I'm thinking of starting a cleric...

amiuki
amiuki Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
I'm going to start a cleric but I've hit a small snag. I'm wondering whether the traditional cleric build (3 mag 1 str and 1 vit every lvl) or the light armor build (was it 3 mag 1 str 1 dex?) would work better in pve. I'm asking because I want to do something to make sure I'm not to squishy and can solo things if I want to, all explanations appreciated b:thanks

P.S. don't comment on light armor unless you tried it and same for the other.b:cool
Post edited by amiuki on

Comments

• missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Starting, 9int 1str is the best way to go.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i would tell u "stop, turn around, go the other way". but u already made one. u only need 1 str every 2 levels. add 6-8 magic every 2 levels, 1-3 vit. preferably 7 magic, 2 vit, 1 str.
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i would tell u "stop, turn around, go the other way". but u already made one. u only need 1 str every 2 levels. add 6-8 magic every 2 levels, 1-3 vit. preferably 7 magic, 2 vit, 1 str.

You don't need vit if you can kite.
  • Lilithlaws - Heavens Tear
    Lilithlaws - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I put 3 strenght an 2 magic one lvl then i put do the same for dex an vit 2 strenght an 3 dex, my cleric right now is heal support with 1775 hp, an 4537 mp i use arcane wear an I do fine with mobs the first thing i would lvl if I was u is ironheart blessing, i can take on mobs that r 3x the lvl as me with that spell use it 3x then attack with plum shot
    hope this helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Yesterday is History, Tommorow is a Mystery, an Today is a gift that is why we call it "Present"
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    missqq wrote: »
    You don't need vit if you can kite.

u can't kite bosses that aoe a 45m room and u have to be in bb in order to keep the rest of the squad alive.

i want to see u get 5k+ hp buffed without spending millions of refines
    I put 3 strenght an 2 magic one lvl then i put do the same for dex an vit 2 strenght an 3 dex, my cleric right now is heal support with 1775 hp, an 4537 mp i use arcane wear an I do fine with mobs the first thing i would lvl if I was u is ironheart blessing, i can take on mobs that r 3x the lvl as me with that spell use it 3x then attack with plum shot
    hope this helps

the hell are u on about?

don't take this advice
  • amiuki
    amiuki Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Okay, looks like I'm going traditional b:pleased And since the guy who recommended it is lvl 82, I'll take his word for it b:laugh

Thankies XD
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hope this helps

b:shocked lol what is your build?
    b:chuckle new build for fail EP? b:shutup oops sorry there is no fail in PvE b:bye
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No reason to bash people that don't know the game as well as you "pros" above.
    hope this helps

That build is not a good idea, i know that you build your char like that because it seems like the most balanced way to go but that's not the case, many new players make those mistakes, It's very messy with too many wasted attribute points.
    A Caster (of any sort) in PWI needs 1str and 6mag per two lvls minimun requirement for arcane robes and wapon that match your lvl, then you can use the remaining 3 in any way you like; you can put it all in mag to achive highter dmg/heal output or you can put it on vit for highter hp to achive survivality, you can also mix the two like for example put 2 on vit and 1 on mag to make a more rounded build but never ever put points on dex, you won't need it at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niyatu - Lost City
    Niyatu - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hope this helps

I'm sorry to say but you should re roll or use a reset scroll to remove all the useless dex/str and put it in mag (or vit if you want to). This build is NOT good at all, to me it seems like you think plume shot is based on your base physical attack.

- Niyatu/Laura.
    Sympathy is just a sign of your own weaknes.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The issue is if you want survivability or high damage/heals.

For survivability, go with a 3 vit/6 mag/1 str per two levels build - this will give you LOADS of HP (for clerics), which increases the odds of your survival, while letting you use your gear.

For damage/healing and survival balance, go with the 1vit/8 mag/1 str build. This gives you lower health than the above version, but still enough that you should be able to take a hit or three, while giving you a lot of power behind your attacks and heals. If needed, you can put a point more or less into vit every odd level to proritise either health or damage.

For maxing your damage/healing output, go with a 9 mag/1 str pure build. You will be the very definition of squishy, and you wll die quickly, but your damage and healing will be as high as it can be.