Banned?

Options
Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Etherblade (West)
I've been sleeping all day, getting ready for a midnight work shift I'm actually doing now. And I've heard rumors about some people on our server being banned. I heard some names, but don't wanna single anyone out. (I guess I'll let somebody else do that dirty work, who knows more about it than I, lol) Just wondering what did they do exactly, and what went on while I slept?

I can only assume it might have had something to do with fake bidding, or something on those lines?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will never do anything in this world without courage.
It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
~Aristotle
Post edited by Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• screamoman
    screamoman Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've been sleeping all day, getting ready for a midnight work shift I'm actually doing now. And I've heard rumors about some people on our server being banned. I heard some names, but don't wanna single anyone out. (I guess I'll let somebody else do that dirty work, who knows more about it than I, lol) Just wondering what did they do exactly, and what went on while I slept?

I can only assume it might have had something to do with fake bidding, or something on those lines?

Yes some people have been banned. And for fake bidding.

The GM's believe this "fake bidders" are doing this to give other guilds advantages but the reality is 90% of these bidders were really going to show up to the TW. One person got banned EVEN with his bid outbidded, which is ridiculous. If you pay 500k to shell out a bid then they shouldnt have the fight to consider it fake, 500k+ is alot. Obviously, people must have reported whoever repeatly cause back then this type of bidding wasn't even banned, why now? It isn't fair.
  • lamerboi2003
    lamerboi2003 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hidden grudge ftw!
  • WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear
    WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    screamoman wrote: »
    Yes some people have been banned. And for fake bidding.

The GM's believe this "fake bidders" are doing this to give other guilds advantages but the reality is 90% of these bidders were really going to show up to the TW. One person got banned EVEN with his bid outbidded, which is ridiculous. If you pay 500k to shell out a bid then they shouldnt have the fight to consider it fake, 500k+ is alot. Obviously, people must have reported whoever repeatly cause back then this type of bidding wasn't even banned, why now? It isn't fair.

This dude must be from Evolution XD
    THE GOD OF SPEAR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The high lvl noob BMs i know ingame have ton of excuses : When they lost in duel, they say duel is nothing, and say PK is the real PVP, when they cant kill you in PK, they say BM vs BM PK = charm war, then they will say TW is the real PVP, in TW they say TW is about Teamwork so refuse to 1v1

So is that mean it never have a real fight for BM 1v1?
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well I finally found the other thread going about banning. And seen some talking about someone in Enrage being banned. Which reminds me, I could have swore a guild named Defected bid. Which of course makes one think of a certain someone in Enrage. Still not knowing quite what happened. Does that mean whoever was in charge of that Defected guild got banned, and/or Defected himself in Enrage was banned?

I always would like to think things are simpler than they appear. Are you suggesting the GM's here have it out for those in Enrage, and banned for no reason? And this other Defected guild was made by somebody else, trying to get the real Defected banned? Damn just thinking about it all, is enuf to give someone a headache, lol.

I'd like to think the GM's here in the game are more professional than having petty grudges, and wouldn't ban people without proof, or good reason. Afterall this is just a game, and there is data and records of everything that goes on in the game. It really isn't that hard for them to look into their files, and see what really goes on.

If I got something wrong above, please by all means correct me. I'm working on hunches, and speculation. And trying to figure out what people mean, by one sentence responses, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well I finally found the other thread going about banning. And seen some talking about someone in Enrage being banned. Which reminds me, I could have swore a guild named Defected bid. Which of course makes one think of a certain someone in Enrage. Still not knowing quite what happened. Does that mean whoever was in charge of that Defected guild got banned, and/or Defected himself in Enrage was banned?

I always would like to think things are simpler than they appear. Are you suggesting the GM's here have it out for those in Enrage, and banned for no reason? And this other Defected guild was made by somebody else, trying to get the real Defected banned? Damn just thinking about it all, is enuf to give someone a headache, lol.

I'd like to think the GM's here in the game are more professional than having petty grudges, and wouldn't ban people without proof, or good reason. Afterall this is just a game, and there is data and records of everything that goes on in the game. It really isn't that hard for them to look into their files, and see what really goes on.

If I got something wrong above, please by all means correct me. I'm working on hunches, and speculation. And trying to figure out what people mean, by one sentence responses, lol.

It wasnt made by someone else, it was made by defected on an alt char.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reenoa - Heavens Tear
    Reenoa - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

hey fox Defected even admitted it was him who made the Defected faction. He admitted it on i thinkt he Enrage hypoc thread. But i rememebr reading about it.
  • Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear
    Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The faction Healmeplz bidded 500k on Enrage territory, 500k mean that faction havent outbidded anyone or havent got outbided so please someone explain to me how this is beeing a fake bid LOL. From what i heard there is a secret rule where 10k refund faction will get an auto ban now. Just one more episode of "GM are noobs" wonder what'S going to be that next episode b:chuckle. Imo not the first time they do a mistake and wont be the last either

Ask the Guild leader of Solo he's exactly in the same position that i am
  • Lleela - Heavens Tear
    Lleela - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've always been confused as to what constitutes fake bidding as well.

As understand it,

1. basically any pre discussed land swaps between factions. I think we all agree this is bad.
    2. Guilds giving money to other guilds to attack a predetermined land. This maybe could apply in defected, hailstrom(solo) case. Since they belong to a major faction, using their alt guild of 1 or 2 people can be seen as a conflict of interest, or deliberate to manipulate the TW system.
    3. ... who knows, the list could be endless.

The rules seem very open to interpretation, any thing that gives one an "unintended by game design", advantage in either TW or PvE content is a banable offense it appears. It seems the terms of use, was written to be inclusive of GMs interpretations of the guidelines.

Fortunately the bans handed out are slaps on the wrist and nothing permanent. I suppose the lesson here is, don't sit around trying to be cute, or deliberately attempt to manipulate the TW max # attacks/Time of attack ect.

Regarding the GMs decision, not all are going to agree with them, I dont think they are acting on some baias motivation either. Oh lets get Rad, Ely this week and a month from now we will get Enrage.

I suspect now someone will try to rationalize why 1 person alt guilds should be allowed to disrupt multiplayer factions ability to enjoy the TW system.

My personal suggestion to TW gameplay issues, limit the number of lands held by a faction and raise the income on cities. something like a faction may hold as many lvl 3 lands as they can eat, or they can take a lvl2 land and only x number of lvl 3 lands, or they can take a level 1 land and x number of level 2 lands. Increase the income of cities to equal what the guild could have made for the low level land held. This would allow big guilds to obtain the crown jewels of the map and income, while allowing the new growing factions the ability to get on the TW map and earn some coin and TW experience. Also since cities have the disadvantage on defense there would be always someone wanting to go after the big prize.
  • screamoman
    screamoman Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This dude must be from Evolution XD

LOL, woah dude.

Nobody in Evolution including it's leader has the balls to bid on Radiance, so wrong guess there.
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Unfortunately, there are people out there that think there are ways to bypass the rules and Terms of Service that they agreed to when they registered with us. When it comes to bans and punishments, that information is not discussed by the Perfect World Entertainment staff. A lot of posters in this thread do not know the full story of what has occurred and do not have the information we have in regards to this issue. Just know that people broke the rules and were punished, the terms of the punishment as well as the reason for the punishment can only be discussed with the users who have violated those rules. I am closing this thread because the information being entered by other users is incorrect and only speculation. Bans are not discussed in the forums.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
This discussion has been closed.