New Autopathing

Options
Gaho - Sanctuary
Gaho - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Gee guys, way to take all the EFFORT out of doing quests. THAT WOULD BE WHY I STOPPED PLAYING ETHERSAGA! I actually kinda ENJOYED having to look for things instead of just FREAKING AUTOPATHING EVERYWHERE. Quests are the only thing i can do that keep me from going BORED OUT OF MY MIND. You pretty much just killed all of my fun, this new autopath thing is **** and just completely lame.

WTG Gm's >.>
Post edited by Gaho - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What is this autopathing you're talking about? Besides the one we already have when flying.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    boohoo? >____>
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/3041

this saves me a TON of time from having to goto 1perfectworld/pwdatabase to find freakin mob spawns, and NPCs that are all over the palce.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Check the front page. You can't miss it. And I, for one, am really looking forward to this. I HATE questing... I'd rather grind for hours.
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Gee guys, way to take all the EFFORT out of doing quests.

If I recall you still have to kill the mobs do you not? And aren't you a little late with the auto-pathing feature having been out for weeks now? They're just spicing up the auto-pathing feature so you wont have to keep clicking here and there. It worked well on Ether Saga so why shouldn't they add that kind of feature here?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Here's a hint: Just because a new feature is implimented doesn't mean you have to use it.
  • Weng - Heavens Tear
    Weng - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If I recall you still have to kill the mobs do you not? And aren't you a little late with the auto-pathing feature having been out for weeks now? They're just spicing up the auto-pathing feature so you wont have to keep clicking here and there. It worked well on Ether Saga so why shouldn't they add that kind of feature here?

It is true, you can't please everybody. Someone will always complain. Watch, if some how we get free money, someone will complain as well.
  • Reevoive - Lost City
    Reevoive - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    it Is True, You Can't Please Everybody. Someone Will Always Complain. Watch, If Some How We Get Free Money, Someone Will Complain As Well.

"wtf They Got More" ;)
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Here's a hint: Just because a new feature is implimented doesn't mean you have to use it.

You sir are teh winRAR!

One sentence to own the OP's post, simply epic... *claps*
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thanks for pointing that out. I might have missed it otherwise.

I think this new feature looks amazing. I've felt no real drive to quest or do much of anything lately so between this and having a genie to level I actually have a reason to want to play again!b:dirty
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I love how now I can SEE all the quests without having to go find them ^_^b:victoryb:laughb:pleasedb:chuckleb
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oh my GOD THANKYOUTHANKYOU!

:D
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I actually really llike this new feature, if you hate autopathing and actually enjoy looking for things - dont use it ^_^. Simple as it is b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    Gaho - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If people actually BOTHERED to read their quests they'd find that quests actually *shock and horror* tell you where the mobs are!

And I'm not opposed to the autopathing that is already implemented, that you actually have to put in yourself OMG NOT SOMETHING I HAVE TO DO MYSELF D:

I kinda like the fact that I have to find my own mobs because in game it makes SENSE,rather than my character WHO IS NEW TO THE PLACE somehow psychicly knowing EXACTLY WHERE EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD IS.
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I accually think this will come in handy, for those who already know where to go it shouldnt be a big deal if you dont want to use it, just dont, but for alot of people it will take away alot of stress trying to find whats what, my girl just started playing and shes really happy about this feature, i wouldnt doubt it if other newer players find it helpful as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Sanseona - Lost City
    Sanseona - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think half the fun is actually running everywhere. (<-- can't fly yet) But that'll be great once I can fly. I can go afk for a couple of minutes while I wait to get to where I need to go easy. But I think the new quests system looks totally awesome. *Can't wait*
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    too each his own. love it or hate it, just get over it already.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If people actually BOTHERED to read their quests they'd find that quests actually *shock and horror* tell you where the mobs are!

And I'm not opposed to the autopathing that is already implemented, that you actually have to put in yourself OMG NOT SOMETHING I HAVE TO DO MYSELF D:

I kinda like the fact that I have to find my own mobs because in game it makes SENSE,rather than my character WHO IS NEW TO THE PLACE somehow psychicly knowing EXACTLY WHERE EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD IS.

It's pretty simple to go back and forth already. I autopath there, using the old feature, and autopath back. This'll allow me not to spend hours once I do get there looking around the few spots they are found. And like I said. I HATE quests. I have a nice long backlog of them I've yet to do. It's kinda nice, though, using grinding as my primary source of leveling. Money, and drops. I've gained some pretty sweet gear from grinding. Like my new LA boots. b:pleased All resists, and double Phys Def boost, + Evasion. Wouldn't have gotten them, if I hadn't stayed to kill thousands of Huggy Hares. b:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Im gonna like this system. But i do have to admit that the auto-mob and auto-item pathing does make it too easy. Its a tad questionable when you can do this questing process at a 5 yr old lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The same system already exists in ZX, so it was kind of obvious to get it here sooner or later (since they are exchanging codes for the genies and talismans). Though, if it is going to work like in ZX, there might be some issues with running into aggressive mob spawns (in ZX few first maps are with aggro-less mobs).

Also, a bit of offtopic, but is there a chance to get the TAB autotargeting as well? Not that I complain, but since all games get the same features, it would be favorable to have it here as well (but who knows, it might also be implemented today <.<)
  • Carwn - Sanctuary
    Carwn - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Personally, I don't approve of the fact that it kinda "dumbs down" the locate quests. And most people (aka non-venos) can't afford/don't enjoy grinding for HOURS on end.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

You do realize... that you make absolutely no sense right now, right? For one thing, if we didn't bother to read, as you insinuated, we wouldn't know where any of our quest monsters are and everyone would be grinding randomly from level 1 onwards. Clearly, this is not the case.

Clicking find quest, inputing your co-ordinates, and following an arrow versus clicking find quest, clicking green text and following an arrow. Wow... HUGE amount of extra effort there. Not. Did it ever cross your mind that you could always, you know, click find quest, look at the co-ordinates beside the green text, input the co-ordinates, and follow the arrow?

You don't have to find your own mobs in-game at all BECAUSE you get told where it is... and you have a map. It doesn't take a genius to look at the instructions a NPC gave them, open their map, and alt click in the area the NPC said the monsters were at. Lo and behold, you'd find yourself there without any worry. You don't have to, as you put it, "somehow psychicly knowing EXACTLY WHERE EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD IS," if you use that common sense thingy people are supposed to have.

Also, either we're blind, or you're a bit slow. I see absolutely nothing telling us that we have to use these new features. Don't like em? Don't use them. It's that simple and always has been. Since you don't like players having easier alternatives for doing things, why don't you stop playing with use of hotkeys? I'm sure it will give you the challenge and fun you feel this optional feature that has made Perfect World ruined FOREVER feel at least slightly more fun again.
  • Elannah - Sanctuary
    Elannah - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sounds like a great new feature..specially listing all new quests together instead of the current system.

Autopathing to the Npc/monster will be excellent. It will save a look on the pwi database then autopathing to the approx area, so really they have incorporated the two together..now all I need is in game autopathing to the npc that drops certain items i am looking for and it would be a perfect world. LOL
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I really am tired of that old click 'find quest' coordinate pop-up.

So much that I hadn't bothered gathering my quests for the last two levels.

I could care less about auto finding mobs or auto-finding npc locations, but having the quests actually appear in your quest box is what I will really enjoy.
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is nice for those NPC's that tell you they have a quest, when they really don't. Or for those NPC's that have quests but are in different maps. I likey b:dirty
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is a pretty cool feature, nice work GMs.
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I for one am glad about the new find quest feature. It save me from having to click a bunch of times on the "Find Quest" button and then going into the "Locate NPC" menu and manually typing in the coordinates. Now I can just open the quest menu click on the available quest and autopath to the npc. This is a great addition to the game that I loved using in Ether Saga and am glad they brought it over to PWI. Kudos PW Staff
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yaaaay I love this feature. It saves my time a lot xD

I've been using the similar feature in Ether Saga. ^^

Thank's GM for this new update =)
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink