Active Definition

Noggin - Dreamweaver
Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Tideswell (East)
When I see factions recruiting they always ask for 'active' players. What exactly does this mean? I for instance don't get on everyday and its probably taken me a month to get to where I am. Am I active, idle, bone idle, pro-active, passive or what?

Grinding is beginning to get me down and I am thinking maybe a faction would make things more interesting....
Post edited by Noggin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    When people say active, they usually refer to being online during the week several times, leveling 1-3 times a week (depending on your level) etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    for me your not active enough if u aint online atleast 4 hours a day. through lvl 40-50 2-3 lvl a day is active.
    getting 40-50 in 2 weeks example.. inactive ^^ or radicolous lvler. jsut my opinion. if u aint online everyday u aint active in my eyes
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Lah - Dreamweaver
    Lah - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Guilds that advertise for active members usually have goals in mind, like TW, requiring fast (as fast as possible) leveling.

There are plenty of guilds not interested in fast leveling.
  • Noggin - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    4 hours a day, errrr no I don't think so, my wife would have something to say about that. 4 hours week is probably more accurate.

Thanks for the reply's at least I won't be wasting anyones time. So I'll look for a faction with a decent spread of levels that won't condemn me for my own lackluster efforts in leveling.

Ian.
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    Eremedy - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, to me, unactive is a person who has deleted the client from the computer or isn't planning to play for any longer (or for weeks, months - some go on vacations too, then it is a different story).

They possibly mean people who plan to level up as much as possible and they who get big fast (maybe not abnormally fast, but fast).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The definition depends on the faction and their goals/ideals. Your best bet would be to ask the recruiter what they consider active. To me, if you get on a few/several hours every week you're active. You won't meet the requirements needed by TW faction standards, but I'm sure there are smaller/non-TW oriented factions that will have no problem with it.
  • Papa_bear - Dreamweaver
    Papa_bear - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    for me your not active enough if u aint online atleast 4 hours a day. through lvl 40-50 2-3 lvl a day is active.
    getting 40-50 in 2 weeks example.. inactive ^^ or radicolous lvler. jsut my opinion. if u aint online everyday u aint active in my eyes

damn son

I can't do that anymore now tha tI have a job

6am - 3pm and maybe 1-2 hours of PW even at that when I get home an hour later
    Executor of Dominion

Papa "Papi" Bear 6x barb of lovin's O_O
    ImaDUDEirl - veno
  • ViennaMcFly - Dreamweaver
    ViennaMcFly - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Noggin, people which running ( high lvl ) gulids have mostly other definition of '' active '' as people in smaller gulids. I recommend you to join some smaller gulid where you can find more easy friends and people won't force you to make few lvl's at the day or week or whatever. My defenition of active is simply to play the game from time to time, and don't give it up after lvl 20 :).
  • Noggin - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Thanks, so basically there is no definitive definition of active in this context. Different factions view it in different ways. I'll have to question the recuiters I see in depth. Just don't want to waste anyones time if I'm not right of the faction (or the faction is not right for me).
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Showing your face a few times a week and interacting with other members in guild chat is plenty active enough for me. Getting a few levels here and there is a bonus :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com