Lolwut boring. `-`

WingedAmeh - Heavens Tear
WingedAmeh - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Is it me, or are most classes boring.

Venomancer
  • The pet takes all the damage, so there's no worry of dying.
  • Heal Pet makes sure it won't die...especially at 17+ where you have a Golem.
  • Bash has good damage from Golems and keeps aggro.
  • Venos' skills are just...overpowered. I can do nearly 1k with Ironwood Scarab at lv23. <_<
  • Same **** over and over. Burning Scarab -> Ironwood Scarab -> Venomous Scarab

Mage
  • Dies too easy from melee mobs...which are VERY common in your 20- levels.
  • Have to run constantly to avoid 1/6 of your life being gone from ONE attack.
  • Sacrificial Assault/Increased Attack mobs take 1/3 of your HP. Or 1/4...depends.
  • Don't get the Distance Shrink until 19/29. :|

Ranger
  • Nothing really to say so far about the Winged Elf Archer.
  • Ammo...possibly. :| Chi costly...from Frost Arrow + Winged Blessing...meh. Nothing bad.
Post edited by WingedAmeh - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Mage

Running is the most fun part of being a Mage. o.O
    I like pie
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Amen bro Amen!..though i havent ran much since i turned light armor.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear
    Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Venomancer
    • Venos' skills are just...overpowered. I can do nearly 1k with Ironwood Scarab at lv23. <_<

Mage
    • Sacrificial Assault/Increased Attack mobs take 1/3 of your HP. Or 1/4...depends.

Ranger
    • Ammo...possibly. :| Chi costly...from Frost Arrow + Winged Blessing...meh. Nothing bad.

o.0 then how do you explain clerics ? we can chose to run or not depending on skills used in battle. such as healing and or plume shell. dont see how hp would be a prob with right build and timed healing.
    A Faction leader is not just someone that helps the faction its self, but also gives back and helps the world. *If not then what kind of leader are you ?o.0

*Faction or not -help those in need.*
    Let me know if i can be of any help in anyway, Im up for just about anything.b:victory
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    sac **** mobs actually reach you?!

You have to be doing something wrong.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Venomancer

Mage

Ranger

Umm dudette...

Your totally play this game wrong if you ONLY THINK ABOUT THE BORING PARTS... like the plain zero IQ grind...

What about... like everything else?
    Friends? Guilds? Quests? Tactics? Pwning Noobs?...

You need to think more dudette, like seriously.... Use your imagination.. too. Don't be lazy and go all auto on this game, because that's what botters do.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Or, you can always, "alt + f4" then uninstall.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I haven't used frost arrow since i got it...and archers use chi for alot of skills, i wouldn't say it's "costly" xD not like you have to pay for it. It's winged shell not winged blessing btw ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Mages/Wizards are even worse against archer types. With melees at least they have to get up close(r) which gives you time for an extra attack or two and use will of pheonix to knock them back (as well as gush, hailstorm, etc to slow or stun them). With a careful use of will of pheonix and will of force (interrupts and sends them back for a few seconds) you could quite easily take down a melee mob your level without it hitting you at all unless your mag atk is relatively low.

Also in most cases sacraficial assault melee mobs shouldn't reach you. Most should die in about 1 - 3 hits.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • WingedAmeh - Heavens Tear
    WingedAmeh - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Umm dudette...

Your totally play this game wrong if you ONLY THINK ABOUT THE BORING PARTS... like the plain zero IQ grind...

What about... like everything else?
    Friends? Guilds? Quests? Tactics? Pwning Noobs?...

You need to think more dudette, like seriously.... Use your imagination.. too. Don't be lazy and go all auto on this game, because that's what botters do.

I was referring to CLASSES. I know everything else is fun, but I was referring SOLELY to the classes. And I could make a "Con vs Pro" list...but meh. <.<
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009

It's just you, and it might help to play to a level beyond level 23 with a non-cookie cutter build before generalizing about classes based on a single aspect of said class. I say this because the Venomancer class is one of the more versatile classes, and can be played in many different ways depending on what the player wishes to do, or how they wish to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I was referring to CLASSES. I know everything else is fun, but I was referring SOLELY to the classes. And I could make a "Con vs Pro" list...but meh. <.<

Well... umm.. level up...

You will... umm.. have more skills? (+more flashy moves)

But yea, I guess the basic tank + spank thing is kinda boring after a while. But I do think classes at least feels a lot different.. meh.

Well personally, I don't really think of my class a lot lol... I just play one character and level it up to the max so I don't waste my time on dumb alts. Yea, it might be boring sometimes, but hey I get motivated while trying to dominate the global economy. More level = more money = more domination.

You know, just level up n stuff, you might like that class you play even though at level 20 you were that stupid weak wizard who died to a level 20 mob. Who knows, you might be that godly awesome level 80 wizard who pwns everything in 2 skills (provided you spark of course b:victory).
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Zeph's right, setting yourself an ingame goal really helps. I've picked mine and things are going pretty well. I'm pretty much at the lvl zeph described too, two shotting mobs with spark eruption.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well I think cleric most boring.
    Soloing - cyclone+plume all day
    Group - smash the ironheart button
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    so you find some class are more fun then others ?
    Please explain to me how so ?

you do the same cr4p over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over..
    Regardless what class you play.

Here is a new game you might want to try... LIFE
    It can be very interesting if you play it right.
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Life? I tried that. Graphics sucked and too many botters. Totally overrated.

Personally I enjoy all the classes, well not barb but that has little to nothing to do with the class and all to do with me not wanting to play a character that looks like that.

I wouldn't call any of them boring but they all do have challenges you have to work around.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    OP why dont you try leveling before criticizing your class lol. its kind of dumb to call something boring when you havent seen higher end of the spectrum gaming life :P (end game sounds stupid because you can never truly beat an MMO, they never end)