7-11 Prepaid Promotion! NOW through May 19!!

Options

Comments

• Rev - Dreamweaver
    Rev - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Queen try some of the smaller towns. There are a cpl of small towns outside of Austin with 7-11's. I was very surprised at the first one I checked. 10 cards on the shelf.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    10 cards won't last very long. I hope one of the local ones has them stocked and that there aren't any other gamers near here >.> I hope to pick some up this weekend, I wouldn't mind having a mount straight off with the card money. 4.8 m/sec is just too ridiculously lame and when I get my flying sword the speed will hardly be any better XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Rev - Dreamweaver
    Rev - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Just went by the other 7-11 closer to my house but still small town Texas.
    They did not have any cards.
  • Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    Mr_jingle - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I never even heard of a store called 7-11 b:surrender
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hya T_T,
    Non usa players already lost ninetails offer in prepaid cards, now the panda =(
    Unfair b:cry
    i wondering when prepaid will be able to buy in Amazon, e-bay or else :(

Bay T_T
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is terrible. I've checked both my target and my 7-11 and neither have the cards. :( fix it
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Linker_ - Heavens Tear
    Linker_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Omg pay for a free game?Congratsb:shutup
  • victoryheals
    victoryheals Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Second promotion in a row that ignores your second biggest market.

How about you get together with someone like Game in the UK and have them sell prepaid cards so that we can have a chance at winning one of these 'special' mounts?
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Omg pay for a free game?Congratsb:shutup

Lol, it's optional to pay, they're not forcing anyone, so you're comment is quite invalid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    They gave non-US and non-paying players a *free* chance at the 9 tails, they may do the same with the Panda.

Keep in mind that the logistics of getting prepaid cards outside the US, when they're a US based company, are probably a little bit tangled. Especially because of currency differences. I don't think they can sell a $10 US Card in Europe. It would have to be converted to euros. And exchange rates are not constant, so how would they print and price those? Same goes for Canadian $.

The GMs have stated that they'll have promotions that include everyone... just save your money and wait for those :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lareish - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I apologize for the double post...

I hit one of the 5 local 7-11's today. The cards weren't out on the aisle but the owner had them in the back. Pays to ask! He brought out about 75-100 of them, said they just came in today. So I've redeemed my card now... *crosses fingers*

Good luck to everyone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    woot i live 5 mins from a 711, its near the bus stop to school. my mom gives me 10 dollars worth of quarters every week for the bus. but i traded my bus card with my friend that doesn't need it. So now i can ride 4 free. LOL. ill be paying 40 quarters 4 a prepaid card. I also have over 10k pennies in a jar. 4k=$10..... heheb:chuckle
    edited May 2009
    Options
    also.... i dun have competition.... im the only1 who plays PW in the whole neighborhood. It seems that im the only1 who's actually been buying em.... although i do buy for my friends who live far away... after all i pass by it everyday....b:pleased
    edited May 2009
    Options
    4give my lz typing.... its hard typing with a ps3 controller.... b:surrender NewYork pwns....
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    They gave non-US and non-paying players a *free* chance at the 9 tails, they may do the same with the Panda.

Keep in mind that the logistics of getting prepaid cards outside the US, when they're a US based company, are probably a little bit tangled. Especially because of currency differences. I don't think they can sell a $10 US Card in Europe. It would have to be converted to euros. And exchange rates are not constant, so how would they print and price those? Same goes for Canadian $.

The GMs have stated that they'll have promotions that include everyone... just save your money and wait for those :)

I don't think that the logistic for this is hard, if they offer send free DVD with PWI outside US also they can do same with cards, for that exist amazon, e-bay, etc.
    Also they can offer to shops in other countrys buy big ammounts of cards for resell.
    Anyway there re ways to give the chance to non-US players of get they cards.
    And about the chance of the 9 free ninetails, yes is true that was for all countrys BUT, US players get the chance to get it too... so US players ve double chance of get ninetails.

b:bye

PS: I dont have anything agains US players, just want a fair offer for all b:cute
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Is this only for the 7-11 cards
    Or will the target cards still have a chance at winning?

-- Never mind. I just answered my own question >.>
  • leftsideconnection
    leftsideconnection Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Im glad i stopped to read this!! I was just about to head to target to get a card so would have a chance to win the mount! I would have to drive 4-5 hrs to get to a 7-11! But target is only 2 mins away!! That sux!! How come they didnt do that for the target ones? And maybe for the people that buy off the net wit credit card! KINDA LAME!!!! I know they had the zhen sale but they did that a few days after i spent $20 on it! Well hopefully they will do something for those of us who dont have 7-11s or targets in thier town. There i put in my 2 cents! good luck every one!! *Anabolic*
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Anabolic, they did a Target promotion a little while ago when the cards first came to Target. It's an advertising technique.

Now that the cards have come to 7-11, they're doing a promotion there.

My guess is, when the cards come to store #3, they'll do a similar promotion. At least I hope they will ^x^ I'll only be buying cards during promotions like these, my budget's too tight otherwise.

For online buying, they did a perk of bonus Zen instead of free mount. Giving us a little variety. Just be glad they're doing something extra for us - they don't have to.

And for those who aren't in the US and don't have access to Target/7-11... They're not ignoring you on purpose. My guess is it'll be a bit longer before they can make something outside the US work right :) Since they *are* US based and there are currency exchanges and export laws to figure out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Damn i only know of 1 7-11 around here and im not sure if i wanna spend money for the chance of getting lucky a second time around. then again doesnt hurt to try. Skeptical(sp?) as u can tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
  • NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    (( Everyone has awesome picture signatures >.< damn i might have to start editing again. i want one like that))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
  • HuntresPrime - Lost City
    HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    heh after having a bad back, my computer chair broken. and more stuff around the house falling apart. i think getting a bad panda mount might bee cool. although only spending 10$ isnt going to help me much.but hey its all i can afford and maybe i have Some luck left some where =/ b:shutup
    edited May 2009
    Options
    last day.... 711 better have prepaids
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    last day.... 711 better have prepaids

indeed! be sure to redeem your 7-11 prepaids by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific), Tuesday May 19 to be eligible for this prize drawing!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I went to a 7/11 near my house and they did not have them.
    But i went to another one kind of farther away and they did.
    Ive boughted a few so far so i hope i win XD

I am also curious when then announce the winners xD
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I went to a 7/11 near my house and they did not have them.
    But i went to another one kind of farther away and they did.
    Ive boughted a few so far so i hope i win XD

I am also curious when then announce the winners xD

it will most likely be a week from today (next tuesday night).
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You know, its time for me too QQ about this whole thing.
    This game is called Perfect World International not Perfect World United States, I know it may be more dificult to get it over seas, but come on dudes, to give away a crazy mount like that to one specific country after stating they are an international game, I mean, would it really be to hard to even ship them across North America? The northern Hemesphere? Or something along those lines, because you shouldnt be giving away something like that, to just one country... If I'm not mistaken wouldn't that be false advertising?
    Wonhalt
  • kiln
    kiln Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    International refers to the availability of the game access. The problem is not their fault, but merely marketing issues. I'm certain that the GMs don't have any control over the marketing department, which is who would be working out the sales of the cards. Also, the company is based in the US, so of course it will be easier for them to get US contracts. The more they sell the cards, the more places they will be able to sell them. They have to start somewhere. I know it's annoying to those outside of the US, but complaining to the GMs won't accomplish anything. I'm sure the company knows they have an overseas market and are working on making those connections, but a marketing contract to sell the cards doesn't just happen over night. Business takes a while, relax and know that you'll get your turn eventually.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Walmarts will eventually be global (if not already) and everyone will be happy! I think there's one 7-11 in Arizona, 10 Targets, and tons of Circle K's and Walmarts! Let us not forget the mexican market and their Food City's.

"Crank Dat PvE!"
  • SickTwist - Lost City
    SickTwist - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    when will the bad pandas be given out?

i swear to gawd i better get 1. i bought like fricken 5 of those cards...XD !!b:dirtyb:dirty