Question

Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
Why did you fist users choose fists over axes, swords and spears?

Im going to create a BM but im actually having a hard time deciding over what weapon path to go down, im only thinking fists because on HT you dont see many of them so i would want to be different.

Any advice is welcome b:thanks
Post edited by Drmelvin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• mortie
    mortie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I chose fist over the others because I like fast attacking characters. I'm fully aware that axes/spears will level up faster, but I love the idea of not having to spend anything on potions/hieros. Besides, it's great just attacking a purely physical mob and then just read forums for a bit until it's dead; no need to use any skills (besides canceling their initial spell perhaps).

Also, they look way nicer than the other weapons.
  • Asma - Lost City
    Asma - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    mortie wrote: »
    I chose fist over the others because I like fast attacking characters. I'm fully aware that axes/spears will level up faster, but I love the idea of not having to spend anything on potions/hieros. Besides, it's great just attacking a purely physical mob and then just read forums for a bit until it's dead; no need to use any skills (besides canceling their initial spell perhaps).

Also, they look way nicer than the other weapons.

I hope you meant mana pots cuz your hp will go down faster then a real WR. Any noob that rolls a fist WR prolly rolled a fail class and decided that Fists 'look cool' and 'own in pvp' but the fact is they're the most useless weapon in the entire game. Im gonna be LOLing when you spend 5$ on a restat scroll when you realize how much you fail.
    The fail EP that has emo butterly wings on a male character that talks the most trash
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Why did you fist users choose fists over axes, swords and spears?

Im going to create a BM but im actually having a hard time deciding over what weapon path to go down, im only thinking fists because on HT you dont see many of them so i would want to be different.

Any advice is welcome b:thanks

Axes is the easiest setting in BM. Fists and sword the hardest setting of all.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=276412
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Axes is the easiest setting in BM. Fists and sword the hardest setting of all.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=276412

I disagree. Whats so hard about hitting your opponent to death without skills?
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I disagree. Whats so hard about hitting your opponent to death without skills?

Surviving until the advantages of Fist become worthwhile. Dealing with all the people who think you are nuts to go Fist. Timing the few skills you do use.

Just off the top of my head.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
    edited May 2009
    The only thing i see posted in your response is timing skills. Which shouldn't be hard at all. Please explain more about this difficulty.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mortie
    mortie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I hope you meant mana pots cuz your hp will go down faster then a real WR. Any noob that rolls a fist WR prolly rolled a fail class and decided that Fists 'look cool' and 'own in pvp' but the fact is they're the most useless weapon in the entire game. Im gonna be LOLing when you spend 5$ on a restat scroll when you realize how much you fail.

I don't need any HP pots, then again I'm only lvl 49. There is this skill that heals you ya know... HP goes down at the same rate as with any other weapon, since your defense is the same regardless of weapon choice. I plan on restatting my vit to str when I'm higher lvl, since the higher lvl you are, the less vit adds to your max HP percentage-wise (once it becomes useful to refine / shard your equipment).

Once I've restatted I'll be able to use axes too for AoE grinding if necessary (as supposedly it will get much harder to lvl at some point without AoE, and a friend that is a priest will have caught up to my lvl by then). I can't imagine any class being easier to train up till lvl 50 than a fist warrior. Just because it is the prevalent opinion that Fist warriors suck, doesn't mean they can't actually level decently. By the time you are higher level you should have enough cash that restatting shouldn't cost you any real money and fist users will have plenty SP saved up for the skills of one of the different weapons. I believe no warriors should be dependant on a single weapon forever anyway, it is more about what you use primarily at lower levels.
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    First thing to do now is ignore those flaming any weapon path. Second, choose the path you like and then have a secondary path. You could maybe go fist/pole? Whatever you want okay... Those people like Asma most probably just listen to whatever other people think and roll over when he is told to. Because what is most important in a game? FUN! And dont just choose axe cause of what other people say. I have seen 7x fist BMs and they really do look cool. BTW Asma, fist BM arent the most useless... you are the most useless character in the game. Dont post a comment if you have nothing constructive to say. Fist BM are good for cancelling spells and they attack really fast according to many BMs but those BMs also weigh the pros and cons and decided that axe is better so yeah. Just choose what you like.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    The only thing i see posted in your response is timing skills. Which shouldn't be hard at all. Please explain more about this difficulty.

Sword and fists skills are hard to get benefit from in PVP and even PVE.

Atmos Strike: knockback effect does not work in PVP
    mage Bane: useless, since more casting skills are less than 1 sec
    Spirit chaser: takes too long to cast, 1.7 secs rather than 0.7 secs as Drake Ray.
    Shadowless kick: even if you cancell your opponent skill (almost imposible to do), he still can cast it again right away.
    Vacous Palm: no big deal in slowing your opponent.
    Sword normal attack: it just sucks lol. I hit almost as hard with TT60 axes with no passive skills. While I have my TT70 sword plus all the passive.b:chuckle

Axes is so easy since the users have the same strategy for every situation: AOE for everything. I mean, they AOE in PVP, PVE, Magic mobs, melee mobs, 1vs mob, 1vs multiple mobs, 1 vs player, 1 vs multiple players.

Botton line, they use the AOE skills for any situation. is that dificultb:shocked?

Saying that, sword and fists guys have to act different everytime depending of any of those situations I mentioned above. For instance, if a sword guy was just hit by a mag attack from a mob, using Atmos right after is silly, since the mob will mag attack again due to rangeb:chuckle

Axes can use any skill from fists (as they work unequiped) and any skills from sword as long as they have the weapon.The stats is not an issue or axes.

Well, sword and fists guys cannot use axes skills with the same ease as the stats might not work due to high dex.

No need to say that Atmos and shadowless only need to be on level 1 for the axes guys to benefit from them.

Regarding weapons, as soon as you hit TT. the loved weapons from sword and fists go away since they are rare (claws and duals swords/blades). Axes, they still get their best weapons and nothing has changed for them.

Axes also level quickly if they start using AOE for several mobs and even in zhen.

still, I prefer my main builts to be sword and fists due to these issues and many other more. If you make your vit on 3. the difficulty is even better.

My toon cant afford to take any type of attack (squishy). So, I have to make strategies to make it work.

I think my toon is more deadly than axes on PVE as soon as you learn how to play, (me vs 1 mob). However, all axes guys dissagreb:laugh.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thanks for the advice everyone, i made a fist user anyway lol, i also want to know do you fist users switch between fists and claws or do you prefer to stay as a fist user or a claw user?
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah way to go. Whenever I see a fist user, I would tell him cool fist and nice skills lol. I dont know the answer to your question though.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Thanks for the advice everyone, i made a fist user anyway lol, i also want to know do you fist users switch between fists and claws or do you prefer to stay as a fist user or a claw user?

you will be switching between claws and fists as you go. As they will be available to you at different levels.

they differ mostly on one weapon being more consistant than other for instance fists could hit 100-150 while your claw could do 90-180.
  • Kaier - Sanctuary
    Kaier - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ...i'm still a noob here but i tried blades, axes, poles and fists...either one works as long as u think suites u...i used poleb:pleased
    Friendship means being stupid together...b:cute
    edited May 2009
    Sword and fists skills are hard to get benefit from in PVP and even PVE.

Atmos Strike: knockback effect does not work in PVP
    mage Bane: useless, since more casting skills are less than 1 sec
    Spirit chaser: takes too long to cast, 1.7 secs rather than 0.7 secs as Drake Ray.
    Shadowless kick: even if you cancell your opponent skill (almost imposible to do), he still can cast it again right away.
    Vacous Palm: no big deal in slowing your opponent.
    Sword normal attack: it just sucks lol. I hit almost as hard with TT60 axes with no passive skills. While I have my TT70 sword plus all the passive.

Axes is so easy since the users have the same strategy for every situation: AOE for everything. I mean, they AOE in PVP, PVE, Magic mobs, melee mobs, 1vs mob, 1vs multiple mobs, 1 vs player, 1 vs multiple players.

Botton line, they use the AOE skills for any situation. is that dificult

Saying that, sword and fists guys have to act different everytime depending of any of those situations I mentioned above. For instance, if a sword guy was just hit by a mag attack from a mob, using Atmos right after is silly, since the mob will mag attack again due to rangeb:chuckle

Axes can use any skill from fists (as they work unequiped) and any skills from sword as long as they have the weapon.The stats is not an issue or axes.

Well, sword and fists guys cannot use axes skills with the same ease as the stats might not work due to high dex.

No need to say that Atmos and shadowless only need to be on level 1 for the axes guys to benefit from them.

Regarding weapons, as soon as you hit TT. the loved weapons from sword and fists go away since they are rare (claws and duals swords/blades). Axes, they still get their best weapons and nothing has changed for them.

Axes also level quickly if they start using AOE for several mobs and even in zhen.

still, I prefer my main builts to be sword and fists due to these issues and many other more. If you make your vit on 3. the difficulty is even better.

My toon cant afford to take any type of attack (squishy). So, I have to make strategies to make it work.

I think my toon is more deadly than axes on PVE as soon as you learn how to play, (me vs 1 mob). However, all axes guys dissagreb:laugh.

Well obviously you are misinformed about Axe BM's. Or perhaps the axe BM's you see just aren't up to par. Whatever the case may be let me clarify some things. And ask a few redundant questions of my own.

If you are here stating how your skills of your chosen weapon paths are lacking why do you continue?

And to continue of course the axes are going to hit hard. Its what they do. But swords can attack faster. And have a more consistent damage.

Axe BM's do not have the same strategy for everything. Just because we are AoE machines do not assume we use them for everything. Think about it for a second.

How am i suppose to stun lock an enemy if i am spamming aoe's?

Why would I use AoE's on a single mob? (waste of MP)

So, your above statement is, in a nutshell, wrong.

In each situation a BM must handle it as he/she see's fit. If attacked by a magic mob i'm not going to unleash the dragon...that would be stupid. Right? So your argument there is flawed again.

Axe guys cannot use Sword and Fist skills as easily and effective because of our high strength requirement, and of course build dependent. But anyways once again your argument is flawed.

As far as weapon TT weapons go I lost my favorite weapon of our path which is the duel hammers. So your chosen weapon path isn't the only ones to lose what they like to use.

Yes axes can level quickly but at the cost of charms. And zhen isn't worth it once you hit 70's. Solo AoE or with cleric is more beneficial.

As for your ending statements your reasons are your own. But as for your last statement. It could be argued that 1v1 PvE you have the edge but as for AoE PvE grinding the Axe BM has the edge.

Anyways...I was just wondering...thanks. And continue to have fun man...but just a thought perhaps for more fun you should roll a archer that uses fists or swords...just an idea...b:laugh
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Well, I see axes playing around me everytime I play.

They do AOE in all cases, since those are the skills they have. They can also use the common skills too. Since those are common for all BM, those should not be part of the argument.

I have explained several times why I use sword and fists.

The stunlocking thing, for me is very **** to dob:bye.
    I do stun but I dont stunlock.

regarding the skill from sword and fists you are a bit confused. I will be more detailed.

Skills from fists: You dont need a weapon, and stats are not needed.
    Skills from sword: Any axes guys meet the str requirement from sword. The opposite is not always true.
    Axes skills: for fists users is basically imposible to use the latest fist weapon and the latest axes weapon. Because the fists are high dex and axes are high str.

So, we can say, that Axes guys can use any skill from the BM tree as they will meet any stat requirement for the weapons.

I dont think sword out dps any weapon. I can be a good testimony, since I use sword, fists and axes (axes just for emergencies).

Saying tha, you have to be smart with the sword, I can kill single melee mobs with sword without taking considerable damage and I do it better than axes IMO.

For instance this could be the fist hit secuence

H: means big hit, h= small hit, P= pause and I'm ignoring misses just for the sample:

h-p-h-p

this is the sword secuence:

H-p-p-H-p-p-H

As sword/fists user, what I want to do is the following by switching:

h-P-p or h-p-P

in other words I want do do a small hit (fist) , followed by a big hit (sword right after).

Saying this, I only switch when I want a particular skill or weapon depending on situation b:laugh

Also I might switch from fist to sword, when I think a sword hit would finish the mob (rather than waiting for two fists hits with a pause).b:victory
    edited May 2009
    Well, I see axes playing around me everytime I play.

They do AOE in all cases, since those are the skills they have. They can also use the common skills too. Since those are common for all BM, those should not be part of the argument.They are wasting Mp for convenience. And common tree skills are not to be dismissed. They are part of your arsenal.

I have explained several times why I use sword and fists.

The stunlocking thing, for me is very **** to do
    I do stun but I dont stunlock.Thats too bad. It works great on elite mobs. Not limited to just PvP

regarding the skill from sword and fists you are a bit confused. I will be more detailed.

Skills from fists: You dont need a weapon, and stats are not needed. (If i am going to grab skills from a tree I would like to be able to use that weapon. With your argument it could be said that you can equip low level axes and use those to use axe skills. Either way still not as good)
    Skills from sword: Any axes guys meet the str requirement from sword. The opposite is not always true.But what about Dex requirement. Not all axe users will have it to use swords.
    Axes skills: for fists users is basically imposible to use the latest fist weapon and the latest axes weapon. Because the fists are high dex and axes are high str.I can't use the best fist weapons

So, we can say, that Axes guys can use any skill from the BM tree as they will meet any stat requirement for the weapons. Fist guys can use any skill from tree they will meet requirement. b:victory

I dont think sword out dps any weapon. I can be a good testimony, since I use sword, fists and axes (axes just for emergencies). I use sword as secondary weapon. it performs very well DPS

Saying tha, you have to be smart with the sword, I can kill single melee mobs with sword without taking considerable damage and I do it better than axes IMO. i can take out a mob taking no damage using skills only. Stun lock the enemy. I'll use mp. But recover it all quickly with apothecary. No money spent. just time farming herbs. No need to switch weapons several times. Or go through a list of other skills.

My response to you is in bold print in your quote.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]