Any way to make PWI screen continue to run in background?

Options
Orfina - Dreamweaver
Orfina - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
Hi i wondering if there is any way to allow PWI client screen to continue to move in background mode like ether saga online. Reason is that i'm using 2 LCD in dualview mode. 1st LCD is used to run PWI in windowed mode while the 2nd LCD is used for surfing internet or watching video. Problem is whenever i go surf internet, the PWI game screen will freeze (stop moving) & when i come back to PWI, i will sometime find myself under attack by mobs or even dead as the screen display will freeze in background mode so i will have no idea whats happening in-game until the the game client is back to foreground b:surrender
Post edited by Orfina - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• GreyFace - Dreamweaver
    GreyFace - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Same here, i put a video on for the kids via HDMI to the tv and play the game on the main screen. I to have the same problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Depending on your system config, you may not be able to. It isn't anything that we can do.

As soon as you take focus off the game, it will not visually update in real time while you do other tasks.

Depending on your media player, you might be able to watch a movie or what have you in one window playing while you play the game. Your video chipset may not handle a 3d game and video playing simultaneously.

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this and following the directions:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and hopefully see what is going on, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Sinense - Sanctuary
    Sinense - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Or you could use two computers?
  • Orfina - Dreamweaver
    Orfina - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So i guess its part of PWI game feature to free up CPU resources while its in the background. I was playing ether saga online & i can still see the game action when its in background while i surf internet thats why i'm wondering if PWI has any setting to do that too.
    Guess i will just have to meditate away from the mobs b4 i go surf internet or watch video b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.