Are there alot of men playing Veno's?

Josias - Lost City
Josias - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Chronicles
Cause I'm a guy so I'm just wondering.........I normally play as a mage but it's become so boring and I want a pet.
Post edited by Josias - Lost City on

Comments

• Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    yeah......
  • ChiaoLin - Dreamweaver
    ChiaoLin - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You will find that "lots" of guys play female toons. I always play a female toon. I figure if I am going to spend hours at a time watching a bouncing butt, it might as well be female. LOL
  • Baritomaris - Sanctuary
    Baritomaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No, there are no men who play venomancers.

A few might have fallen through the cracks, but it's actually against PW rules to play a character who isn't the same gender as you. Read the fine print if you don't believe me.

If you do decided to roll a veno, just be sure not to tell anyone you're a dude, otherwise you might be banned. And try to act really girly in chat so that no one gets suspicious.
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have a level 59 Venomancer and I am male IRL and they are awesome. I can already tank level 75-80 mobs with ease and I use a Golem. What I figured out earlier is that Venos can tank mobs 20 levels higher then themselves which is a bonus when you have certain quests that need to be done like getting the Elemental Esscence from the Gilded Princesses from Tusk town. Plus its like playing three characters in one. A) You have a pet you can control and attack with B) You have a Fox Form that comes with certain abilities or C) You have your human part with human abilities. The only problem is you really have too pick which form you are going to start off with, human or fox. Most Venos start off as humans then work on their fox abilities much later on. Though I have seen some fox form Venos as a start off so it really comes down to personal choice. Plus Venos level faster then any other class. My veno was my last character I made on Sanctuary an she is currently surpassing my Cleric and Wizard by 5 levels and I play all three on a regular basis. Hope this info helps you.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    could you copy out where in the 'rules' that it says that you have to play a character of the same as your RL gender? ive never seen that.

but there are quite a number of men who play venos, some i know as friends and guildmates, and there are also just as many women who play barbs, including myself. i normally play only female characters, but i love the big tiger, and its fun to play with it, though i have never raised one to a level high enough to matter. i wish the devs hadnt made it so gender specifc...i would love to play a tigeress!

No, there are no men who play venomancers.

A few might have fallen through the cracks, but it's actually against PW rules to play a character who isn't the same gender as you. Read the fine print if you don't believe me.

If you do decided to roll a veno, just be sure not to tell anyone you're a dude, otherwise you might be banned. And try to act really girly in chat so that no one gets suspicious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary
    ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    could you copy out where in the 'rules' that it says that you have to play a character of the same as your RL gender? ive never seen that.

but there are quite a number of men who play venos, some i know as friends and guildmates, and there are also just as many women who play barbs, including myself. i normally play only female characters, but i love the big tiger, and its fun to play with it, though i have never raised one to a level high enough to matter. i wish the devs hadnt made it so gender specifc...i would love to play a tigeress!

they were only joking

nowhere does it say you have to be gender specific
    b:thanks
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What if you are a tranny? b:surrender
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol do u seriously have to ask this question dude?
    lol this might answer for u if im a dude, or a chick

sergent Popo is not pleased

mrpopo-1.jpg
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Cause I'm a guy so I'm just wondering.........I normally play as a mage but it's become so boring and I want a pet.

If you want to play a venomancer, play a venomancer. If you are worried about what someone else in a video game thinks about you playing a venomancer when you're a guy, then don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver
    Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i just play with one character which is a barbarian..

i just dont like the other classes as much
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    who cares if youre a male playing a female, its not as if youre ****. youre just role playing a hero, its like playing tomb raider, or FFX (and x2 *shot*), or a fighting game where female characters are common as the hero. its like saying females cant be heroins too just because some guy is sexist.

blah, i play a venomancer, and im a dood. i am totally moe. (means actually attracted to video game, anime, and cartoon female characters.) so sue me.
    edited May 2009
    who cares if youre a male playing a female, its not as if youre ****. youre just role playing a hero, its like playing tomb raider, or FFX (and x2 *shot*), or a fighting game where female characters are common as the hero. its like saying females cant be heroins too just because some guy is sexist.

blah, i play a venomancer, and im a dood. i am totally moe. (means actually attracted to video game, anime, and cartoon female characters.) so sue me.

holy **** your a dude??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wait...what if you're **** in a man's body, but playing a female toon? Or if you're a straight male in a toon's body, does that make your veno ****?

I'm so confused now.b:chuckle
  • AzureKiller - Heavens Tear
    AzureKiller - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You will find that "lots" of guys play female toons. I always play a female toon. I figure if I am going to spend hours at a time watching a bouncing butt, it might as well be female. LOL

Lolz, I've tried to play as a veno since they had a pet and such but it was too boring. For me I'll allways be a cleric or mage, the reason is that I've taken the time playin' and leveling each race to 10 and I must say that the magic casters are more worth levelin' up than the phy.dealers b:victory
    edited May 2009
    Lolz, I've tried to play as a veno since they had a pet and such but it was too boring. For me I'll allways be a cleric or mage, the reason is that I've taken the time playin' and leveling each race to 10 and I must say that the magic casters are more worth levelin' up than the phy.dealers b:victory

Level 10 gives such a good indication of what classes are worth leveling up. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Repeat after me:

MMORPG= Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

I figure if I am going to spend hours at a time watching a bouncing butt, it might as well be female. LOL

Given the choice, I always find people like you disturbing. And guys who use pictures of girls as avatars. Creeps me the f**k out.
    edited May 2009
    Repeat after me:

Given the choice, I always find people like you disturbing. And guys who use pictures of girls as avatars. Creeps me the f**k out.

Given the choice, I always find people like you trite and unoriginal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nocturnalbastard
    edited May 2009
    Given the choice, I always find people like you trite and unoriginal.

*yawn*

I guess you're one of those guys that would rather present themselves as girls.

Sorry for your butthurt. It'll go away with time. :P
  • Meca - Harshlands
    Meca - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ohh troll vs troll battle, the battle of the anoyance, let the retardness commence.
    (even tho i agree with OMGLAZERZ)
    if ur playing a MMO and dislike the idea of males using female characters for toons...then an MMO is the wrong place for you to be, go play a single player game where the character is male only.
  • nocturnalbastard
    edited May 2009
    ohh troll vs troll battle, the battle of the anoyance, let the retardness commence.
    (even tho i agree with OMGLAZERZ)
    if ur playing a MMO and dislike the idea of males using female characters for toons...then an MMO is the wrong place for you to be, go play a single player game where the character is male only.

Typical immature BS.

My opinion is different from your opinion so I should go away.

Learn to cope, mmkay? lmao
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Main is a female mage...
    I came from Kal Online where 3/4 of the mains are female.
    I was a mage there, and I've come to like the fact that mages are females.
    So I kept mine female.

That's really all there is to it.
    edited May 2009
    mr popo plays a veno, a demon veno

mrpopo-1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    80% of the Venos are male.

True fact. |:
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes all my char. are female except some mules and a few of those a female.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    my biggest problem with playing with guys doing venos/girls doing barbs, is that i forget who is what gender they are IRL. so i refer to them by their online gender most of the time.

Repeat after me:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2009

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

that's too funny... yeah FYI: use a girl voice on vent servers too to avoid being ferreted out by your faction b:chuckle
  • nocturnalbastard
    edited May 2009
    my biggest problem with playing with guys doing venos/girls doing barbs, is that i forget who is what gender they are IRL. so i refer to them by their online gender most of the time.

Yeah, I do that too... and a lot of the times you can't tell their gender by their emotes or the way they talk either. lol

Even a half dozen years ago, guys didn't >.> <.< ^.^ ;_; ._. their way through convos. Not that I really care if they do or not, it's just no longer gender specific.
  • thomashoyt
    thomashoyt Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    After I finish downloading the game I plan on playing a Venomancer but I'm not going to try and act like a girl or use a girl name because that's just messed up when people do that I do understand why a girl would play as a male though and possibly keep her identity hidden so they don't get hit on 24/7 but not me.
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i have a veno i just started and heck im a guy. i did my fb 29 at lvl 30 by my self it was pretty easy with my tank pet.(btw can anyone give me the best build for a veno thx.)b:thanksb:victoryb:laughb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol ive actualy hit on some guys playing as venos lets just say it didint go well
    but anyway im totaly up for the idea of guys playing as venos. i have 1 and she can tank barbs up 2 10 lvls higher than her so be a veno. THEY ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
This discussion has been closed.