Pvp questions

ryoken123
ryoken123 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
Hey there!
Well im new to PWI and have a few questions about my BM! Im sure the questions maybe posted else where but I cant seem to find them so.. Here we go.

1.What type of skills do we have in the sense of elements? Like for examples archers have 4 metal attacks.
2.Regarding the metal etc etc Which class would be classfied as each element or its weakness.. For example why would an archer be inclined to use his lightning attack on a BM.

Sorry if the questions dont make much sense, very sleepy.

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by ryoken123 on

Comments

• Raein - Lost City
    Raein - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I could be wrong, but I believe elements only pretain to magic attacks and, since we have no magic attacks, BM's don't have elements. The choice of which element to use against a BM doesn't really matter, unless you know what magical resists the player has and which is the lowest and will therefore take the most damage from.
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    archers use their lightning atks because they do magic damage, and bm has lower magical than physical def
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The only class that can really go after people based on elemental weaknesses with any regularity is Wizards. They have Earth, Water, and Fire attacks. All magic based, no physical attacks. Unless they walked up and dinked someone on the head with their wand. Which isn't a very good idea since p.attack on wizards isn't too great XD

Venos have Wood attacks, Clerics have Metal attacks. Both magic based. Clerics also have the physical-damage attack Plumeshot.

I haven't played an Archer or Barbarian yet, so I don't know if they have any element based attacks. I know that Blademaster does not.

Now, Wizards have shields that defend them against Earth, Fire, and Water attacks, and the Earth shield doubles as a Physical defense. Other classes do not have this, to my knowledge.

For any class, if you are close enough to look at their armor, you can check to see what magical defenses they have. Standard m-defense armors and ornaments protect against all five elements equally, but some 2* and higher equipment focuses on 1-3 elements, so they might have weaker defenses in 1 or more elements. If you have the option to use that element, then that should be your choice. It becomes particularly effective against someone wearing heavy armor as they have low overall magical defense. Not so good against someone wearing Arcane/Robes as they have the best magical defense.

If your class doesn't naturally have any elemental attacks, you can buy or manufacture potions that temporarily add an element to melee attacks - an archer's normal shot, or another classes's physical sword hit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~