored and curious how many would start a new character to train their genies. If you do start a new character, what class are you going to choose and reason why? No flaming or arguing in this thread please....just something to do while server is down.

For me, I will make a veno since it's the fastest money making class and can lvl from 1-60 quite faster than other classes in my opinion. If you can't beat them....join themb:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sarugami - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Livlovelaugh - Lost City
    Livlovelaugh - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Either cleric or veno :D
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm too lazy for that and would only bother when I try to make a high-end genie. I'd find it much more convenint to either
    A: Have one of my perma-mule characters toss the genie any EXP gained while I hunt items on them (keeps them from leveling and I don't have to waste time killing them)
    or
    B: Toss the genie my spirit. Not like you don't have plenty of spirit to blow once you get to a certain point anyway.
  • Esparagondaa - Sanctuary
    Esparagondaa - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    look 1spirit is 5 exp so if genie need 10k of exp give him 2k of spirit tath is much
  • Orgazm - Dreamweaver
    Orgazm - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i guess i would do a bm no reason
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    I'm too lazy for that and would only bother when I try to make a high-end genie. I'd find it much more convenint to either
    A: Have one of my perma-mule characters toss the genie any EXP gained while I hunt items on them (keeps them from leveling and I don't have to waste time killing them)
    or
    B: Toss the genie my spirit. Not like you don't have plenty of spirit to blow once you get to a certain point anyway.

I have plenty of spirits on my BM...but I read in one of the genie thread said that there will be penalty if you trying to transfer exp/spirit from a higher lvl character to a lower lvl genie. I wish there no penalty thoughb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm bored and curious how many would start a new character to train their genies. If you do start a new character, what class are you going to choose and reason why? No flaming or arguing in this thread please....just something to do while server is down.

For me, I will make a veno since it's the fastest money making class and can lvl from 1-60 quite faster than other classes in my opinion. If you can't beat them....join themb:laugh

Why would you reroll? You're level 82. You should have spirit coming out of your ears by now?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have plenty of spirits on my BM...but I read in one of the genie thread said that there will be penalty if you trying to transfer exp/spirit from a higher lvl character to a lower lvl genie. I wish there no penalty thoughb:surrender

There is a penalty for the transferring.....(from here)

"When a player transfers EXP to a Genie that is at a lower level than the player, a portion of that EXP will be lost during the transfer. The lower the difference between your Genie level and your character or EXP Cube's level, the less EXP it will cost."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Why would you reroll? You're level 82. You should have spirit coming out of your ears by now?

The penalty is the reason why I re-roll.
    How to Infuse EXP Pill’s Exp into a Genie

EXP Infusion Restrictions:

* Players can’t increase a Genie’s level beyond their own character’s level.
    * When a player transfers EXP to a Genie that is at a lower level than the player, a portion of that EXP will be lost during the transfer. The lower the difference between your Genie level and your character or EXP Cube's level, the less EXP it will cost.
    * When Genie reaches LV100, it will not lose EXP during EXP infusion.

When using EXP Cubes to upgrade a Genie, you can choose how much EXP you want to infuse.

Note: Simply right click on your Genie Avatar to access this menu.

Edit: Arggg...RedsRose beat me to it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mainachan - Sanctuary
    Mainachan - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Why re-roll?

From this thread. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2265091#post2265091

I
    Where can I get genie quest and what is the quest reward?

Visit the new NPC in major city for genie quest starting from L1 to L80. Quest reward;
    -
    L1 – collect your genie.
    L19 (completed L1 quest) – L19 EXP stone
    L49 (completed L1 quest) – L49 EXP stone
    L70 (completed L1 quest) – One stats respect scroll
    L79 (completed L49 quest) – L79 EXP stone
    L80 (completed L1 quest) – One element stats respect scroll

How can I level my genie?

There are 3 types of leveling methods;

-Using EXP stone.
    -Using Character EXP
    -Using Character SP, 1SP = 5 EXP points.

To level your genie, please see new NPC and select appropriate option.

Why my genies receive less EXP when I try to import?

-Player can only level up genies that are same level or lower level than the player level.
    -No EXP penalty for transfer of genies to the same level player but to player that is higher levels than genies itself (penalty amount not known).
    -When use genies EXP stone, the penalty is calculated base on EXP stone and genies level. EXP stone will disappeared once it EXP is used (example- stone has 10K EXP but you use 5K this time, the next time you use another 5K. It EXP is consumed and will disappear). (bold by me)
    -There is no EXP penalty when genies reach L100 or higher.
    "The present moment is a powerful goddess" -Goethe
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    I don't know how much those exp stones will go for though....if it's too expensive, I would rather re-roll and make a veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't know how much those exp stones will go for though....if it's too expensive, I would rather re-roll and make a veno.

And where do you get those exp. stones?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    As far as I know right now...I got 3 from quests given by the npc that give out genies. You can also get them by decompose your already lvled genie. The stones that I got from npc are like quest items (bound and cannot be trade).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EntityZero - Sanctuary
    EntityZero - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Do we have to reroll? I can't just lvl a genie if im lvl 60ish? I really don't feel like rerolling for the sake of lvling a damn genie :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Do we have to reroll? I can't just lvl a genie if im lvl 60ish? I really don't feel like rerolling for the sake of lvling a damn genie :/

According to what I read...if you want a good genie and only want to lvl it by spirits/exp then you gotta re-roll. I'm still testing mine out right now...got the genie to lvl 82 already. So far...the only thing I can see why my genie not a good one are the lucky points. I still don't get what's the big deal about the penalty and why the penalty would make the genie weak. If anyone know the answer...please share.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alidas
    alidas Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i still dont understand how to use the cubes for the genie...it has lv7 tough :P...hope someone tell me how to `cause i really dont get it
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    According to what I read...if you want a good genie and only want to lvl it by spirits/exp then you gotta re-roll. I'm still testing mine out right now...got the genie to lvl 82 already. So far...the only thing I can see why my genie not a good one are the lucky points. I still don't get what's the big deal about the penalty and why the penalty would make the genie weak. If anyone know the answer...please share.

i guess the penalty was the % of exp convertion. my lv 62 bm has a 10% convertion rate for my lv 10 genie. which is 500 exp of mine for 50 exp on the genie, the penalty gets lightened as the lvl of the genie gets closer to u, but since ur genie is at 82 it wont make much of a diff
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    alidas wrote: »
    i still dont understand how to use the cubes for the genie...it has lv7 tough :P...hope someone tell me how to `cause i really dont get it

drag the cube to a window beside the 3 options to use which method to transfer exp. the window is very dark and easy to miss. just roll ur mouse all over the window :D
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    no point in re-rolling, I have a rare genie, lv 77 and im lv 79. I'm out of spirit, but didnt have much to begin with. Leving a genie to your lv is easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You forgot the "No" option in your poll but that would be my answer.