4 ears?

Options
Mothra - Lost City
Mothra - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
I have a (serious) question about Venomancers and animal girls in general. Are the ears on top of their head (for venos this would be fox, cat, rabbit, and maybe the devil thing) actual ears that can hear or what? The girls are obviously part animal, so they couldn't just be plastic.
Post edited by Mothra - Lost City on

Comments

• Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well natrually in the game you dont have to use ears to hear things cause it's a game.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • Mothra - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well thank you for the insight. I can rest assured I don't need my character to hear anything.

Can anyone actually answer the question?
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I dunno but since they got human ears too.. I dont think they would have 4 ears? o.O Maybe they switch between 'em and the animal ear are more sensetive to sound lol... Since its a mmorpg I guess u can just play with different ideas and ther're prolly no right answer to ur question...
    *Semi retired*
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Maybe it's a reference to Loveless (the manga) where you lose those pretty ears once you lose your virginity. Otherwise, it's just for show lol
  • Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, maybe it's purely cosmetic (Untamed sees human, copies form, ears and all).

Or, you could do what I do and get a hairstyle that covers the ears so you can pretend they only have animal ears. =P
  • PoisonRomy - Dreamweaver
    PoisonRomy - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i would say they use all 4 since they are half beast(fox)half human
    but if u dont like having both u could build the veno with the horns? b:chuckle
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Maybe it's a reference to Loveless (the manga) where you lose those pretty ears once you lose your virginity. Otherwise, it's just for show lol
    LOL LOVELESS IS YAOI.

um it refers to yao jing fox spirits, when theyre young spirits they would have incomplete transformations when they disguised themselves as humans, theyd maybe have a tail or ears or whatever,

the different bat, deer, bunny, cat, fox etc ears are because we venos evolved from those
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    b:chuckleAll the better to hear you with...b:chuckle

But seriously.

Im going to eat you.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    On a side note, deer veno does only have on pair of ears... o.O
    *Semi retired*
  • Mothra - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    LOL LOVELESS IS YAOI.

um it refers to yao jing fox spirits, when theyre young spirits they would have incomplete transformations when they disguised themselves as humans, theyd maybe have a tail or ears or whatever,

the different bat, deer, bunny, cat, fox etc ears are because we venos evolved from those
    Thanks! All is clear now.
  • skyercaps
    skyercaps Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yeah I thought it was weird when I first made my chara how they added human ears along with animal ears. So I just made my ears really small and had long hair cover it. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yau - Sanctuary
    Yau - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The bat venos have wings instead of ears, O.o. So much for wanting Echo-location.
  • Baritomaris - Sanctuary
    Baritomaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I guess venos do have four ears. Never noticed this before.

So I wonder...

Do these ladies have four of anything else? ;)
  • Mothra - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm still curious actually. Although Tearvalerin's post explains why they're there, I still don't know what they do (if anything). Do Venos have four ears because PW developers are lazy? I don't know if cat girls/nekos/whatever outside of PW have four ears as well or not.