What do u think

Options
ShuConWu - Dreamweaver
ShuConWu - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Ok I don't know if this has been on here before but ill post this anyways. What do you all think truly to veno's. Ok when you come across a Monster that has a stat alteration like Higher attack. when u tame it should it still have that stat or should it still have the normal stat? Like If i Want a Higher def ans somone else like to have a higher magic def. Iknow that they lvl with you but still i would like to have a faster pet and even if they lvl with you doesnt mean all the stats grow the same i think it should also be on how the tamer treats his pet need to be alot more in depth. Like if you want a higher atk your def grows slower or if your pet is unhappy his stats dont grow much. If he is fully happy then his stats grow higher faster like in **** forgot what that game is. Cause to me i think i would like to have the upgraded pets but im not talking about every monster to have this. They should make them rarer like the rare pets. Yes i know that would take them a bit of time to do. Nevertheless i think it would boost the game a little. yes I know im going to get bomb by other classes saying veno's are good enough or that is **** at veno's get something like that but thats why i am posting this to get people's answers so say what you wish. Also if you got some ideas dont be afraid to say it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ShuConWu - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Weng - Heavens Tear
    Weng - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok I don't know if this has been on here before but ill post this anyways. What do you all think truly to veno's. Ok when you come across a Monster that has a stat alteration like Higher attack. when u tame it should it still have that stat or should it still have the normal stat? Cause to me i think i would like to have the upgraded pets but im not talking about every monster to have this. They should make them rarer like the rare pets. Yes i know that would take them a bit of time to do. Nevertheless i think it would boost the game a little. yes I know im going to get bomb by other classes saying veno's are good enough or that is **** at veno's get something like that but thats why i am posting this to get people's answers so say what you wish.

If the pets are not level-able, then yeah, having different stat mobs tamable is a good idea. But here, where the pets level along with player anyways, their stats will get better, so there is really no point in being able to tame "special" status mobs.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I would like to see the boosted-stat pets that you tame retain those boosted stats myself. I was rather surprised when that's not how it worked out - the stats are flat across the pet's breed and level no matter what their boosts where when you fought them.

I suppose, though, that they did it that way to keep the coding simpler when transitioning them from a PvE mob to a player battle pet. They'd have to spend more time, and lend more room, to the database to back the pet skills and blah blah blah technical speak stuff here - it's late in my time zone XD

I don't think it would be *impossible* to do, though, and it would make veno a bit more fun. I'm just not sure our stateside Devs would be able to do anything about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • _Allysa_ - Dreamweaver
    _Allysa_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It would be an okay idea for them to be able to keep their boosted stats. However, I think if it were that way, their boosted stats should not be carried over into PvP in anyway. They should become just like the normal ones, to keep things on an even playing field and keep from truly OPing the Venomancer class.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Then it will feel like Pokemon...

Gotta tame them all! Remember, the Pet's special personality grants them a 10% boost in one stat, while a 10% reduction in another stat.

Then there's IV's (Individual Values).... basically random for each Pet or PerfectWorldmon.

Then you have to start using Pokeballs to catch them...

Then Venos start looking like the main character of Pokemon...and we have this new tamed monster called "Pikachu"
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I don't see how something simple like keeping "Increased Movement Speed" or "Increased Defense" would make the pet overpowered. There are already faster pets, and pets with more pdef, just of different breeds. I think it would be interesting to have a bit more diversity within the breeds when they're tamed, just like with when you encounter them in PvE. The leveling multiplier could be tweaked so that it doesn't have super-exponential impact.

*edit*

Then Venos start looking like the main character of Pokemon...

Dude! I was about to log off and go to sleep. Now I'm-a have nightmares ;_;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LogiK - Lost City
    LogiK - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    pikachu.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:victoryWe are the center. Noone can change this!b:victory
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I don't see how something simple like keeping "Increased Movement Speed" or "Increased Defense" would make the pet overpowered.

Just wait until you get hit by a Sac Assault veno pet, then you'll start feeling the pain.
    Golems are already good tanks, just imagine one with double the defense.
    Kowlin/sawfly moving at double speed you say?
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I don't see how something simple like keeping "Increased Movement Speed" or "Increased Defense" would make the pet overpowered. There are already faster pets, and pets with more pdef, just of different breeds. I think it would be interesting to have a bit more diversity within the breeds when they're tamed, just like with when you encounter them in PvE. The leveling multiplier could be tweaked so that it doesn't have super-exponential impact.

*edit*

Dude! I was about to log off and go to sleep. Now I'm-a have nightmares ;_;

What about increased life? a golem with 2x hp would make a herc-lite. and Inc atk and sac assult would be really bad in pvp.
    Soo yea its to unbalanced and there is enough QQ about venos already, the only changes u'll ever see is nerf changes.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I would love a herc-lite golem since I'll never be able to afford one of the CS pets XD And a faster sawfly to make up for its obsession with hills would please me greatly. I realize I'd end up on the receiving end of these things more often than not since I don't play my veno much, but I don't have a problem with that. Like I said, they could scale it some so it wouldn't be too ridiculous.

And if the golem has too much HP, find the veno behind it. It isn't exactly the fastest pet, y'know...

What exactly do the Sacrificial Assault mobs DO, anyway? I haven't had a problem with them yet. I play primarily on my Mage, and she kills them in 2 shots so they never get near her. I don't have a problem on my melee character either...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Snuggles - Heavens Tear
    Snuggles - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sacrificial Assault mobs have like half the hp but double the attack. So while they are easy to kill at range, its not fun to get hit by one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There would be an INSANE demand for anything with extra stat points. Imagine it - any veno can go through any FB or HH with the right 'stat boosted' golem. Increased Magic Resistance for exploding mobs, Increased Defence for the melee mobs, Increased Movement Speed for chasing down Khewy...

And let's not forget that people would then start demanding stat improvements for other pets. Sacrificial Assault Phoenix is all I say...
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There would be an INSANE demand for anything with extra stat points. Imagine it - any veno can go through any FB or HH with the right 'stat boosted' golem. Increased Magic Resistance for exploding mobs, Increased Defence for the melee mobs, Increased Movement Speed for chasing down Khewy...

Exactly :) I like to customize my tactics to the situation at hand (It's one of the main reasons I went with Mage as my main - tailored elemental attacks!). So why not have situational pets? Some of us already do it to a certain extent - a golem when we need better tanking power on the group aggro mobs, a flying pet when we're up against air mobs (but not so much ground mobs - hill-diving Sawfly FTL >.>), a fast pet for luring.

The stat-boosted phoenix (or herc) would be pointless. For one thing, it isn't a mob with naturally occuring variances in stats. Those two are good enough on their own.

And you really can't call stat-boosted pets OP when in a veno's hands when you have to fight the dang things in PvE anyway. Yes, they'll level further and be full of delightful doom. But their leveling curve would be tweaked a bit with proper coding.

Thing is, they'll likely NEVER implement it this way. It's extra work for them, and would eat into their cash-shop profits. People would go with a stat-boost Golem, Kowlin, or Sawfly instead of Herc or Phoenix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Best solution: Give pets equips. Genies have them, why not pets? To make it fair, give them a glow. Red for attack so you know when to run, blue for defense so you can just ignore it, yellow for speed so you can just give up, etc.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sacri Assault 'nix b:shocked
    b:pleased
    b:dirty