Archers vs Wizards

drmarley
drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Archer
Quick Question (Random) - Are Archers superior to Wizards as far as DD is concerned end game? (If you believe one is superior to the other, could you give a reason why?)

These are the only two classes the people refer to when DD is concerned and I was just wondering which is considered superior when it's all said and done. I realize none of y'all have reached that point yet, and I've a ways to go myself but meh.. figured I'd ask. b:thanks

Note: No class bashing please. b:bye
Post edited by drmarley on

Comments

• Yoruichi - Harshlands
    Yoruichi - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A mage with their lvl 100 skill and a cleric's red bubble is quite superior.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i am pretty sure archer will win in terms of dealing the most dmg over a lengthy period of time. wiz have high dmg per spell and crazy dmg on some of their higher lvl spells, but they take like 2-3sec to use. an archer can shoot out 2-3 arrows by the time they finish their spell. 2 normal atk from archer is usually > than 1 spell from wiz.

later on, the critical gap between archer and wiz shows up even more, archers get like 20-30% crit while wizards(assuming pure mag) are stuck with maybe 6-7% crit. the crit gap and the faster atk speed of archer usually means archers out dmg wiz over a period of time.

if u want 2 ask DD in terms of 1 shot dmg, wiz will out dmg archer. their high lvl skills have alot of bonus dmg addon it making it some of the highest 1 shot dmg skill in the game.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Archers are the better DDs because of their fast damage, which means they have more of a chance to kill before the enemy reaches them. Wizards have less of a chance to kill before the enemy reaches them because of the slow cast time.

People may say wizards do more damage in one shot, but in comparison to archers and taking into account the "SPEED", archers are better DDs.
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Archers are the better DDs because of their fast damage, which means they have more of a chance to kill before the enemy reaches them. Wizards have less of a chance to kill before the enemy reaches them because of the slow cast time.

People may say wizards do more damage in one shot, but in comparison to archers and taking into account the "SPEED", archers are better DDs.
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victory

wizards get hit less than archers.

to decide which would do more damage, if both use equal equipment and all that jazz, it's the time period. short fights: wizard wins due to high spike damage skills. long fights, the quick hits from an archer, and the number of critical's that can unleash over that time, they may deal more damage.

unless that archer is hitting a crit every other hit, i don't really see it doing more damage. i've watched wizards with lower gears hold aggro to bosses over an archer 5, even 10 levels higher.
  • Jimmijam - Heavens Tear
    Jimmijam - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dont forget that wiz can get -channel gear on evry piece of gear. i dont think archers can get -delay skill other than on their weapon. which can rule out speed. this makes wiz do a lot more dmg quickly
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There are 5 lvl 100 archers on lost city and a lvl 101 wizard and another lvl 100 wizard on lost city. 15 lvl 100 or better chars on lost. There are people who have reached that point in the game...if you want an opinion that is straight from the source i'd ask them....other then that its all speculation and people can throw out all their calculator this, go see this website that, and oh if this gear was in game they'd totally own gibberish.

Check out the lvl rankings
    LVL RANK
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wizard. in my opinion I have seen steal agro from archers.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wizards mostly have insanely long cast times. There are tricks to increasing damage though, such as filling chi all the way, letting off sutra, using one spell to fill one spark, sparking, and then letting off a few high damage quick spells.

Wizards generally cant out damage an archer though, if an archer goes skill crazy, itll steal aggro fast than a stinky wizard. In higher levels, demon archers will always steal it, hence why most wait for sharpened tooth arrow to wear off and stick to melees instead of going skill berzerk.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Archer has much higher dps and their killing speed is greater on anything that takes more than say 4 hits to kill. An archer will shoot off at least 2 shots in the time it takes a mage to use one skill and 2 ea shots>one mg skill not to mention the crit difference between them. Even if mg uses stronger skills they have slower cast times and the ea would have shot of more arrows in that time. Wiz may be able to have -channel but archers can have -interval on wrists weapon and top as well as -interval from set bonuses of hh99 which can make an archer attack over 50% faster which is only possible for mages from -channel if they are all crafted gear with 9% channel. Also if both archer and mage are attacking more often the difference made by crit % is greater.

If you want simple proof, I have pulled aggro of Elayne the lvl101 mg with hh99+9 while im using hh90+8

@ Forp Demon archers can have a constant 40%+ crit at 99 easily so that is almost a crit every other hit.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    whoever has better gear wins.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i love how he uses MY-En and PWI names interchangeably.

for OP: (this is not a freakin malay version of PW which is nowhere near the same)
    EA = Elven Archer -> Archer
    MG =Mage -> Wizard
    HH= Holy Hall -> Twilight Temple

We dont play MY man ):. If you want to sound "proper" go get the chinese names and refer to those, thats what we REALLY are :P.

Youd call yourself a Yu Mang, and that you out damage a Fa Shih, lol. >_> and im a yao jing!? no.
  • Comy - Lost City
    Comy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    true...b:victory
    They can run...but they cant hide!!!b:laugh