Fix macros? o.o

PoisonAmy - Heavens Tear
PoisonAmy - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
Well, I suggest that macros be fixed. Currently, the system is set up as the macro continues if the skill is available. If the skill is on cooldown, the macro is interrupted and ended. Example:

Pyrogram and Gush both have a 3s cooldown. The casting allows for both to be used without the macro ending. HOWEVER

If Pyro and Gush had 4s, and the macro was Pyro -> Gush -> Pyro, then only Pyro + Gush (first two) would be casted.

Suggestion: fix it so that the macro would continue until the macro is complete. The macro would make it so that any skill was on cooldown could still be used, you would just wait until it was used. Example...

Pyro and Gush (pretending here) both have a 5 second cooldown.

You cast Pyro on an enemy, and then Gush. But Pyro is cooling down. So Pyro -> Gush (success) -> Pyro (end of macro due to the system).

With it fixed, it would be

Pyro -> Gush (success) -> (wait 2 seconds for CD to go down) Pyro (success)
Post edited by PoisonAmy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I like this idea... The macro should just wait, then do..
  • Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have noticed that you can be interrupted, but the macro continues. Sadly, it skips the skill that was interrupted. If you have a tightly wound macro, that means you only get half of it.

Pitfall>Gush>Crown of Flame>Will of the Phoenix>Pitfall>Gush>Crown of Flame>Will of the Phoenix

There are three 8-second cooldowns involved in this macro. That means that if just one skill is interrupted, the macro fails to complete. Personally, I dislike the interruption concept, but I understand its need. If you increased the channel time, instead of stopping the cast, it would be better. =)
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • WingedAmeh - Heavens Tear
    WingedAmeh - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Bump. Want this to be fixed. ;-;
  • Derold - Dreamweaver
    Derold - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I semi agree with original poster.
    However I wish to put a different spin on this.
    possible rule set for macros:
    1 if magic/chi less than required for skill - skip
    2 if in cool down but enough magic - wait

would like to see the following macro option added as well.

how would you folks like to see a repeat you can drop in macro? or even a repeat-from in case you do not want to repeat the opening move(s)?

complete noob at this time so may have missed the repeat 8*)
  • Lady_Satsue - Lost City
    Lady_Satsue - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is very easy to take care of. Simply put a attack option in between the spells. (Just one) Your character will keep attacking regularly until he can preform the spell you want. This was never a problem.

What would you want your character to do. Preform the spells then sit there and do nothing while they wait for it to recharge? You should experiment with this as it should never be a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_Satsue - Lost City
    Lady_Satsue - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Now for skills that require chi it is another story. If you have a regular attack command in front of this and you don't have the chi he will just keep regular attacking even after he gains the chi. So if you must put a spell in there that does need chi it should be second to last or last. (Refer to tip below for more info)

I believe that macros should also end with a regular attack. That way you can safely be distracted w/o the worry of finding your character sitting there an inch from health just taking damage.

Here is a basic example
    (Spell 1, Spell 2, Spell 3, reg atk, Spell 1, Spell 2, Spell 3, reg atk)

Even if all your spells had a 20 sec reload you would be fine. Also I believe you should put the spell with the longest cooldown in Spell 1 slot. You could also try putting so much spells into it that you don't have to worry about cooldown.

Another example (Lets refer to spells as S1, S2 ect.)

(S1,S2,S3,S4,S5,S6,S7, reg atk) While I don't believe you should have this many skills as the cost of spirit will become to high to upgrade them all this is another method that might help.

If you don't want reg atks in between your spells and don't have many spells plan them out. Put it in order from longest cooldown to shortest and shortest casting to longest if it is possible to do both at once.

Ultimately the best way to solve this is just to keep switching around spells and see what works. Don't forget to test the macros when you level up a spell as it might **** up your macros that used to work just fine.

Basically, this isn't an existing problem. Regular attacks will keep going until the cool down is finished.

I know this is a lot to take in but I really hope that it helps. b:victory

P.S. My macros kill some mobs that are 5 levels higher than me b4 I finish my macro. I personally use the first example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Regular attack isnt an option for mage classes. They can't just go up and hit the opponent. It does help to add in spammable skills in between. The works for wizard, but for classes like veno, there just aren't enough skills to go around to make a long repeatable chain.
  • Sabariel - Lost City
    Sabariel - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Bump. b:cute

There is also a glitch with the two BM marrow skills.
    on my BM I tried to make a macro that would do both, and I'd have to check again, but I think it only did the second.
    b:bye PW
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    id love a repeat/and delay button to add in macros for clerics spamming ironheart.

Some boss's dont need to have a continuing stream of constant ironhearts, it would be nice to have like a 1 second delay in between ironhearts while using macros.
  • Sabariel - Lost City
    Sabariel - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    id love a repeat/and delay button to add in macros for clerics spamming ironheart.

Some boss's dont need to have a continuing stream of constant ironhearts, it would be nice to have like a 1 second delay in between ironhearts while using macros.

I swear, you are following me from thread to thread
    b:bye PW
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I swear, you are following me from thread to thread

*looks at post count* I WUZ HERE FIRST <_________<
  • KevinK - Sanctuary
    KevinK - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is very easy to take care of. Simply put a attack option in between the spells. (Just one) Your character will keep attacking regularly until he can preform the spell you want. This was never a problem.

What would you want your character to do. Preform the spells then sit there and do nothing while they wait for it to recharge? You should experiment with this as it should never be a problem.

I see your point in attacking instead of using spells, but that doesn't work well in some cases. For a wizard, the pyrogram-gush combo leaves only a split second of waiting before the next spell is casted. Therefore, it would be a waste of time attacking at atack rate 1 attack/second. You would waste a whole second, while you coulda have already started casting another spell.