Disconnecting all the time....

shafty
shafty Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
Hi all,

ive been playing the game for about 1 month now and im at LVL 40,
ive been getting disconnected 2-3 times a day losing Exp points nearly every time for the first 3-4 weeks, which isnt so bad..... but now the past 3 days or so im getting disconnected every 5-10 minutes losing about 20-25 % exp a day!!!
Dont know what the problem is, no problem with my internet as everything else works fine.
Is this a problem due to the increase in Users since the game started?
love the game, but need to get this problem solved.
I am based in Bangkok / Thailand

would be grateful for any help!

forgot to mention that when i get disconnected it takes me 15-20 mins to log back in, because it says 'the account is already logged in'
Post edited by shafty on

Comments

• beovulf
    beovulf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    shafty wrote: »
    Hi all,

forgot to mention that when i get disconnected it takes me 15-20 mins to log back in, because it says 'the account is already logged in'

I had the same problem one time and I tried several times to get back in and each time received the same error. I then noticed there was a check-box on the right-side of the login that, I believe says "Safe Log-in" (I am at work so I can't check now) or something like that, and I checked it and tried logging in again and I was able to log in.

Hope that helps!

I too have problems with frequent disconnects...2-3 times in a four-hour session and I live in the states. I am using a wireless router connected to a cable modem. My wireless does not disconnected though when I get disconnected from the server.
  • stevensl2
    stevensl2 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i suggest u use wired internet :P and if u cant try this.
    u know how satellite dishes work?
    use tin foil and make the same, but make the disk face at your router ( or your neighbors router if ur a theif XD )
  • shafty
    edited September 2008
    thanks for the info guys,

but it still doesnt explain why it has suddenly got so much worse....
    for 3 weeeks or so no real problems but now disconnecting every 5 minutes.
    i live in an apartment and have shared wireless internet (external wieless), i have contacted the office and noone has changed anything with the internet....? why has it got so bad all of a sudden?, i still get high speed downloads, dont understand the problem :(
  • shafty
    edited September 2008
    thanks for the info guys,

but it still doesnt explain why it has got so bad all of a sudden, for 3 weeks no real problem, but now im being disconnected every 5 minutes.
    I live in an apartment block and have shared wireless internet (external), I contacted the office and they havnt changed anything, and i still get high speed downloads.
    very confusing and annoying because of all the hours I put into the game :(
  • joezuh
    joezuh Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I actually kinda wonder about this.

The same thing happens to me, and it's very peculiar.

It's as if the Perfect World client actually disables my wireless connection, since my wireless adapter does not reconnect until I Alt+Tab out of the client.

What's even more peculiar is that I'm finding that if, say on long Dragon Quest trips where I'm Auto-Pathing, I'll Alt+Tab out and do something else, and it will never disconnect.

I don't get it.
  • Seanthrgreat - Heavens Tear
    Seanthrgreat - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lot's of threads and posts on this subject so there is obviously a problem somewhere with the game, must say im surprised at the lack of input from GM and admin considering how many people are having connection problems with PW and no other aspect of thier internet connection, c'mon guys get this sorted the game is unplayable like this.
  • Emmxx - Heavens Tear
    Emmxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    this is beyond a joke i have send PW a ticket and they haven't bothered to email back and i see no mod have bothered to say we r looking into it and there is another thread about the same thing hmm looks like they r ignoring the problem here
  • Seanthrgreat - Heavens Tear
    Seanthrgreat - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have reinstalled PW on my pc and it seems to have solved the problem.
  • A_ssassin - Sanctuary
    A_ssassin - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i have exactly the same problem.

everything went fine. but since few days i always get disconnected every 4-5 minutes. i've never changed anything with my internet and i dont have a firewall or sth like that.

maybe i will reinstall PW, too. But first i hope any GM will answer and give an advice. would be nice....since there are many people with that problem

P.s.
    i am not getting disconnected when i am doing sth different at the computer while the perfect world window is minimized....dont know why...
  • Nolaquen - Heavens Tear
    Nolaquen - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm going to bump this, because I'm having this problem again. It seemed to stop for a week or so, but its back. Any new ideas would be very appreciated.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Sounds like it it could be a network setting on your PC or other connected hardware.

Please check this out: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4

Internet traffic is like car traffic. Accidents, detours ans more can occur with the way data flows. It isn't always fun dealing with ISP or networking issues.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Reizon - Sanctuary
    Reizon - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have had the same problem, and it only recently started to happen, i dont know if its cause of the new patch but i'm sorry GMS its nothing to do with network connnections, My Laptop and My Desktop run exact same O/S install and Receive the same University Wireless Internet, i run plently of other games without any other disconnection errors, it is a Errror within Perfect World, i have read - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4 but what i have said above proves that it would be pointless.

Even if we say my laptop is taking the ports up and desktop is having problems, even without laptop on, desktop still disconnects, i will try re-installing and opening ports up to 100 or something, but please look into this alittle more seriously.
  • Shadrika - Sanctuary
    Shadrika - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The same thing is happening to my friend. He's certain that it's nothing to do with his internet connection or such because everything else works fine. But it's very annoying when he gets disconnected and the game says he's still logged in and then when he finally manages to log back in 5 or so minutes later, he's been killed by monsters.

Please, look into this. He enjoys the game very much but is getting rather annoyed and hardly plays now because he expects to get kicked off for no reason. I'll suggest re-installing the game, but if you have some other solution, that would be very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.