How good is Sunder?

Options
Taigerr - Heavens Tear
Taigerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Barbarian
ya.. i keep hearing all the higher lvls say that sunder iz the shizz. But..is it a good skill like they say it is? This one guy i talked to said that sunder is what made him switch to pure tiger. Just wondering if its a good skill like its made out to be. A desciption(bad spelling skills) of it wuld be nice to, like the hp give back at its max lvl or w/e. BTW i had a lvl 40+ gimped barb that i wasted too much coin and spirit in on humanoid skillz.. that y im rerolling a full tiger tank. OK i just want to know thats all..b:victory
Taking the beatings and putting up with the repairs so you don't have to. Hey, its a hard job, but someone's gotta do it.....b:surrender
Post edited by Taigerr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Sunder is king for PvE. I have only been leveling sunder and titans for a quite a few levels now. All other coin goes to equipment.

Btw, at lvl10 which you get at lvl86, sunder: (copy-paste from ecatombs website).

"The full force of one's vigor is unleashed with this swirling blow. Attack all enemies within 12-meter-radius around you, dealing base physical damage plus 200% of weapon damage and causing them to bleed. Bleeding enemies suffer 8724.2 damage for 30 seconds, during which you absorb 4800 HP."

If you go sage (lvl99):
    "The full force of one's vigor is unleashed with this swirling blow. Attack all enemies within 12-meter-radius around you, dealing base physical damage plus 200% of weapon damage and causing them to bleed. Bleeding enemies suffer 9245.0 damage for 30 seconds, during which you absorb 6666 HP."

If you prefer demon (lvl99):
    "The full force of one's vigor is unleashed with this swirling blow. Attack all enemies within 12-meter-radius around you, dealing base physical damage plus 200% of weapon damage and causing them to bleed. Bleeding enemies suffer 9245.0 damage for 30 seconds, during which you absorb 4000 HP.

Demon version recovers a total of 4000 HP and makes every attack critical for 5 seconds."

All require 2 sparks.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Bolinhas - Lost City
    Bolinhas - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    *quotes Hazardus* b:cute

Sunder rules for grinding, no more pots used now b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yeah thats basically the main strength of sunder, it recharges quite a lot of HP regardless of wether you hit or not, and it does nice damage + alot of bleed on top of that.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Quote all of the above. The only people that bad mouth Sunder are probably rich and always have charms equipped. Sunder IS the shizzz!!!
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    DarkRings - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm not rich nor I always have charm equipped..
    Why bother grinding as a barb?...b:surrender
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm not rich nor I always have charm equipped..
    Why bother grinding as a barb?...b:surrender

I don't mean to hi-jack the thread but I have a quick question for DarkRings.

How did you make it through your mid-late 40's? Late 50's? Late 60's? For me, the questing was completely dry and on days where there weren't many FBs to fill my time, grinding was the only option... and trust me, I know how to slow, boring, and inefficient grinding as Barb is. It SUCKS.

So tell me, how did you level in those days? I am very interested to hear someone elses tale!
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    DarkRings - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I don't mean to hi-jack the thread but I have a quick question for DarkRings.

How did you make it through your mid-late 40's? Late 50's? Late 60's? For me, the questing was completely dry and on days where there weren't many FBs to fill my time, grinding was the only option... and trust me, I know how to slow, boring, and inefficient grinding as Barb is. It SUCKS.

So tell me, how did you level in those days? I am very interested to hear someone elses tale!

Aww, sure, of course ~
    I did Fb to Lv since lv.19..

40s... Just Fbing, daily, and questing

50s... Same as 40s

60s... Same as 40x50

Stopped Questing at 70...
    Some zhen in the late 70s
    Daily FTW!

xD b:surrender
  • Gogg - Heavens Tear
    Gogg - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No more pots!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I love Sunder... once I got to lvl 3 of it I was able to easily kill 3-5 mobs at my level at the same time. Now it's used during rebirths for the dmg the heal and the Aggro.
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sunder is really your personal preference. I myself have kept it at level 1 because I used HP regen pots instead.

However, if feel like spending the coins and spirit to level, THEN DO SO. This skill is undeniably good; unlike Perdition or Bloodbath, there is no drawback other than the two sparks (a small price to pay when grinding), and the massive HP regen will help you out a great deal in PVE situations.

Though the regen might not be useful in terms of killing in PVP, the amount of damage you can achieve with it is nice. Plus, like Hazardus has pointed out, if you go hell, you get 5 seconds of 100% crit...Very useful, considering Barbarians have the fasted channeling and casting time of all the classes (aside from maybe the first BM).