Give us male genies!

Comments

• Jasong - Harshlands
    Jasong - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Those ARE male genies!

According to chinese folklore, male genies were made to look like females to trick and confuse prey!

plz tell me you are joking about that
    Dont mess with a Barb cause you may get the tiggerb:angry

UNTAMENED ROCK **** HUMANS!
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ok idk if someones alrdy pointed this out but hav u guys noticed that when you come to the pwi home page guess what chars you see? Women! and that little ? avatar thing its little outline shadow thing is in the shape of a venomancer. this game is sexist. its meant to attract men and some women but mostly focuses on men. and i know women in ye olde times wore dresses and skirts but they also didn't wear armor so would it kill them to give the women of pwi some more pants?(idk if other races can have pants but i can't find any on my elf one and it bugs me) i mean whenever i fly i can see my own underwear. and they could give us the option in our clothes like -revealing- -slightly skimpy- or -normal- not those exact words but you get my point.
    i mean i could care less what the hell follows me around. but having a cute little boy with wings would be funner then having a half nude little fairy girl follow me around.

nothing about this game is real, so why should out attire reflect what was once real.
    There are plenty of clothing options in this game. Plenty of long dress/skirts in the boutique.

I dunno how many games you have played before, but its all pretty much the same. The majority of MMORPG players are male, so yes its pretty obvious they would advertise to the male gender.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Blessed__One - Lost City
    Blessed__One - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just make the male genies and end it NOW!!!b:cry
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just make the male genies and end it NOW!!!b:cry

End what now? The argument? The world? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't believe that is possible since the best genie (highest randomly gained stat points per level) is called a Queen.

Discuss a max stated male genie being called a Queen.

GO! b:chuckle

How do you know it is not a Drag Queen?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How do you know it is not a Drag Queen?

Holy ****, someone got the joke. b:surprised

I must make it more cryptic next time. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Holy ****, someone got the joke. b:surprised

I must make it more cryptic next time. b:avoid

Well, that would really bring up equality to a new level....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    you know what would be a equal decision about both subjects, why not customize your genie; gender, hair, eyes, etc. But then agian its to late and the gms work hard on making expasions like these for us (be very greatful that they did) and it takes a long time to change something so. Changing could push back the expasion for a long time.
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Kytari - Heavens Tear
    Kytari - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I was looking over various pictures and such from the upcoming expansion. And what struck me is that each and every genie is... female. I mean, seriously?!? Whatever happened to the old arabian myths of the genie being a dominantly MALE creature?

The Sage/Demon fairy is already female, why can't we have just ONE male genie? For goodness sake, there's actually -actual- females playing this game... Why can't -we- get something nice made for us?

So I'd very much like a little cute male genie to follow me around, kthxbai. b:thanks

I dont think i want them making a male Genie. What if they made a male genie that looked like a mini herc? o_O

They could call it the Merc Genie >_>
    edited May 2009
    I dont think i want them making a male Genie. What if they made a male genie that looked like a mini herc? o_O

But fatter
  • Kytari - Heavens Tear
    Kytari - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    But fatter

lol. Yeah, with like longer, nastier nails too.
  • Blade_Wolfe - Heavens Tear
    Blade_Wolfe - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol i say Mr. POPO!!!
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Can't wait for someone to roll a character named MajorNelson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNg-xClEnqM
  • Myao - Heavens Tear
    Myao - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Point remains that men have a LOT of eyecandy in the game (for goodness sake, I kill stuff in stilettos and armour that even Playboy would find risque. All of the humanoid pets but the Hercules are of the 'attractive' female phenotype, and the only 'male' pet is far from what I would call eyecandy.

It's just a matter, really, of seeing scantly clad female humanoids everywhere, and then find that yet ANOTHER aspect of the game contains... scantly clad female humanoids. Is it really so wrong that we girls get some eyecandy, too?

Well... I'm a girl and i'm not a **** :P and I honestly don't mind having pretty genies :o I think they look cute and I can't wait to get the flowery pink one >~<

Really though, most female armor in the typical MMORPG today is usually always skimpy. The logic for female armor is less armor = more defense. So... if that's the case then wouldn't a completely nude character be invincible given that logic? b:chuckle

Well I have to admit when I first started the skimpy armor bothered me. But since I went with the bushy tailed fox veno I don't exactly have any underwear or anything at all down there (whole bottom is just missing) for some reason =P So I don't exactly have the seeing my underwear with the skimpy low level armor I have on now issue ^^;; In fact it's a complete mystery as to how my legs are even attached to my character's body O.o;;

The whole off topic discussion of people who want male venos seems pretty pointless... xP Then again I guess I would have to be a guy to understand the desire for a male veno =/
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    *bump* xD if you want a guy genie just make it look like a guy o.o the_var_guy.jpg
    cut this image out and put it on your genies head if you want it to look like a guy
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Suserak - Dreamweaver
    Suserak - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Then again I guess I would have to be a guy to understand the desire for a male veno =/
    How about a female Barb? 8D
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    -.- i can't image that..all that fur o.o
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Antaury - Dreamweaver
    Antaury - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i want Genies now! i dont care if they are females, male, hermafrodit or ****! just give us the genies!

i hate waiting, dont you?
    edited May 2009
    -.- i can't image that..all that fur o.o

The female Barb would come with free hair removal appointments weekly.... By Waxing....
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I just got the image of a gigantic **** yellow ball with wings. Excuse me, I need to lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I SAY MR POPO!!

cmon how does this guy not look like a genie??

mrpopo.jpg
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I SAY MR POPO!!

cmon how does this guy not look like a genie??

mrpopo.jpg

YES! I want Mr. Popo!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • NiaBeast - Heavens Tear
    NiaBeast - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Female genies look better.. so **** male ones :)
    -NiaBeast-
    Here to f*** your s*** up! b:victory
    b:byeb:angry
    Just kidding b:surrender
    Hehehe have a nice day AND Love you PWIb:victoryb:pleased
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    Estasi - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How about this guy?

genie.jpg

Or

The Pee Wee's Playhouse genie!
    15gy4.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
    edited May 2009
    oh dear god not the pee wee playhouse genie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    Estasi - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Come on Rogue think about the fun it would be to have your genie following you around saying..

"Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
  • rukhmath
    rukhmath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    @op.

You must realise that this is a chinese based game.

If this were a western game, then fine, u have a point with all this wanting equality, women should have it since men have it stuff.

But sadly this is a eastern made game, where men don't have to tell their women to "get back into the kitchen" cos seriously......they never left in the first place.b:chuckle
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    because its only here in this version that they are called genies. they are supposed to be what they look like, fairys, though i forget the original name they were given for the chinese version.
    I was looking over various pictures and such from the upcoming expansion. And what struck me is that each and every genie is... female. I mean, seriously?!? Whatever happened to the old arabian myths of the genie being a dominantly MALE creature?

The Sage/Demon fairy is already female, why can't we have just ONE male genie? For goodness sake, there's actually -actual- females playing this game... Why can't -we- get something nice made for us?

So I'd very much like a little cute male genie to follow me around, kthxbai. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited May 2009
    if it would help any, i made Mr popo a drill sargent

mrpopo.jpgmrpopo-1.jpg

so maybe i can make him a woman o.o?? and we still get mr popo??

yeah i know theres a few um... probs, like its a lil blurry, ect ect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zostar - Harshlands
    Zostar - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Female genies look better.. so **** male ones :)

I think that's exactly what they wanna do.b:chuckle